Login

russian armor

OKW players ELO adjusted - 31.03.2015 patch notes.

31 Mar 2015, 09:15 AM

Can someone please explain what does it mean?
31 Mar 2015, 09:21 AM

Say average players of equal skill play USF, Sov, OKW and Wehr.

Their average ELO is 1500, except OKW player, who have 1800 inflated ELO because of the overperforming OKW units.

The adjustment would mean that 1800 inflated elo player would be dragged down to the level of equally skilled platyers after the changes.

In short: high rank scrub will not fight good players, but will be put against other scrubs as the ELO inflation is no more instead of letting them drop manually by loosing.

This is how I understand it.
31 Mar 2015, 09:41 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 09:21 AMKatitof

Their average ELO is 1500, except OKW player, who have 1800 inflated ELO because of the overperforming OKW units.

The adjustment would mean that 1800 inflated elo player would be dragged down to the level of equally skilled platyers after the changes.

In short: high rank scrub will not fight good players, but will be put against other scrubs as the ELO inflation is no more instead of letting them drop manually by loosing.

Where do do you get these ELO data ? From your mind?
31 Mar 2015, 09:51 AM

I think they just mean they are going to flat nerf OKW because their ELO ranking are apparently better than other factions indicating OKW being too powerful, at least that is how I understood it.
31 Mar 2015, 10:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 09:51 AMgokkel
I think they just mean they are going to flat nerf OKW because their ELO ranking are apparently better than other factions indicating OKW being too powerful, at least that is how I understood it.
This was the impression I got. I think it's just their politically correct way of saying OKW is OP.
31 Mar 2015, 10:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 09:41 AMjesulin

Where do do you get these ELO data ? From your mind?

That was just an example to better picture the situation, don't hold on the numbers as they are nothing more then example.
The rest is based on my knowledge on how ELO works in multiple games.
I just don't know what they will do with the inflated ELO as you can't really just "cut it" from the game.
31 Mar 2015, 11:04 AM

This is another "word" to say that OKW has been overperforming.
31 Mar 2015, 11:52 AM

This is another "word" to say that OKW has been overperforming.

Don't be to hasty. Reading the patch notes with more attention, I think that there is a chance for you and others to feel the forums again with "OKW still OP" tears in one week mark.
31 Mar 2015, 11:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 11:52 AMJohnnyB

Don't be to hasty. Reading the patch notes with more attention, I think that there is a chance for you and others to feel the forums again with "OKW still OP" tears in one week mark.

That will happen for sure, but what has been done and what Relic intended to do can be two different things.
31 Mar 2015, 12:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge

The way I understand that is:

OKW players have a higher ELO than in other factions; because ELO is based upon wins and OKW players who play a lot get a lot of wins because of the nature of the faction

Hence their ELO is inflated

I observe this after playing OKW a lot in 4v4 and watching my rank go up because I get streaks of +8 or so. So in fact getting high rank in OKW is a matter of playing lots of games rather than actually being good.

What this will mean is that post-patch OKW will have a more normal distribution of wins and losses, but as an effect of that everyone whose ELO became inflated will suddenly find themselves playing above their skill level without the advantages they've had up to now and they'll start losing streaks.

In a period of weeks to months this will even out as people find their natural skill level.

In the meantime expect much QQing about OKW are nerfed to the point of uselessness from people who rode on the coattails of a broken faction to levels they didn't actually merit

31 Mar 2015, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 11:52 AMJohnnyB

Im not hasty about anything. I just said this sentence is another way to express the same thing.

31 Mar 2015, 12:28 PM

So are the USF players who have far more wins than OKW players in 1v1 going to have their ELO adjusted now?
31 Mar 2015, 12:36 PM

So are the USF players who have far more wins than OKW players in 1v1 going to have their ELO adjusted now?

I didn't see anywhere relic saying that USF was ever OP.

However you have quotes in this as well as previous patch notes confirming that axis and OKW are much easier to play/OP in comparison to allies so, thats your answer.

Rewording for personalized version:
Just because you're bad doesn't mean opponents army is op, however that is the kind of perception you can have as it originates from the lack of your own, personal skill.

@thread

I suspect this patch is the closest one so far to what we had right before WFA release.

Lets hope another one will address more underused units.
31 Mar 2015, 12:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 12:36 PMKatitof

I didn't see anywhere relic saying that USF was ever OP.

However you have quotes in this as well as previous patch notes confirming that axis and OKW are much easier to play/OP in comparison to allies so, thats your answer.

Rewording for personalized version:
Just because you're bad doesn't mean opponents army is op, however that is the kind of perception you can have as it originates from the lack of your own, personal skill.

@thread

I suspect this patch is the closest one so far to what we had right before WFA release.

Lets hope another one will address more underused units.

If the logic is that a certain faction has to high of a win rate compared to the others, then USF is obviously very OP by Relic's own logic.
31 Mar 2015, 12:56 PM

If the logic is that a certain faction has to high of a win rate compared to the others, then USF is obviously very OP by Relic's own logic.

And you have that data compiled in readable form for meaningful player poll to present to us like Legends did, where it clearly was seen that OKW was top and op while USF being rock bottom next to ost or, just like other warriors you believe top 10 is indicator of anything other then 10 players having highest elo for the faction?
31 Mar 2015, 16:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I guess this goes mainly for those playing random 3v3+ OKW.
31 Mar 2015, 16:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 12:56 PMKatitof

And you have that data compiled in readable form for meaningful player poll to present to us like Legends did, where it clearly was seen that OKW was top and op while USF being rock bottom next to ost or, just like other warriors you believe top 10 is indicator of anything other then 10 players having highest elo for the faction?

Calm down, take a breath, and look down the ladder farther than the top 10. USF is quite good in 1v1, especially thanks to the fact it's almost a extremely good chance to win for them on several maps VS Ostheer.

I guess this goes mainly for those playing random 3v3+ OKW.

Yep, OKW win rates are the highest only among 3's and 4's.
31 Mar 2015, 16:43 PM

Calm down, take a breath, and look down the ladder farther than the top 10. USF is quite good in 1v1, especially thanks to the fact it's almost a extremely good chance to win for them on several maps VS Ostheer.

So that means no and you base it exclusively on your imagination and assumptions.
Unless you have a hard data to prove your point, its nothing.
1 Apr 2015, 04:22 AM

Permanently Banned
OKW was soo op

That ELo has been adjusted

Slap in the face to all the OKW buttboy defenders
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %