Login

russian armor

Relic - A Word About Modding: Our Rules and Guidelines

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
26 Mar 2015, 10:51 AM
Honorary Member Badge

There is nothing in there that's unreasonable and plenty of stuff there that is needed and necessary.

If some douche want's to make a mod with swastikas Relic get to take it down because otherwise they are the ones getting trouble

And, that they have asked not to have mods that only provide DLC for free is hardly unexpected.
26 Mar 2015, 10:53 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2015, 02:52 AMInverse
If your in-game economy is so fucked up that you have to resort to some of these measures, you should probably fix that instead of going after the people who are actually adding content and value (free of charge) to your game.

I know you don't like DLC, however using mod tools to give access to paid DLC for free to get around that is a direct attack on an element of their business model and I'm amazed that you think they would tolerate that
26 Mar 2015, 11:58 AM

I also didnt think of this post to be insulting at all, everything they say atleast seems to be reasonable.

But it is weird that they dedicate their time to say something like this and not try to please the community that is on the verge of quitting.
26 Mar 2015, 12:02 PM

But it is weird that they dedicate their time to say something like this and not try to please the community that is on the verge of quitting.

That's the whole point. After months of silence, they post something extremely irrelevant.

26 Mar 2015, 12:41 PM

I also didnt think of this post to be insulting at all, everything they say atleast seems to be reasonable.

I'd say community is quite angry atm, but saying on verge of quitting 5 days before "big balance patch" is inaccurate to say the least.

Moreover, there is always a time to write something about company policy and the intended use of the product they have developed, I mean, its not like a dev or balance teams are writing that down, that is the job of product directors and community managers.
26 Mar 2015, 12:45 PM

Dear Relic,

Please give us tools to allow the creation of new units and a way to import OBJ files into the game, so that we may develop mods that are meaningful.
26 Mar 2015, 13:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2015, 12:41 PMKatitof

I'd say community is quite angry atm, but saying on verge of quitting 5 days before "big balance patch" is inaccurate to say the least.

Moreover, there is always a time to write something about company policy and the intended use of the product they have developed, I mean, its not like a dev or balance teams are writing that down, that is the job of product directors and community managers.

This patch means either keep playing or quit for a good amount of people.
26 Mar 2015, 14:02 PM
Patrion 14

Can confirm.

On the plus side, I had the same sentiment for that April patch 2014, the one that came to fix March Deployment but also introduced a lot of other balancing stuff in it. It was the patch that made t34s viable (on the negative side, it also buffed ISU to godlike levels). But overall it really WAS a monster patch that fixed a lot of stuff about the game. So Relic can deliver quality patches, or could in the past. I certainly hope they do it again.
26 Mar 2015, 14:06 PM

relic really? FailFish

but too be honest, it's not THAT strict.

But this i found funny Kappa
Mods must be free of any bugs, errors, or other operational defects that could materially affect CoH2 or the Company of Heroes community at large.
26 Mar 2015, 14:19 PM

Quit is rather overstatement, more like 'take a break'.
There is no alternative RTS, so people will stick to coh2, even if they will be inactive stalkers, because we simply have nowhere to go, relic unfortunately is the ONLY company that gives two shits about RTS genre.
26 Mar 2015, 14:26 PM

"Mods must be free of any bugs, errors, or other operational defects that could materially affect CoH2 or the Company of Heroes community at large."

You know, just like the base game...

Dat irony though
26 Mar 2015, 14:49 PM
Benefactor 115

Dear Relic,

Please give us tools to allow the creation of new units and a way to import OBJ files into the game, so that we may develop mods that are meaningful.

not happening
26 Mar 2015, 14:58 PM

GG WP Relic.

We've got communication boyz!! :P
26 Mar 2015, 18:09 PM

The person who wrote that have never participated in a two-way conversation with customers.

Really this has to be some of the worst examples of how NOT to communicate with your users.
This is stuff you have in the EULA (that no-one reads.) and then enforce on the down-low. Not some stuff you put up on a blog so everyone can read it.

This part of business is an 'open-secret', you know it is like that, most customers assume it and you enforce it as you please.

Every company that caters to the general public have similar rules, ie "As a customer you have no rights, we make all decisions, don't like it go to another provider." BUT YOU DON'T shove it into peoples faces.

It is just some thing you have that you can refer to if legal issues start coming up, or some asshat is won't take a polite 'No'.

26 Mar 2015, 18:51 PM

There is nothing in there that's unreasonable and plenty of stuff there that is needed and necessary.

If some douche want's to make a mod with swastikas Relic get to take it down because otherwise they are the ones getting trouble

And, that they have asked not to have mods that only provide DLC for free is hardly unexpected.

I would say the "bug-free" thing is pretty unreasonable (it would not be unreasonable to say that you should TRY to make it as bug-free as possible), especially since the base game is such a bugged mess already.
26 Mar 2015, 18:54 PM

I know you don't like DLC, however using mod tools to give access to paid DLC for free to get around that is a direct attack on an element of their business model and I'm amazed that you think they would tolerate that

Being able to use DLC commanders outside of auto match has zero effect on the game, or Relic's profits.
26 Mar 2015, 18:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Being able to use DLC commanders outside of auto match has zero effect on the game, or Relic's profits.

Says you
26 Mar 2015, 19:01 PM

...they are obviously top tier retarded.
26 Mar 2015, 19:19 PM

Says you

hm, if you wanna play all commanders, you could do it with the official beta-version, or am i wrong?

Ontopic:
They really have to change their communication-model, it's not really the way to go with your loyal costumers, i think.
I mean Coh1 did profit until today from it's vital modding scene, hell, they even recruted a former modder ( :snfPeter: ) as a balance-dev, and surely gained some ideas from coh1 mods, which they implemented in coh2. So, why the restrictions?

But what do i know, right? I am just the stupid costumer.
26 Mar 2015, 19:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2015, 19:19 PMWoschte

hm, if you wanna play all commanders, you could do it with the official beta-version, or am i wrong?

This is true
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 26
Peru 6
unknown 8
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W