Login

russian armor

Why not a 4X4 tournament????

24 Mar 2015, 14:24 PM

Why always 1x1 tournament and not a 4x4 tournament!!!
We wnat some group battle!!
24 Mar 2015, 18:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Because scheduling and organising for 8 people is very difficult to do
24 Mar 2015, 18:48 PM

and also, casting that stuff is really hard, especially if good players are involved. The map is to big to cover all the action, so suddenly things will drastically change, and no one saw it happen! Only few casters can do it, and even then they are done talking for a week after only 1 match :P
24 Mar 2015, 19:23 PM
Donator 11

Because scheduling and organising for 8 people is very difficult to do

and also, casting that stuff is really hard, especially if good players are involved. The map is to big to cover all the action, so suddenly things will drastically change, and no one saw it happen! Only few casters can do it, and even then they are done talking for a week after only 1 match :P

that and that and 4v4s are boring to watch either.
26 Mar 2015, 19:59 PM

4v4 are very entertaining to watch. But casting is another matter, Me and Ashman have tried streaming 4s on a couple of occasions for no particular reason but to see how it is.

Truth is it just doesn't work. There is too much going on at any given moment. It is really hard to try and keep any red thread throughout a game without neglecting at least area of the map.
Casters will interrupt eachother all the time because there are almost always interesting engagements going on.
So you'll either only see half the battle or casters will be jumping all over the place all the time and that is neither fun to watch nor cast.

You need some lulls in the combat in order to expand and talk about strats, units and builds for a cast to be interesting, 1v1 are awesome for this, 2v2s are still good but more than that and it is a clusterfuck.

There used to be a 4v4 ladder that was played but not casted, that however never really worked because there where like 2 teams out of like 12 that made the effort to play games and all the others kinda just waited for someone to challenge them.
Also getting even 2 players to face eachother sometime within a timeperiod is already a pain in the ass, 4 more so. Getting 8... don't get me started.

Id like to see another 4v4 ladder, I had fun in the last one, fuck I'll even host it, but that means a lot of work just nagging people to fucking play their games.
Too many people sign up for tournies/ladders, having the information available from the start and still somehow fail to use that information to get a simple game up.
And that kinda puts you off it.
26 Mar 2015, 20:15 PM

it is too much interesting to watch. That's why there no 4][4
16 Sep 2015, 04:25 AM

watch this video

hope see tournament 4v4
16 Sep 2015, 04:37 AM

There was just League of Heroes.

It also showed how much of a shitshow 4v4 tournaments are, even ignoring just the balance concerns.

Getting 8 nerds on at the same time was impossible, especially when your opponents were in a different country.

Like, half our games ended up being us NA guys getting up stupid early to play games (I mean, 8am isn't early, but playing CoH at 8am when I'd rather do other shit? Please.) while the opponents played in the evening, or vice versa.

Unless you just stick to NA/EU/AS brackets (which then limits the team pool to a stupidly small amount for some regions, since EU is where like half the teams are, and another 40% are mixed timezones) it just becomes a clusterfuck.

And then the casting. Oh the casting. You need a minimum of two people co casting and even then gigantic plays can and do get missed. Impossible solo. Adding a third caster doesn't even help. The only viable way I could see this happening would be some insane production studio that has like 4 different observer feeds and some dude in a booth flipping between the feeds, I mean shit I could go on and on.

Ideally, would love it, realistically its a pain in the ass to do a 4v4 tournament.
16 Sep 2015, 04:58 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

If you want to organize a 4v4 tournament, there are definitely people who will be interested and probably want to help. Don't wait for someone to organize it for you, however.
16 Sep 2015, 09:36 AM

1v1 and 2v2 tournaments are a lot easier to time out and have everyone be able to play at the same time but finding the perfect time to play for all the 8 players might get a little fustrating and having just one player not be able to play from your team would mean that you get disqualifed and that would cause 3 players to get salty over not being able to play in the tournaments

Also for the obvius part the balance issuses in teamgames are insane (This is what i've heard since I don't really play teamgames on top of one or two with friends in a while)

16 Sep 2015, 10:14 AM

Impossible to organise. The amount of no-shows will be fucking high.
WHO
16 Sep 2015, 13:44 PM

I guess the communities are different, but I compete in 10v10 BF4. That's 20 nerds at one time, and potentially 10 different engagements to watch at any time. The ESL grandfinals still had 5,000 people watching on twitch and this was an amateur tournament.

Plus, that G&G cast linked above, was well-done and pretty entertaining. I'm gonna try casting one myself.
16 Sep 2015, 13:53 PM

Blob would be to huge to cast :p
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight