Login

russian armor

Patch March 31st changelog

PAGES (29)down
30 Mar 2015, 23:37 PM

Whats in the patch is mostly good. Not everything though (for example: why the KT nerf?). But I'm sad that the call-in meta has still not been addressed. Still going to see Shock Rifle / Guards motor vs Mech assault every game.

I expected more after such a long wait.
30 Mar 2015, 23:38 PM

If you were able to keep them alive, the 222 and the Wehr Sniper were really good against US. Their increased survivability will pay off for clever Ost players.

The KT is non-doctrinal and still has a FU gun.

Also Alex, did you miss the part where Ost T3 will be more viable against Jacksons, and that the canister shot won't 1-shot everything in sight?
30 Mar 2015, 23:40 PM

Why the hell is the KT going to have almost double the cost of an IS2 while having the exact same armor as it.

And what's with the lack of changes to Ostheer? USF are going to be even better versus them now.

Still has higher health and damage. The armor was pretty ridiculous considering what allies actually have in terms of AT.
30 Mar 2015, 23:42 PM

Why the hell is the KT going to have almost double the cost of an IS2 while having the exact same armor as it.

And what's with the lack of changes to Ostheer? USF are going to be even better versus them now.

It doesn't cost double that of the IS2 for starters. It performs for the fuel cost stated in the game, like every other OKW unit. It also has better HP and a better weapon profile than the IS2.

This patch seems pretty underwhelming given the delay and there are plenty of units that need to be modified that haven't been touched.
Neo
30 Mar 2015, 23:43 PM

Great notes. Where's the other half? You must have hidden it for April Fool's, right Lelic?

Also: "USA, USA, USA!"

Still has higher health and damage. The armor was pretty ridiculous considering what allies actually have in terms of AT.

The KT had the stats it did because it's the most expensive tank in the game. If your going to fuck around with it why not do it when you fix all the heavy call in tanks?

The KT is also much much slower than a IS2 and much easier to hit, it's not at all unreasonable to expect such an expensive and rare tank to be able to bounce shots.

Also Alex, did you miss the part where Ost T3 will be more viable against Jacksons, and that the canister shot won't 1-shot everything in sight?

Yeah the reduced the Jacksons damage by only 40, big whoop. It will still annihilate PIV's and now it will smash Panthers now to. They canister shot fix is nice tho...

RIP B4, may you fly high again with your new role as the allied Pak43. I suppose we'll have plenty of munitions to spam FMR now.

The Volk/Shrek changes are missing one crucial thing. AT damage like shreks still grant obscene veterancy points per hit. This ignores the real problem which is Volks getting Vet 5 extremely quickly with a couple shrek shots. In fact, I think in some ways having the new 30% cooldown and 30% reload bonuses is more powerful. That significantly boosts their tank-raping power far beyond what it was before the patch.

30 Mar 2015, 23:44 PM

Some nice changes, enough to bring me back and play around a wee bit. But not to be that guy...but...without a lead balance designer, no changes to the call ins play or a great many changes in reality, for how long this patch has being due, color me a bit disappointed on 1st viewing.
Neo

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 23:38 PMboc120

Jacksons got a straight up buff and since there is no change to call-in meta, you'd be insane to tech as Ost. No change there.
Donator 11

Throwing AT nades/ Panzerfaust through buildings is no bug?
Whats about the warspoils - not mentioned.
KT nerf... lets see how it feels ingame (IS2 is now very lethal for its cost)
Obersoldaten nerf - great decision but not sure if they are still good enough against paratroopers or rifles with bar.
My personal highlight is the Anti-Blob buff

New maps are great though

I look forward to test it ingame.
30 Mar 2015, 23:45 PM

I'm surprised no one is talking about the new mortar suppression. That has to be the biggest change to the game. Hope it's a good one.

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 23:42 PMCrysack

It doesn't cost double that of the IS2 for starters. It performs for the fuel cost stated in the game, like every other OKW unit. It also has better HP and a better weapon profile than the IS2.

This patch seems pretty underwhelming given the delay and there are plenty of units that need to be modified that haven't been touched.

40+80+260 = 380. That's the cost of 1.6 IS2's.
Donator 33

No change that I could not agree with. Decent patch.

I still think that it's...not enough. Relic reduced shreck accuracy, changed Volks vet 5, made Obers LMGs less lethal (good changes) but this doesn't really change anything gameplay-wise.

The Raketenwerfer might perform better now but will people start using it more frequently? I don't think so. Shrecks on Volks are still a no-brainer and the Raketenwerfer will remain mostly underused due to the lack of Pzfausts, its short range and low durability.

While I would have liked more or larger changes the ones that did go through...

Relic has essentially implemented a number of changes the community (Cruzz) has been suggesting for a long damn time.
30 Mar 2015, 23:46 PM

Thanks for the maps Relic! Not sure about Nerfing the KT while leaving the IS2 untouched.
Now we have to wait for cruzzi!

Like the other changes tough, especially the B4, sniper and demo nerf.
30 Mar 2015, 23:47 PM

How has the STuG E missed the nerf bat?

I have to say, for 6 months "work", this is extremely underwhelming.

I'm also sad that Semoisky has been removed from the 2v2 pool. Had some of my best games on there. Was it really a problem for some players?
30 Mar 2015, 23:49 PM

Notes look interesting and a good base for changes, hopefully tweaks wont take as long to follow and the much needed warspoils change make an appearance.
30 Mar 2015, 23:49 PM

KT Nerf? Eh? With a Jackson Buff? And not halving the Jack damage. Errrrrr. I would prefer the Panther to get it in the balls rather then the KT. But suppose now with Jacks non halved damage and the ability to Pen and without Super Blitz the Panthers teeth should indirectly be dulled a bit.

And no buff to suppression units? Well 70% of what I wanted to see is in there. I am pretty happy. Still want a Stuart buff and the Flampanzerwagen to be viable again. And of course the call in meta.

Over all 4/5 starts on paper. Good Job Relic.
30 Mar 2015, 23:50 PM

Thanks for the maps Relic! Not sure about Nerfing the KT while leaving the IS2 untouched.
Now we have to wait for cruzzi!

Considering the large number of bounces the IS2 currently produces, and the fact that it is being shot by Tanks and AT guns with superior penetration, I suspect the KT will still manage fine unless the Jackson turns out to be OP.
30 Mar 2015, 23:51 PM

dat 1st April joke is real :snfPeter:
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 45
Germany 765
unknown 20
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #