Login

russian armor

Command Panther

PAGES (7)down
24 Mar 2015, 14:59 PM

Saying it's to good for it's cost is the same way as asking for a cost increase, which would at least be better than making it only affect your own units.

Again; as others have pointed out in order to be consistent this would require FHQ to not affect allies, the CPIV to not affect allies, the ambulance to not affect allies, ect.

The factions have units in them that work well when paired with the other faction, this is by design and is not unintentional. The C-Panther is a large investment at 200 fuel which means that you won't be facing a Jadgtiger, regular Panther, or a King Tiger for a long time, it's appropriately CP timed and costs 25 more fuel than the regular Panther already.

And OKW call units are either A. Utility infantry or B. extreme late game tanks; the only faction in the game that can avoid teching to it's last tier is Soviets thanks to the way the faction is designed around call ins.

Try playing OKW with only T0 units and see how far you get. You need Mechanized HQ to deal with Soviets/USF early game, and you need Obers and P2/Sturmtiger to deal with blobs mid game. The Panther is necessary to bridge the gap to late game.

Right because the only way to balance an over performing unit is a cost increase.
24 Mar 2015, 15:16 PM

Right because the only way to balance an over performing unit is a cost increase.

Nerfing units tends to make it so they are never used, cost increases just mean they are delayed and the cost efficiency is reduced.

Buffing is much better for everyone, Allies just need some sort of C-Panther equivalent, as Iv suggested before the KV series tanks should come with Commanders :)
24 Mar 2015, 15:28 PM

Permanently Banned
Meh, sherman command tanks
Kv1 command tanks. Russian radios were shit most of the war if not the entire war. Especially in t34 tanks that didn't even use them, and when they did they were usually always full of static so the crews usually didnt use them.
Russia is the only faction I think that would be fine without them. U'S' and britain could use them though, but I don't think even america used em much.
24 Mar 2015, 15:34 PM

Meh, sherman command tanks
Kv1 command tanks. Russian radios were shit most of the war if not the entire war. Especially in t34 tanks that didn't even use them, and when they did they were usually always full of static so the crews usually didnt use them.
Russia is the only faction I think that would be fine without them. U'S' and britain could use them though, but I don't think even america used em much.

I actually got the idea from the Commissar that sticks his head out of the KV2 when it's not in combat.

But T34/85's had crew radios and the KV1 was used as front line command tanks by officers due to it's superior protection.

Personally adding an infantry officer to Soviets would be stupid, them having tank officers would be more interesting and unique even if it was only like the Elite Armored ones that increase sight and call in barrages.
24 Mar 2015, 15:41 PM

Permanently Banned

I actually got the idea from the Commissar that sticks his head out of the KV2 when it's not in combat.

But T34/85's had crew radios and the KV1 was used as front line command tanks by officers due to it's superior protection.

Personally adding an infantry officer to Soviets would be stupid, them having tank officers would be more interesting and unique even if it was only like the Elite Armored ones that increase sight and call in barrages.

As far as 1943-1945 the kv1s armor is nothing that spectacular. Like I said soviet radios were usually pretty bad. I mean they worked, but static really plagued them.

Not saying it can't be put in the game, but what would its bonuses be? I'd hate for it to become a clone of the panzer4 cmd tank.
24 Mar 2015, 15:50 PM

As far as 1943-1945 the kv1s armor is nothing that spectacular. Like I said soviet radios were usually pretty bad. I mean they worked, but static really plagued them.

Not saying it can't be put in the game, but what would its bonuses be? I'd hate for it to become a clone of the panzer4 cmd tank.

Well the KV series tanks are all doctrinal so them getting commanders wouldn't be that OP. I mention a 15% increase to accuracy of all allied units around the tank (so not all in the sector like the CPIV which is stupid) being one suggestion but it would vary depending on the KV variant.

KV1: Bonus to allied infantry and tanks, 15% more accuracy

KV2: Bonus to allied tanks, 20% better acceleration and 10% better ROF

KV8: Bonus to allied infantry, 15% faster movement speed and 10% better ROF.

