Login

russian armor

American Bunker spam -- how to deal

• This thread is locked
25 Mar 2015, 15:45 PM

How? These things are littered everywhere from the first moments a round begins onward... to top it off they seem to have 360 degree coverage unlike German bunkers. One US bunker on a point will lock it down until its removed. And there's no reliable way to deal with them until vehicles (mid game).

On large 4v4 maps US bunkers are less of a problem because the maps are so large they can be bypassed or isolated (harder for US to support), but 2v2 maps they are OP at times.

-As OKW I've tried using the rocketwerfer AT gun supported by infantry but I've yet had any success. Bunker is always supported with infantry and force a retreat every time.
-By the time you get a vehicle, they will have locked most of the map down and have a Sherman, it's too late, so GG.

-As OST a pak could do it but often you have the same problem, you have larger chance of losing pak usually even if supported.
-Mortar is an option but they have to be close to be accurate and take a really long time to take it down. This method doesn't work.
25 Mar 2015, 16:02 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You suggested the right counters just use them properly. Post a replay
25 Mar 2015, 16:31 PM

They are so weak and can even be killed by small arms fire if I am not mistaken.

Anyway for OKW: raketten/shrek/IG/puma/flaktrack/... basically anything.

For OST: mortars deal really well with it otherwise wait a bit and do it with a Pak/shrekkedpzgrens/...
25 Mar 2015, 17:22 PM

Replay's aren't helpful. Hindsight is 20/20 especially when you can see through fog of war--anyone's replay can be nitpicked apart.

The point is this: A bunker that can both suppress and throw grenades, builds fast, appears at the start of the game and is spammable... is a little BS.

They're effective on any map size but smaller maps it causes issues.
25 Mar 2015, 17:37 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's not about hind sight. how do I know if you aren't just walking your mortar directly into the fighting position MG itself? Or using the wrong barrage(auto fire is better)

I can't help you with the information you presented, which is why I want a replay so I can understand where you're coming from.
and if you don't want help then why post asking for it? You listed the counters and clearly you're doing something horribly wrong, since fighting positions are not free and two of them is 1 less rifle squad to fight...it's also two less RE squads if they're in the position itself...60 muni a position is not cheap, especially that early on..and every faction has access to early bunker positions or buildings..... Just post a replay so people can help you.

Also OP if you really don't want to post a replay for everyone and their mother to "nitpick" you can still upload the file,and PM it to me. Im here to help you brotha
25 Mar 2015, 17:55 PM

Replay's aren't helpful. Hindsight is 20/20 especially when you can see through fog of war--anyone's replay can be nitpicked apart.

The point is this: A bunker that can both suppress and throw grenades, builds fast, appears at the start of the game and is spammable... is a little BS.

They're effective on any map size but smaller maps it causes issues.
Maybe it's not a bunker problem, maybe problem in your skill? Replay will be nice
25 Mar 2015, 18:05 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Well if anyone reads through this expecting to see hints on dealing with Fighting positions:

Use attack ground once you know where the position is so you don't inch too close when trying to kill it. Any explosive weapon will make short work of a fighting position. DONT WASTE GRENADES ON IT!
Use attack ground or autofire with ostheer mortar as its much more accurate than barrage
Avoid it until you Can tech up and counter. it, don't waste men if you cannot take it, or them, out.

Okw Flak half track and puma are both hard counters to an infinite number of fighting positions.
25 Mar 2015, 18:13 PM

Maybe it's not a bunker problem, maybe problem in your skill? Replay will be nice
His point is still valid since you failed to disprove him.

Anyway it can be countered quite easily, GrW34 and Rak43. It does need a MP cost increase however, around 225 MP would be fine. FP spam is a thing indeed.
26 Mar 2015, 05:17 AM

His point is still valid since you failed to disprove him.

Anyway it can be countered quite easily, GrW34 and Rak43. It does need a MP cost increase however, around 225 MP would be fine. FP spam is a thing indeed.

You should look up the meaning of the word "valid" as it applies to arguments.

Turning to the OP's point, fighting positions are not even close to OP. Attacking ground with mortars or racketens works fine. Heck, they're so fragile that you can actually charge your racketen directly into the cone and still win (not that you should.) If you can get a line on it outside of its cone, you can even kill it with small arms. All you have to do is move every once in awhile before the grenade goes off.

Since they are the USF's only real non-doctrinal early answer to buildings and one of the few things that can prevent the USF from being rolled by kubels in the early game, they pretty much have to be as strong as they are. Given the ease with which they can be countered, there is no need for a price increase.
26 Mar 2015, 14:05 PM

OKW: any vehicle bar the kubbel, raketenwerfer, panzershreked volks
Ost: grw43 absolutely wrecks them
31 Mar 2015, 18:29 PM

Ostheer Mortar definitely is the bane of battle positions. I don't understand why you would think they take so long considering the grw43 is regarded as turbo mortar. 20 seconds if you supervise the bombardment twice.

AT guns can also snipe them if given vision. Shrecked volks definitely can.
31 Mar 2015, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2015, 05:17 AMWygrif

Given the ease with which they can be countered, there is no need for a price increase.

They do need a cost increase. Cheap, long range, wide arc and high DPS, all for 125 MP.
m00
31 Mar 2015, 18:58 PM
Donator 11

I consistently destroy US bunkers with mortars, it's insane how fast those things go down to it. I love it when I'm playing Wehrmacht and I see someone spamming those. Just a waste of resources.
1 Apr 2015, 18:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 18:58 PMm00
I consistently destroy US bunkers with mortars, it's insane how fast those things go down to it. I love it when I'm playing Wehrmacht and I see someone spamming those. Just a waste of resources.

Ya, USF fighting position are extremely week compared to the equivalent German bunker that costs the same.
1 Apr 2015, 18:14 PM

<- this guy, yay! ^^

i find the pak creep the most efficient and long term equitable way to deal with FP's; especially with the new pio vision.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 80
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment