Login

russian armor

Tips needed

24 Mar 2015, 01:21 AM

I've been having difficulties with soviets lately so I would be grateful if someone would have
some tips for me.

This is the last game I had and lost and I am interested what should I have done to make the outcome different.
  •  
24 Mar 2015, 13:18 PM

Wait till evening (GMT)and I will gladly watch it :)
24 Mar 2015, 13:33 PM

Sure, I have the time.
25 Mar 2015, 10:45 AM

OK so let's do it (sorry I could not do it yesterday).

First of all, why did you sacrafice so many resources to get vet 3 mortar? Vet 3 won't provide you homing missles. It would be better to get 2 mortars instead of 1 with vet 3.

You lost vet3 Grens very poorly. T70 can wipe on the retreat so you should faust it first, then retreat.

You were not dealing enough damage with Grens. 6 Grens with G43 and vetted with Elite Troops did 5k dmg vs infantry. Your teammates' 3 Grens did 4,6k dmg and enemy's 6 Cons did 5k as well.
That's why you had 10CPs while everyone else had 13CPs. I belive it's micro issue combined with bad decisions where to push and keeping Grens separeted. 1-2 Grens won't stop 4 Cons.
And that's why Tiger Ace came too late.

You also lost vet 3 mortar very easily. You just left it at the frontline without any help.
You could get additional PzIV instead of vet 3 mortar and Grens.

But the most important thing, you were not prepared for B4. Very bad commander choice. You or your teammate should wait to see what doctrine enemy will choose and choose your own to counter it.
B4 was just raping you.

You used PzIV and Tigers very inefficiently. You lost 2 Tiger and 2 PzIV while you killed only one T70.

There was a moment when IS2 was raping middle VP and it took you a minute to move there Paks. You should do it faster.

Overall, I have a feeling that you did very well in early-mid game but once you got many units, battle was chaotic, many things were happening, you ve lost yourself a bit. To many things, to many places to attack, too many places to react. I belive it is micro issue and you will get over it but you need time.
Also try use hotkeys to move units easier.
25 Mar 2015, 13:38 PM

Yeah I figured taking vet 3 mortar was a bad choice but I was curious how he would work. Wasn't too bad until I lost him like a shmuck.

Second pz4 I know why I lost but first was a surprise because I think this was the first time a fricking cons nade wrecked an engine of pz4 from front. Used to light engine damage but not critical damage.

In the end I just lost the will to fight, I've lost like 2-3 squads in one shots from IS-2 or T-360s before they could even say waffle or throw a schreck.

For B4 issue I am curious how much damage does a stuka diving strike do to that gun?
25 Mar 2015, 13:48 PM

Yeah I figured taking vet 3 mortar was a bad choice but I was curious how he would work. Wasn't too bad until I lost him like a shmuck.

Second pz4 I know why I lost but first was a surprise because I think this was the first time a fricking cons nade wrecked an engine of pz4 from front. Used to light engine damage but not critical damage.

In the end I just lost the will to fight, I've lost like 2-3 squads in one shots from IS-2 or T-360s before they could even say waffle or throw a schreck.

For B4 issue I am curious how much damage does a stuka diving strike do to that gun?

Stuka dive bomb will wreck it.

Your teammate had fragmentation bomb which is useful as well. Of course you won't destroy it, but you will decrew it which means no vet.

One of you could also go for 222. No at nades till 11min or AT gun. Pure paradise for 222 with upgrade. Combine vetted 222 with Jaeger doctrine scope and you have amazing spotter, stuka dive bomb to counter B4 and Elephant to punish IS2.
25 Mar 2015, 14:03 PM

Yeah thats why I asked, I usually take luftwaffe support doctrines but this time I decided to try something new.

I've been seeing more and more IS-2 doctrines going around which make Tigers not so viable anymore so I thought about trying out elefant doctrines again.

The one with stuka,scopes and elefant could be even better for B4 commander aswell.
Does the halftrack mine still immobilize tanks?
25 Mar 2015, 14:07 PM

Yeah thats why I asked, I usually take luftwaffe support doctrines but this time I decided to try something new.

I've been seeing more and more IS-2 doctrines going around which make Tigers not so viable anymore so I thought about trying out elefant doctrines again.

The one with stuka,scopes and elefant could be even better for B4 commander aswell.
Does the halftrack mine still immobilize tanks?

It does.
25 Mar 2015, 14:11 PM

Lovely. Well thanks for tips. Gonna drop here again if I get in a pickle.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★