Login

russian armor

Relic: No Japanese faction in CoH2

30 Mar 2015, 18:40 PM

Good. The strongest and most advanced japanese tank had 25mm frontal armor(Less then a T-70.......) and a tiny 47mm gun which couldnt even penetrate shermans or T-34 tanks.

Japan also had no real anti tank weapons.

They had generally no cool tanks like Tiger, T-34, or anything legendary. There Units would simply be completely boring.

Ist not a surprise that japanese tanks are completely unknown for anyone unlike german tanks like Tiger or Panther.

All the interesting stuff the japs(OMG i said "Japs" i m a terrible racist know. but calling the germans in the game "Krauts" is completely ok i guess for relic) had were on the japs navy. They would simply not fit into CoH2.
30 Mar 2015, 18:41 PM

yea, compare japan industry to USA, and the place where they've fight, Japs for 8 years were fighting in hill and mountains area so they never needed heavier stuff

Which is why a Company of Heroes game based only in the pacific would work, but with Eastern Front and WFA? Nah. Even in 39' the Japanese got their but kicked by the USSR.
30 Mar 2015, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 18:33 PMWygrif
It's definitely a racial slur here in the upper Midwest.

In the game the US and soviet Units calling the Germans "krauts" is this also racistic? Relic have no Problems with it it seems.
30 Mar 2015, 18:46 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

OK.

We will run a poll for approx 24 hours from now. If you do not vote within this time, too late.
30 Mar 2015, 18:56 PM

Which is why a Company of Heroes game based only in the pacific would work, but with Eastern Front and WFA? Nah. Even in 39' the Japanese got their but kicked by the USSR.

lol, Japs beat USSR by then, but casualties were high for japs and they've abandoned idea to attack them
30 Mar 2015, 19:19 PM

Of course they don't have plans for Japan right now. That's like asking if there are plans for a British faction right after the game came out. No one thinks Japanese will be in the next expansion. Japan would only be in a hypothetical fourth expansion of we ever even get there. And I don't think they have any plans at all for what they are going to be doing a year and a half from now.

But no current plans is in no way a confirmation that they will never be in the game.
30 Mar 2015, 19:26 PM

jap is considered a racial slur by some people, other take no offense to it, i just call em bakayaro (hans taught me that). also did you know the black guy in M*A*S*H was named spearchucker? people can be difficult.
30 Mar 2015, 19:36 PM

In Europe (at least where i am from) the word "Jap" means something friendly and "sweet". Its just a shorter and "candy" Version of the longer word japanese.

Japanese = Japs
British = Brits.
Germans = Jerrys/krauts/huns
Americans = Amis
Russians = Russkis

I dont understand where this japs=racistic Comes from.

Dont understand why some People are freaking out because of this.
30 Mar 2015, 19:46 PM

Jap is definitely a slur in America.
30 Mar 2015, 19:50 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 19:46 PMDAKgasm
Jap is definitely a slur in America.

...and not in Brazil.

We have the largest amount of Japanese descent outside of Japan.

30 Mar 2015, 20:11 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 19:50 PMnigo

...and not in Brazil.

We have the largest amount of Japanese descent outside of Japan.

Even Korea or Peru? :unsure:
30 Mar 2015, 20:13 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Even Korea or Peru? :unsure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_diaspora

We have more than 1.6 million. I can say that for sure :D
30 Mar 2015, 20:15 PM

It's a WW2 game, please leave the political correctness bullshit out of it. If anything we need more racial slurs; it makes it more authentic.
30 Mar 2015, 20:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 18:43 PMAffe

In the game the US and soviet Units calling the Germans "krauts" is this also racistic? Relic have no Problems with it it seems.

There's a big difference between units/characters in the game using those words and us (modern people talking on a forum) using those words. I'd say that the first is necessary for an accurate representation of the time period whereas the second is just people being rude.

That said, it is a bit odd to enforce what appears to be an Australian/New Zealand/Canadian/American thing on a global forum.
30 Mar 2015, 20:36 PM

It's a WW2 game, please leave the political correctness bullshit out of it. If anything we need more racial slurs; it makes it more authentic.

If racial slurs were included playing USF would be very uh, awkward. Rampant slurs are not used a large amount in game for the same reason the Swastika isn't, it would raise the rating of the game.
30 Mar 2015, 20:40 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 20:28 PMWygrif

There's a big difference between units/characters in the game using those words and us (modern people talking on a forum) using those words. I'd say that the first is necessary for an accurate representation of the time period whereas the second is just people being rude.

That said, it is a bit odd to enforce what appears to be an Australian/New Zealand/Canadian/American thing on a global forum.

Except your point would not wash, I think, if I wrote certain British Forces colloquial terms of the period wrt to people from the Middle East or thereabouts - which I am not going to.

The name of Guy Gibson's dog is central to this kind of argument, I think: it was the genuine code word for a successful attack on the German dams - it is pretty well all in, or all out. But if you retrospectively apply conventions which are 70 years on, you will get get mired in controversies which simply did not exist at the time .
30 Mar 2015, 20:46 PM

Permanently Banned
It is absoultely not considering the amount of similiar language used in vanilla CoH.
30 Mar 2015, 20:53 PM

Just going to say, when people think WWII, Its the Allies (United States, Briton, Russia) Versus the Axis (Germany, Japan, and Italy)

The Japanese are just as iconic and worthy of a fraction as the constantly remade Germans. The Japanese lasted a year longer than the Germans and had to be subdued by a atomic bomb. They were just as deadly as the Germans.
30 Mar 2015, 21:13 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 20:53 PMUnited
Just going to say, when people think WWII, Its the Allies (United States, Briton, Russia) Versus the Axis (Germany, Japan, and Italy)

The Japanese are just as iconic and worthy of a fraction as the constantly remade Germans. The Japanese lasted a year longer than the Germans and had to be subdued by a atomic bomb. They were just as deadly as the Germans.

In both instances, you are talking about countries infused by a totalitarian commitment to a radical ideology: it was a commitment to which the average Allied volunteer/conscript had little notion. i.e. the idea that your (loss of) life would hold precedence over your way of of life.

I could give you examples,if you need, of SS troops in Normandy, who refused blood transfusions from Allied medical teams, bcs they wanted to die for the Fuehrer. (And their influence on Wehrmacht wounded near them)

It is in the light of this kind of fanaticism, that Allied volunteer armies performed as well as they did. To clarify: in Western Europe, German soldiers (Wehrmacht) outside the SS, were mostly not fanatics; but average Japanese soldiers, whereever they were,, inculcated by the doctrine of Bushido and their general close social bonds: they were in the circumstances, generally fanatic.

And I don't think the Japanese surrendered bcs of the A Bomb - but that is another thread

30 Mar 2015, 21:54 PM
Donator 11

Japs would make a fine addition to the game, but I would prefer a second soviet faction - Soviet Marines.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★