24 Mar 2015, 15:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Stumrpioniere: OP because massive DPS (only viable in early)
Volksgrenadiere: Op because Panzerschreck (still worst basic infantry weak weak early and if wiped in late game replacement is a more hitting blow)
Kubel: Op because so fast and not counterable.(and melts in the face if a 2+ rifles with bars)
Flak-HT: OP because suppresses (Assloader US HT anyone?)
Puma: OP because outranges everyone(I am sorry wat? If not babysitted all the time its dead in seconds.. About range lets have a talk about a 240dmg alpha jackson....)
Stuka: OP because creeping barrage(its expensive and literally a hit and miss unit)
Luchs: OP because rushed its so OP(1 AT gun shuts it down in the perimeter)
Obers: Op because sniping hmgs(a bit strong I agree - yet the only MP choice for OKW to get rid of maxim spam)
Panther: OP because its so fast(expensive)
King Tiger: OP because unkillable(retardly expensive and ask a wehr player without ferdi how he feels about IS2)

and now Command Panther? lol

So to sum this up players think only Puppchen, JpZ4 leig 18 and IR HT are fine.
basically these are 4 shit units (JPZ4 is good on paper but ingame its often lackluster and against 2 tanks its dead for a whopping 135f rarely viable)
I dont trust much in relic but whoa, I am glad they are in charge instead of the playerbase. smh

Post with "trolling" intentions. Not everything is overpowered, just some things are overperforming or badly designed.
-SP got their profile change. They got their damage nerf for more survivability.
-Volks with shrecks are a needed evil at the moment. Bad design.
-Hmmm someone forgets how Kubeljesus got heavily nerfed? Free toggleable maphack is still an issue IMO.
-Flak OP because of bug (attack move)
-Puma: not OP but considered to have too much survivability. It was basically the hardcounter to all the shit that OKW could thrown during the first months of release. BTW aimed shot used to wipe any building :P Mostly it's fine.
-Luch: having 400hp instead of the normal 320 for a light vehicle while costing way less.

Btw, IR HT OP, cause it bugs out and keeps revealing units when outside it's range :P
24 Mar 2015, 17:37 PM

keep laughing

med truck with shreks and JP counter ever usf vehicle

On long range maps yes, but good luck dealing with the usf lmg spam without obers.
on CC maps you really are going to need a panther.

For the su you always need a panther because of 85's/is2's
24 Mar 2015, 19:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2015, 17:37 PMJaigen

On long range maps yes, but good luck dealing with the usf lmg spam without obers.
on CC maps you really are going to need a panther.

For the su you always need a panther because of 85's/is2's

Good luck dealing with med truck, JP, volks and Falls/Jaegers/ostwind,/mgs

Commander units are real...
24 Mar 2015, 19:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Drive him closer, he wants to hit them with his sword.
24 Mar 2015, 20:56 PM

I think people are missing the point on this thread.

It's not about how "good" CPV is or it's bonuses, rather about how much area buffs scales with bigger modes.

Basically what it has been ask since the release of the game, scale balance according to number of players involved.
Opel Blitz is an example of a change meant to hugely improve 2v2+ games. Bonus to allied units should be lessen the higher amount of players involved.
25 Mar 2015, 05:27 AM

Best doc for not tecking as OKW is elite armour IMO. Jagt with rakketen in building will hold the line until 9 CP. Then you spam Ausf. J's to make up AI power which you will always lack without Obers. Double Spio and kubels for early AI.

Trying to go Spec Ops tier 0 is going to leave you very weak in AI.
25 Mar 2015, 10:22 AM

It's performing fine for it's current price. It would be OP if it had a lower fuel cost (145 for example).
3 Apr 2015, 12:59 PM

panther command commander is meh. Besides the nades & panther call in, nothing really all that great.
3 Apr 2015, 13:09 PM

panther command commander is meh. Besides the nades & panther call in, nothing really all that great.

And reckon that can not be shot down and is cheapest of all and IR StGs that ignore cover and invalidate shocks play.
4 out of 5 abilities are great in the doctrine.
3 Apr 2015, 13:33 PM

And reckon that can not be shot down and is cheapest of all and IR StGs that ignore cover and invalidate shocks play.

Yes it's a great doctrine with very usefull abilities except for that nurfed IR STG carried by those nurfed Obers (remember?). That doesn't sound so attractive anymore.
3 Apr 2015, 18:02 PM

Permanently Banned

Yes it's a great doctrine with very usefull abilities except for that more balanced IR STG carried by those more balanced Obers (remember?). That doesn't sound so attractive anymore.

U mistake nurfed for ballanced

so i fixed it for you
3 Apr 2015, 18:13 PM

With the 25% damage nerf they don't invalidate shocks anymore.
3 Apr 2015, 18:26 PM

U mistake nurfed for ballanced

so i fixed it for you

What ever dude.
3 Apr 2015, 19:07 PM

Permanently Banned

What ever dude.

:snfBarton:
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #