Login

russian armor

Any tips to help me improve ?

25 Mar 2015, 18:14 PM

Hi,

I was hoping that someone could look at this and give me a few tips on how to improve.

25 Mar 2015, 18:17 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moving to Ostheer strategies.

Someone please help. Replay is up . Thanks.
25 Mar 2015, 18:19 PM

Moving to Ostheer strategies.

Someone please help. Replay is up . Thanks.

Sorry! Is the Strategy Desk just for non army specific questions ?
25 Mar 2015, 18:21 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

np

You are much more likely to obtain helpful advice from those who are interested in certain armies, if the replay is in their section. Hence the move. :)

I think you should receive some advice shortly. Otherwise, I will bump the thread for you :)
25 Mar 2015, 21:02 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Ostheer vs USF is a tough matchup for the Ostheer no matter how good or bad you are.

One of the Ways to minimize this is by picking(or buying...) a Doctrine with a Tiger Tank. Out of all the tiger doctrines Mechanized Assault is the best.

You have 0 docs with a Tiger which puts you a disadvantage,right from the loading screen. You can win without a tiger but its really hard. In a way this is Pay to win,unfortunately..

First things first,CAPPING ORDER. As ostheer,you need to consolidate your units to the section of the map that has:
1 VP to minimize victory point bleed
1 Muni point,
1 Fuel Point,
And your cut off points.
(note on all maps this isnt possible,Semoisky is one of the worst maps for Ostheer,refer to Map veto guide for more info on that)

Send ALL YOUR AVAILABLE forces to this section of the map that has all these things,and try to hold these specific points until you knock out or nullify the light vehicle from lieutenant tier.(which means hold these points for the first 6-7 minutes,and THEN spread out)

Spreading out too early makes it really easy for the USF to pick you apart,since on an individual basis your units are inferior,but together with combined arms they can handle USF units with ease.

Your unit response to the fighting position was appropriate (a mortar). dont walk MGs near fighting positions. just wait for your mortar and hold your fuel and muni.

Because you didnt consolidate your defenses near your supplies,you were easily isolated and picked apart,and your cutoff and fuel was taken. You didnt make an effort to take it back either. Combine your forces like you did in the middle of the map,
around your fuel instead.

at around 13 minutes,if you HAD MECHANIZED ASSAULT,you wouldve been able to squeeze out a STUG E instead of teching and buying a tank. You wouldve MURDERED him if you had a STUG E at this point.

When he shot your Stug through the Hedge he was using Attack Ground. You can shoot through hedges like that and hit units on the other side. You couldve done the same thing to him with your Stug.

By the way the stug was in a horrible position. Put a teller mine on that road to cover that approach instead of wasting a unit there.

Also you're failing to break through because you have no tiger. Get a tiger doc get a tiger doc get a tiger doc

The squad wipes were deserved, you tried to attack a Scott,and 2 shermans with 2 panzershreks and no armor support,what were you expecting? had you given up at that point? again having a tiger would help alot of your problems.

I came to the conclusion that Alot of your problems were from not having a good Tiger doc like mechanized assault.to be honest...you have decent fundamentals,and your micro could be better(you can always improve,we all can :v),but you outplayed this guy this game,and he wasnt very smart. You just lacked the proper late game units to get the job done. (BUY MECHANIZED ASSAULT AND PLAY THE SAME WAY! Youll do fine!)
Plant teller mines on flanks instead of placing actual units there.

I swear im not some marketer from relic. you really need mechanized assault against usf.

BUY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if my analysis was not enough :Mechanized assault Guide

26 Mar 2015, 04:44 AM

Hey Cookiezncreem thanks for taking a look. It saddens my heart to hear that I could of won if only with the correct DLC commander.

I do have a commander with a Tiger so I guess I will use that until the commanders go on sale again or I get it in a drop.

I am disgusted by Relic and Sega's commander DLC route and am very off put by the idea that I need to buy ones to be competitive. If anyone wants to trade for them let me know. Until then I will be doing my best with the ones I get from drops.

Thanks again Cookiezncreem for taking a look.
26 Mar 2015, 04:54 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2015, 04:44 AMWiggin
Hey Cookiezncreem thanks for taking a look. It saddens my heart to hear that I could of won if only with the correct DLC commander.

I do have a commander with a Tiger so I guess I will use that until the commanders go on sale again or I get it in a drop.

I am disgusted by Relic and Sega's commander DLC route and am very off put by the idea that I need to buy ones to be competitive. If anyone wants to trade for them let me know. Until then I will be doing my best with the ones I get from drops.

Thanks again Cookiezncreem for taking a look.

No problem; Again I want to reiterate that i'm not forcing you into DLC,you COULD have won that game WITHOUT a tiger,and you can definitely win without a tiger doctrine,but its extremely difficult,basically masochism,or insanity,to play ostheer without a tiger doctrine these days.

It used to be you could unlock the tiger at Level 45 with Assault Support doctrine,same thing for units like the ISU152. But they changed it to warspoil drops and buying it directly only with WFA. I REALLY want to stress that DLC HELPS A TON,its not an autowin.
9 Apr 2015, 00:34 AM

Hey Cookiezncreem

If you have time can you check out this replay and give me feedback please ?
I have been practicing and someone was nice enough to buy me some commanders.

On a semi related note, why can american rifles rush my guys behind cover with M1 Garands and win the engagement ?

9 Apr 2015, 02:21 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Cap order and priorities was god awful the entire game,im sorry but to get better you have to hear the god honest truth. Its EXTREMELY important that you cap and choose fights properly. Or itll be the same story every game.

. Why would you focus most of your men away from the most important resources? Focus your men near 1 Vp(middle one on this map),1 Muni,1 fuel,and the fuel cutoff,and then harass the closest VP from there so you dont get capped 2-1. Just from your cap order you screw yourself immediately. No reason to go to that side of the map to start with all your most important squads. absoulutely none. ALWAYS focus most of your squads towards your fuel until you do enough damage to focus away. Basically flip what you did this game. Send the pios south,send the grens and MG to defend and capture fuel and munitions.

Otherwise you'll just be outnumbered and out gunned. Like you were.

You basically got forced to retreat 4-5 times in the first 3 minutes...your MG42 arrvies late.....lost hundreds in manpower over a basic territory point in the middle of nowhere that wasnt even connected.

and still had only one fuel point and ur cutoff,which are now WIDE open to attack.

The map is literally a cutoff rainbow during the mid game. Hunker down around your fuel,again,cant stress that enough

221(not even 222) against a stuart?

??
This guy has also lost a ton of infantry but still the map is a flashing rainbow.

No ATG,just moar moar moar infantry and stuff you dont need. why get Pgrenss when theres a stuart out 10 mins into the game?

Calm down,and thinkabout your decisions,that is the key to ostheer against USF.

Another 221,(not 222),but this time 14 min into the game...
IF you cant afford a logically timed vehicle then dont buy any vehicle... Dont be like the AI. a halftrack wouldve done more than an unupgraded scout car. Calm down. Think about it before you do it. You have both taken HUGE losses at this point too,and despite all of this flopping youve done the game is still winnable for you,partly because USF is just throwing squads away by not paying attention.

that engagement at 19;00,Pgrens with shreks+Pak forced off that easy 8 around your base.

Thats how ostheer functions properly. COMBINED ARMS. at a strategic locations,and you can force off frontal assaults easily. Fighting over low value territory only plays in allied hands.. The tradeoff is you may be behind in victory points. and maybe fuel. but you have better AT Guns,Equipment,and COMBINED ARMS. USE your tools!
9 Apr 2015, 19:33 PM

Thanks CookiezNcreem. I appreciate the truth.

So grenadier while equipped with STG44s are not a good choice against infantry ?

I do realize I was overwhelmed by the Stuart and was mentally freaking out about it.

Again thanks for the help.
9 Apr 2015, 20:17 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2015, 19:33 PMWiggin
Thanks CookiezNcreem. I appreciate the truth.

So grenadier while equipped with STG44s are not a good choice against infantry ?

I do realize I was overwhelmed by the Stuart and was mentally freaking out about it.

Again thanks for the help.

They are good but don't buy them when there's a Stuart running around,and you still have no AT gun. Again, think about the big picture
9 Apr 2015, 20:49 PM

They are good but don't buy them when there's a Stuart running around,and you still have no AT gun. Again, think about the big picture

Alright, thanks. I swear my other games aren't that bad =P
28 Apr 2015, 06:30 AM

Played a few 2v2 with a friend. Can someone take a look ?
30 Apr 2015, 22:25 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

In 2v2 pick commanders that complement your teammate. only two of your commanders did.

for soviets I'd recommend a commander medley with IS2,ISU,and 120mms
Only 1 of your commanders aren't overlapping with USF,and its the one you didnt pick. (shock motor with ISU)

You buy an M3 but dont put your penals in it initially.

such early penals arent very good if they arent in M3. Conscripts are much better,get penals early if you're putting them in an M3 or something.

Teammate is really idle down south and is not helping you while they double team north and secure middle.

However after this,one of the OKW players drop for no apparent reason. That makes it hard for me to properly judge your play from that point on out because the AI does wierd things that affect the game too much,

by the way,I prefer 1v1's to review. Not that I wont do 2v2,its just harder to give you tips directly when your teammate is causing some of your problems indirectly,etc.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 97
Netherlands 10
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak