Login

russian armor

Where are the humorous soundbites? Plz bring them back

23 Mar 2015, 17:14 PM

No seriously, where did the humorous non-combat lines go? Seems ambient chatter got removed with WFA. Dear Relic plz bring back the humorous dialogue. If it can be done, plz add unique dialogue for american/german confrontations as well.

For anyone who doesnt' know what I'm talking about: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Funny/CompanyOfHeroes (scroll down to halfway point for Coh2)
23 Mar 2015, 17:37 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

If I am correct, then you are also correct;). I think the ambient chat for SU/Ostheer was removed with WFA.

Happy to be corrected.
23 Mar 2015, 17:43 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 17:14 PMJunaid
No seriously, where did the humorous non-combat lines go? Seems ambient chatter got removed with WFA. Dear Relic plz bring back the humorous dialogue. If it can be done, plz add unique dialogue for american/german confrontations as well.

For anyone who doesnt' know what I'm talking about: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Funny/CompanyOfHeroes (scroll down to halfway point for Coh2)

If you really miss them so much, you can always listen to those voices by yourself, by using the Janne252´s mod tool for it

Just download the 1.6 release and enjoy

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?275083-Tool-COH2-SMF-Player
23 Mar 2015, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 17:43 PMATCF

If you really miss them so much, you can always listen to those voices by yourself, by using the Janne252´s mod tool for it

Just download the 1.6 release and enjoy

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?275083-Tool-COH2-SMF-Player

Its not the same as in game and you know it. Heck, Ost/Su have stopped namecalling each other too, even in combat.
23 Mar 2015, 19:56 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 19:27 PMJunaid
Its not the same as in game and you know it. Heck, Ost/Su have stopped namecalling each other too, even in combat.

Chat filter, you know.
I miss the idle chatter also :(
23 Mar 2015, 22:42 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 19:27 PMJunaid

24 Mar 2015, 13:09 PM
Senior Editor Badge

UP on this.

Someone (alpha illuminatis pls?) needs to talk with Relic about that.
24 Mar 2015, 14:40 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 17:14 PMJunaid

The ones that are on this site are still in the game. At least I belive I've heard most of them recently

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 22:42 PMATCF

On the other hand I remember only few of those and I've been playing since beta. Maybe because I these are completely changed in Polish version and I started to play in English half a year after the release of coh2. Most of them must have been removed by the time. But it's true that the rest was probably removed on wfa lounch. Still these are so funny I would love bringing them back to the game even if that ment americans being shouted at as communists. How hilarious would that be? Kappa
24 Mar 2015, 17:19 PM

There was one line that conscripts used to say, something like "Comrade Stalin would never lie to us", it was very funny,

I also remember engineers saying "Look, look at what they have done to the rodina".

I think Relic lost the files :P
3 Sep 2017, 23:04 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It could be because the idle plan (squad-ai) was removed. In most squad-ai files, they have a entry near the top that specifies the sound directory to use sounds from and the chance of one playing during each phase:

-- sound options

sound =
{
soundDirectory = "Battle_Chatter",
soundPercentage = 30.0,
}

Since none of the multiplayer/skirmish units have a idle plan designated in squad_behavior, this could be the reason why you cant hear idle chatter and what-not. I know for sure its the reason why firefights are nearly silent (voice-wise).
4 Sep 2017, 04:23 AM

Straight from that video:

"My rifle, a pistol, 2 knife, 3 grenades and my dick, I am always well armed"

Grenadier plz
9 Sep 2017, 22:55 PM

pls fix relic!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L