Login

russian armor

2v2s with the new patch

1 Apr 2015, 16:13 PM

With this new patch I'm curious to know how others feel towards 2v2s now.

Are they better? (more balanced)
Are they worse? (more imbalanced)

For me its kind of gone both ways, but double ostheer seems to fail hard still on high level games.

Thoughts?
1 Apr 2015, 16:19 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Double USF is much stronger
1 Apr 2015, 16:19 PM

Well me and my teamate was able to defeat a OKW player after he had 3 obers, a KT, and a Jagdpanzer. Which would have been impossible before the patch.

So far game feels tremendously more balanced.
1 Apr 2015, 16:34 PM

Feels right.
All 4 sides doesn't particularly excel in any stage of the game and aren't underpowered in late game.
1 Apr 2015, 17:30 PM

Pretty sure double Soviets will still be dominant in high level play, dont see how that could have changed.
1 Apr 2015, 17:34 PM

Feels right.
All 4 sides doesn't particularly excel in any stage of the game and aren't underpowered in late game.

Allies still dominate early game.
1 Apr 2015, 17:58 PM
Donator 11

OKW units are still very powerfull
1 Apr 2015, 18:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

For once, i'm glad no more double sprinting snipers.
1 Apr 2015, 18:16 PM

Double Soviets rape ^^
1 Apr 2015, 20:14 PM

Axis blob still owns. Use MGs more for anti-inf instead of anti-tank and let the late game Uber-tanks own the game. Pre-patch, Allies could use infantry to counter the anti-tank infantry blob, now it can't. It gets raped by the up-gunned anti-inf blob, then, of course, the late game Axis tanks just rape anything Allies have.
1 Apr 2015, 20:55 PM

Axis blob still owns. Use MGs more for anti-inf instead of anti-tank and let the late game Uber-tanks own the game. Pre-patch, Allies could use infantry to counter the anti-tank infantry blob, now it can't. It gets raped by the up-gunned anti-inf blob, then, of course, the late game Axis tanks just rape anything Allies have.

What? Allied AT in this patch was buffed, and OKW's infantry was nerfed.
2 Apr 2015, 06:47 AM

OKW units are still very powerfull

And what did you expect? :nahnah:

I told you guys you will come back here again and cry "OKW OP!". You were hasty in your joy.
2 Apr 2015, 06:56 AM

Hmg 42 over buffed.
2 Apr 2015, 07:16 AM
Patrion 14

The game is a lot better now during all times compared to pre-patched. The buffs to the MG42, the 221/222, and the ostheer sniper, have all come together to give Ostheer a lot more viable options to play through the early game. The buff to pioneer sight has made ostheer combine d arms play a lot more effective, and reinforces the design of ostheer as a combined arms army.

Not to mention that the changes to OKW have forced them to rely more on raketenwerfers for early AT, as well as using jagdpanzer4s and pumas for mid game AT power due to the indirect weakening of the panther. OKW is now a faction which feels the weakness of its early game, and thus is forced into making tough decisions (like AI/AT muni upgrades). T4 is now a luxury tier, that is purchased late game, or to capitalize on an early game lead. OKW feels the wiping of their squads much more keenly now, as obers and volks are a lot more expensive to replace. I believe these are all good changes.

The USF is undoubtedly the winners of this patch. The buff to Jacksons have given the USF access to the heavy AT option they so desperatly need, and the change of the damage to 200 has turned it into a very potent vehicle vs. heavies, and a less hard counter to ostheer t3. P4s now take longer to kill with a jackson than with an SU85. The buffing of the M3 mortar HT has given USF an early indirect fire support vehicle to help push back OKW fortifications, at the cost of slowing down your first sherman. Unfortunatly, USF is still powerful early game, and has the edge in the early game vs. ostheer due to the coupling of both factions' designs.

The soviets were not changed a lot in this patch. The change to the PTRS is the biggest change, and it was a very good decision, so that guards are now able to fight other elite infantry at long range cost effectively. Unfortunatly, because the guards' PTRS and the conscript PTRS is the same, this buff has made conscript PTRS upgrade quite powerful, due to the cheap infantry squad that gets the upgrade, it allows conscripts to negate light armor and destroy infantry at close ranges. The other big change to soviets was the ninja buff to the 82mm mortar, which has made it the most powerful non-doctrinal mortar in the game. It most definitely needs to be toned down, as it currently has half the scatter it used to.

Speaking from a 1v1 perspective, OKW is now more in line with the base factions, and in fact requires a better mind in terms of strategic planning to make the most of their powerful veterancy system. Ostheer has more choices through their opening, and is able to rely much more on their support weapons as they were designed to, and can also rely on their t3 units, though they still have troubles vs. USF early game. USF has a more potent late game, and is a viable faction now for higher game modes. Soviets have a long range infantry squad that can do its job as an elite defensive unit, and can hold the line more efficiently vs. late game german assaults.

These are of course just my initial conclusions after playing at least 4 1v1s with each faction, combined with my experiences from several 2v2s, which I believe transitions well into the 2v2 scene.
2 Apr 2015, 07:46 AM

This is how a true strategist speaks. Hehe. I mostly agree and I encourage everyone to follow a similar approach to this big patch and the new meta. Play around with the new faction balance as much as you can, and try to find conclusions - instead of creating a PTRS-OP thread, lulz... :D

Ninja-Sov-82mm-buff: What exactly has been buffed? Only 50% scatter O_O?
2 Apr 2015, 07:50 AM

The game is a lot better now during all times compared to pre-patched. The buffs to the MG42, the 221/222, and the ostheer sniper, have all come together to give Ostheer a lot more viable options to play through the early game.

Not to mention that the changes to OKW have forced them to rely more on raketenwerfers for early AT, as well as using jagdpanzer4s and pumas for mid game AT power due to the indirect weakening of the panther. OKW is now a faction which feels the weakness of its early game, and thus is forced into making tough decisions (like AI/AT muni upgrades). T4 is now a luxury tier, that is purchased late game, or to capitalize on an early game lead. OKW feels the wiping of their squads much more keenly now, as obers and volks are a lot more expensive to replace. I believe these are all good changes.

The USF is undoubtedly the winners of this patch. The buff to Jacksons have given the USF access to the heavy AT option they so desperatly need, and the change of the damage to 200 has turned it into a very potent vehicle vs. heavies, and a less hard counter to ostheer t3. P4s now take longer to kill with a jackson than with an SU85. The buffing of the M3 mortar HT has given USF an early indirect fire support vehicle to help push back OKW fortifications, at the cost of slowing down your first sherman. Unfortunatly, USF is still powerful early game, and has the edge in the early game vs. ostheer due to the coupling of both factions' designs.

The soviets were not changed a lot in this patch. The change to the PTRS is the biggest change, and it was a very good decision, so that guards are now able to fight other elite infantry at long range cost effectively. Unfortunatly, because the guards' PTRS and the conscript PTRS is the same, this buff has made conscript PTRS upgrade quite powerful, due to the cheap infantry squad that gets the upgrade, it allows conscripts to negate light armor and destroy infantry at close ranges. The other big change to soviets was the ninja buff to the 82mm mortar, which has made it the most powerful non-doctrinal mortar in the game. It most definitely needs to be toned down, as it currently has half the scatter it used to.

Speaking from a 1v1 perspective, OKW is now more in line with the base factions, and in fact requires a better mind in terms of strategic planning to make the most of their powerful veterancy system. Ostheer has more choices through their opening, and is able to rely much more on their support weapons as they were designed to, and can also rely on their t3 units, though they still have troubles vs. USF early game. USF has a more potent late game, and is a viable faction now for higher game modes. Soviets have a long range infantry squad that can do its job as an elite defensive unit, and can hold the line more efficiently vs. late game german assaults.

These are of course just my initial conclusions after playing at least 4 1v1s with each faction, and several 2v2s, which I believe transitions well into the 2v2 scene.

Well put. Nothing more can be added. :thumbsup:
2 Apr 2015, 09:23 AM

And what did you expect? :nahnah:

I told you guys you will come back here again and cry "OKW OP!". You were hasty in your joy.

Allied versions of you doesn't really count.
2 Apr 2015, 09:43 AM

According to Cruzz on some chat the Soviet Mortar was not actually ninja buffed, the guy who said that apparently misread (if you compare to the changes in the change log, the changes described for the Soviet Mortar are identical to those done to the USF Mortar Halftrack).
2 Apr 2015, 11:13 AM

Allied versions of you doesn't really count.

Carefull, you will lose your fan base.
2 Apr 2015, 18:00 PM

axis is still easier to play, OKW is not overnerfed
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 54
unknown 23
Germany 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W