Login

russian armor

USF wishes for patch

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
28 Mar 2015, 00:27 AM

There once was two shopkeepers who owned competing business on the same block. They had competed for thirty years and absolutely hated each other. They would stop at nothing to get ahead of the other one.

One day, the angels in Heaven decided that they needed to teach the shopowners a better way of life. One of them approached one of the shopkeepers and said "I will give you anything you want, but know this - I will give your competitor twice as much as you." The shopkeeper thought for a second and said "Okay, can you give me one blind eye?"
28 Mar 2015, 01:08 AM

Sooo blind the germans? I know it be a kinda good nerf but with stats like the o Obersoldant they still are beastly
28 Mar 2015, 03:23 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2015, 02:08 AMVuther

Paratroopers firing M1911's gangsta-style, Relic pls

I think REForever has come across the new OP USF meta, medic spam!
28 Mar 2015, 04:26 AM

I just hope Guards get buffed so I can blob and skill A move like all the other factions who have non doc long ranged infantry :foreveralone:

In all seriousness though I really hope something is done about all these long ranged infantry blobs running forward and out trading Soviets (not to sound bias or anything).

At least with USF you have the choice to be tactical, either forward aggressive or sit back in cover at times. Soviets dont have that luxury to have good dps at long range :*(
28 Mar 2015, 04:30 AM

I just hope Guards get buffed so I can blob and skill A move like all the other factions who have non doc long ranged infantry :foreveralone:

In all seriousness though I really hope something is done about all these long ranged infantry blobs running forward and out trading Soviets (not to sound bias or anything).

At least with USF you have the choice to be tactical, either forward aggressive or sit back in cover at times. Soviets dont have that luxury to have good dps at long range :*(
Long range upgrades will always be overpowered as long as people can accumulate them. I wish relic would understand this.
28 Mar 2015, 04:39 AM

they have Warhammer40K Terminators AKA Paratroops with 1911's

Dat .45 ACP Yo, Cuz its silly to shoot twice.
28 Mar 2015, 04:40 AM

Long range upgrades will always be overpowered as long as people can accumulate them. I wish relic would understand this.

I just feel so left out of the meta and want to participate :guyokay:
28 Mar 2015, 06:15 AM

Change veterancy for rifles, buff Jackson, nerf howitzer cost, buff survavility of 50 cal crew, buff stuart, buff bazookas and do something with Cpt tier.
28 Mar 2015, 07:42 AM

I wish for nerfs to the American and Rus faction. Right now the Americans stand at a staggering advantage; they have Warhammer40K Terminators AKA Paratroops with 1911's, the Scott howitzer vehicle that single handedly instant kills infantry from long distances, the best tank destroyer in the game as well as better front line infantry than anything the Axis can throw at them.

I just feel the Americans are too good at the moment, and before anyone shouts "Bias!", let me remind everyone that i'm no stranger to the Allied faction; I've played my fair share of the USF and thus I know how they work.

winner of master troll awards 2015
28 Mar 2015, 07:46 AM

Change veterancy for rifles, buff Jackson, nerf howitzer cost, buff survavility of 50 cal crew, buff stuart, buff bazookas and do something with Cpt tier.

240 damage not enough for you? :snfPeter:
28 Mar 2015, 09:32 AM

Now, it is Alex's time to troll.
28 Mar 2015, 10:37 AM

I actually agree with Alex. 240 damage, 60 range is a lot. It totally locks down Ostheer T3. If anything it needs an adjustment, but definitely not a buff.

More penetration, a bit more health and 160 damage should make it a good and reasonable unit.

Atm if used right, it can totally negate any kind of armor in the game.
28 Mar 2015, 11:16 AM

Guys I think as a community we really need to come together and show Relic what needs to be done. How can we expect relic to do anything when we as a community can't even agree on a single thing in terms of balance? You don't think they are having these exact same arguments? We need to have a united front so that they understand the game is in serious need of alterations.

To answer you Alex, can you imagine if you had a sniper who killed 1 entity per shot but had an accuracy of only 50%? Imagine how frustrating it would be to watch him miss over and over (RNG), that's what it's like using the Jackson on panthers etc. It's not fun for anyone, the usf player is thinking ''great I can do some real damage with this'' and then proceeds to bounce 3 times in a row while the axis player is thinking ''my armour will protect me'' and proceeds to get penned 3 times in a row. Roll on the subsequent rage.

What do people think should be done? I believe increasing it's penetration values and decreasing it's damage per shot from 240 to 160 is the solution. That way t3 OST units don't get vaporised in 3 shots and heavier units can't lean on their armour as a crutch to everything.
28 Mar 2015, 11:45 AM

Guys I think as a community we really need to come together and show Relic what needs to be done. How can we expect relic to do anything when we as a community can't even agree on a single thing in terms of balance? You don't think they are having these exact same arguments? We need to have a united front so that they understand the game is in serious need of alterations.

To answer you Alex, can you imagine if you had a sniper who killed 1 entity per shot but had an accuracy of only 50%? Imagine how frustrating it would be to watch him miss over and over (RNG), that's what it's like using the Jackson on panthers etc. It's not fun for anyone, the usf player is thinking ''great I can do some real damage with this'' and then proceeds to bounce 3 times in a row while the axis player is thinking ''my armour will protect me'' and proceeds to get penned 3 times in a row. Roll on the subsequent rage.

What do people think should be done? I believe increasing it's penetration values and decreasing it's damage per shot from 240 to 160 is the solution. That way t3 OST units don't get vaporised in 3 shots and heavier units can't lean on their armour as a crutch to everything.

That seems fine to me, but how high should the penetration value be that USF players will be happy? Put it too high and it is too powerful in comparison to other tank destroyers. Put it too low and people will feel the Jackson got nerfed hard because they lost their damage and still won't penetrate every time.
28 Mar 2015, 12:00 PM

Did I say something about damage? Penetration is shit, armor too.
28 Mar 2015, 12:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2015, 11:45 AMgokkel

That seems fine to me, but how high should the penetration value be that USF players will be happy? Put it too high and it is too powerful in comparison to other tank destroyers. Put it too low and people will feel the Jackson got nerfed hard because they lost their damage and still won't penetrate every time.

Well right now it stands at 200/180/160 and given the fact it is a 60 range tank destroyer with 480hp generally it's the 180/160 values that it will be using against vehicles (you don't want to be close to a panther etc. while shooting). Panther has 320 frontal armour I believe? So right now it has 50-56% chance to pen front armour of panther, similar for tiger (300 frontal armour) and less so for king tiger, jagdtiger. I would add on 40 to each value so 240/220/200 and bring the damage down from 240 to 160. It would need testing and possible tweaks but I think that would be a good middle ground.
28 Mar 2015, 12:49 PM

I would like to see something in the middle. Keep 60 range (cause it's damn fragile), lower DMG to 200 (so it will still remain damage puncher but it will make Ost T3 avaible) and increase penetration to 220/200/180
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS