Login

russian armor

Unit guide for Fallschirmjagers

23 Mar 2015, 22:45 PM

Hey guys, I wrote up a little guide on Fallschirmjagers on my website. I guess I was feeling like wasting an afternoon, there's not a lot of information readily available to the public on units. After playing with them for a few months I feel comfortable with what I've written. You can find the link below-

Fallschirmjager Unit Guide
23 Mar 2015, 23:02 PM

Good job! But i suggest not to pick any weapons to Fallshcrimjägers, because they have good weapons already. Pick up weapons only with volks. Only pick up for falls if you must deny the weapon from your enemy.
23 Mar 2015, 23:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 23:02 PMl4hti
Good job! But i suggest not to pick any weapons to Fallshcrimjägers, because they have good weapons already. Pick up weapons only with volks. Only pick up for falls if you must deny the weapon from your enemy.

Hmm, I should have emphasized that in my guide. Very good point, I should probably re-work that, however I've had success with picking up weapons for denial.
Neo
23 Mar 2015, 23:14 PM

Great write-up, one thing I would adjust is: Panzerfaust does not have 100% penetration, it frequently bounces off KV 8 and IS2.
23 Mar 2015, 23:17 PM

Im not sure did you write, that smoke nade lowers health of infantry? So dont charge through smoke like shocks. Smoke also slows infantry. A good trick is to throw smoke nade to enemy's retreat path. Enemy squad loses it's health, amd becomes an easy pick for falls.
23 Mar 2015, 23:24 PM

I'll make sure to include these in the guide with special thanks at the bottom of my guide. I appreciate the kind words guys.
23 Mar 2015, 23:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 23:17 PMl4hti
Im not sure did you write, that smoke nade lowers health of infantry? So dont charge through smoke like shocks. Smoke also slows infantry. A good trick is to throw smoke nade to enemy's retreat path. Enemy squad loses it's health, amd becomes an easy pick for falls.

Yeah, I mentioned the health, but I did not mention the slow down, will implement that thank you.
25 Mar 2015, 04:30 AM

Fallschirmjagers, for what they offer, are much too expensive. They get eviscerated in a blink. Survivability must be lowest of any other unit in the game.

Also, their DPS feels underwhelming. You cant go toe-to-toe with any other unit in the game.

They are never a wise choice. My experience.
25 Mar 2015, 10:24 AM

They're badly designed. Too much DPS that wipes team weapons with no time to react, too little redeeming qualities compared to Obersoldaten. They should be cheaper but need to upgrade for FG42.
25 Mar 2015, 13:39 PM

Fallschirmjagers, for what they offer, are much too expensive. They get eviscerated in a blink. Survivability must be lowest of any other unit in the game.

Also, their DPS feels underwhelming. You cant go toe-to-toe with any other unit in the game.

They are never a wise choice. My experience.

I have a feeling you aren't playing them right. They are a workhorse with strong dps. They aren't terminators. But at higher vets they are insane meat grinders. You just need to use them wisely, can't just send them out like obersoldaten. I really hope this thread doesn't turn into an opinionated balance thread, all I wanted to do was share a guide on how to use the unit effectively.

25 Mar 2015, 15:28 PM

Appreciate what you did with the guide. I did read it.

"They aren't terminators" No. But they cost Terminator prices for weak performance :(

"They get better with vet" I've never understood the "get better with vet" argument for any unit but especially here because these are far too non-survivable to reliably vet in the first place.

The most interesting thing these troops have going for them is popping out of any structure on the map. This sounds useful in theory but isn't at all in practice. In reality it almost never makes a difference. They have no staying power on the field for one, none. And by the time to use them you had better hope there are no tanks or vehicles for you to run into (you will). And when eventually retreated, they often run through the front lines and get wasted on retreat.

I want these units to be useful really badly. They just aren't.
27 Mar 2015, 15:33 PM

I picked up a shrek with Falls and they vetted to Vet 5 no problem. I think Shrek and LMG 34 should be ok to pick up.
28 Mar 2015, 03:28 AM

As player that has a liking to the Falls, I like to keep them at a distance. As for the anti-tank power, they are poor in that department. Best way to complement them is with a Puma or two squads of volks. Well, that's how I use them.
28 Mar 2015, 05:46 AM

I picked up a shrek with Falls and they vetted to Vet 5 no problem. I think Shrek and LMG 34 should be ok to pick up.

Indeed, I have had success with those combos. I like to use these guys in a support role so having an lmg or shrek fits them in an infantry force neatly. Keep them in green cover on enemy flanks and watch the bodies drop. Don't forget ur Faust! Can be excellent at crippling an enemy armor if it penetrates.
9 Apr 2015, 14:46 PM

I like the guide but I must say unlike you I am a big fan of their smoke granade. It just stirs confusion,makes enemy less durable.

I love to throw those on garissoned buildings since it makes the uncapable to fire outside and it leeches their hp. While they are under smoke jaegers just have to wait for them to come out and mow them down...and if they don't leave the building well...the effect is the same,they can't stay in there for long with 1% of hp pool.
11 Apr 2015, 02:39 AM

They're badly designed. Too much DPS that wipes team weapons with no time to react, too little redeeming qualities compared to Obersoldaten. They should be cheaper but need to upgrade for FG42.

THIS
14 Apr 2015, 16:20 PM
Patrion 310

It's not a bad idea but it wont solve their lack of durability which should be higher as elite infantry.
Only 4 man squad make them to vulnerable (squad wipes) when retreating and vs mines,in-direct fire, flamers, PTRS and any armor with good AOE.
Obers are not even call in elite infantry infantry and they have higher durability with vet than falls.

Imo increase falls squad size to 5 but with reduced dps and price.
14 Apr 2015, 20:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

-You don't want to crew weapons with Elite infantry, due to reinforce cost.

-Falls DPS excels at all ranges, more damage than LMG grens at max range for instance. But they are expensive cannons.
Think about them as PG on steroids. You need meatshields for them that can soak damage.
Just like with PG, you don't need to cross cover. Let them come to you.
22 Apr 2015, 10:09 AM
Patrion 26

Good job man the guide is very useful for new COH2 players
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 63
unknown 14
unknown 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W