Login

russian armor

Can't understand Relic's strategy: patches and otherwise

30 Mar 2015, 19:12 PM

I am new to these forums but have been playing COH since the orginal and also religiously play the Total War series. The difference between the forums is tremendous. Most notably when it comes into the flow of information from the developer. It seems strange to me that most threads here are filled with speculation due to a lack of information. We don't even have a solid idea of what will be in the patch that will allegedly be released tomorrow. In comparison, patch notes for Total War Atilla were available two weeks prior. Why is this case? And why does Relic talk about a five year plan and big things in 2015 while note even revealing the slightest hint at what to expect... Am I missing something, you build hype and loyalty for a game by keeping the fan base engaged with updates not by letting them wildly speculate and get upset at you.... I was completed the Ardennes campaign twice and was hoping that we would soon be seeing some new commanders, content, maps, or anything... but unless I've missed something, it would seem that Relic would just prefer us to speculate and argue over what's coming, with some of us even speculating that nothing is coming in the near future....
30 Mar 2015, 19:19 PM

I agree 1000% it sucks me off so hard, it would be so nice to know what is coming. But instead the entire community stabs in the dark like litte kids that you won´t to know that Santaclaus is not real.

I really hope something happens to relic like to EA that they realize how hard they suck with this politics :(
30 Mar 2015, 19:22 PM

Well, you see this is all because of Relic...

[We're sorry, but the following content of this post is under NDA, we would love to share it with you, but we can't just yet, however you will know the content of this post sometime in the future and we're extremely excited about its content.

Yours truly,
Relic Team]
30 Mar 2015, 19:23 PM

I would love to see patchnotes even a day before because such thing would let me prepare tactic, analyze changes with cool head instead of jumping into deep pool.
30 Mar 2015, 19:24 PM

It strikes me as just plain silly, if there is new content, let the people know. It helps build excitement, even if not everyone loves it, it will lead to discussion and traffic. The more traffic, the more engaged people are in what happens in the forums, the engaged people are in the forums and ergo, the game, the easier it is to ensure successful dlc, patch deployments, etc... It boggles the mind. If the goal is to alienate the vocal community, frustrate everyone with rampant speculation,and ensure that a game slides into irrelevancy more quickly, then mission accomplished. Successful DLC is the lifeblood of a game's longevity these days. Successful DLC requires engagement as well as strong promotion...
30 Mar 2015, 19:29 PM

Well, such is life. But things are what they are right now. So, mystery.
30 Mar 2015, 19:37 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Here you can see the survivors of the Beta :)

30 Mar 2015, 19:41 PM

I agree 100%,

When SEGA bought Relic I thought this bs would stop, but it looks like they insist on kiling the marketing team and the community hype.

"we are excited bluh bluh blah blah bs"
30 Mar 2015, 19:43 PM

Relic let us every day know that they are "excited" but we never know why. And never will be.
30 Mar 2015, 19:43 PM

I agree 100%,

When SEGA bought Relic I thought this bs would stop, but it looks like they insist on kiling the marketing team and the community hype.

"we are excited bluh bluh blah blah bs"

also got my mouth full of these disappointing and confusing news. You are right with this "we are so excited bla bla" why don´t say "he fu you community we just want to milk your money, we don´t care on you" :)
30 Mar 2015, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 19:43 PMAffe
Relic let us every day know that they are "excited" but we never know why. And never will be.

That's one P.O.'ed gorilla you got there. I can almost see he wants to say why, but NDA.
30 Mar 2015, 19:54 PM

That's one P.O.'ed gorilla you got there. I can almost see he wants to say why, but NDA.
Relic and there fanatic NDA politics = :foreveralone::megusta::loco:
30 Mar 2015, 19:57 PM

It's one thing to want to control the flow of information with NDA, to ensure that only official Relic releases disclose new information. It's another thing entirely to shut off all information flow like some sort of authoritarion regime.
30 Mar 2015, 20:04 PM

This all has been discussed a thousand times.
It is like that and we, the community, have to adapt. This problem exists since vCoH Beta and there is no hope that it will ever change. They are not dumb, they know that we want more information but there is something which prevents them from giving these informations to us.
And we cannot change anything.
Sure, they are self-defeating. But that's their business. They will sooner or later reap what they sow.
30 Mar 2015, 20:13 PM
Donator 11

Relics master plan is "they can't hate the patch if they don't know what's in it."
30 Mar 2015, 20:19 PM

Relics master plan is "they can't hate the patch if they don't know what's in it."
:clap:
30 Mar 2015, 20:21 PM

Yes, You have to install the patch to know what's in the patch... Oh and by the way, there way or may not be major changes to the game. Guess you'll just have to play and see....
30 Mar 2015, 20:34 PM
Donator 11

When you share information with playerbase it tends to build more hype and activity.. just compare starcitizen to coh2. Starcitizen still rolls in millions because they talk to their fanbase.
30 Mar 2015, 20:37 PM

I still don't know why the closed beta community hasn't leaked more. All you need to do is put up an anonymous pastebin and Relic would never be able to tell who did it.
30 Mar 2015, 20:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 20:34 PMspajn
When you share information with playerbase it tends to build more hype and activity.. just compare starcitizen to coh2. Starcitizen still rolls in millions because they talk to their fanbase.

Or TW, where even forum threads are monitored closely by the dev... and *gasp* sometime patches and dlc are even based on fan feedback int he forums
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 42
unknown 39
Germany 15
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L