Login

russian armor

Tips on improving OKW vs SU (replay)

23 Mar 2015, 14:57 PM

Hello all. I decided to squeeze in a few OKW rounds this morning when I came across this particular match up. It was incredibly tough, and only exacerbated by the infuriating amount of times I lost my fuel. This soviet player was, imo, on point for most of the game starving me and causing me to stretch my army thin. I'm looking for any tips towards OKW play vs SU when mortar teams come in to play.

If anyone can give me constructive critiques, suggestions, and tips please let me know where I can improve.

Self aware mistakes that I can think of off the top of my head:
Loss of both fuel points repeatedly
Late tier 4 (caused by me losing my fuel point by the base)
Forgetting to set up my FHQ (I had the manpower I should have spent it)
Failure to capitalize on Suppression with MG teams.
Lack of construction with Sturmpios for doctrine (although, this mainly happened due to lack of supplies)
Loss of a volks and fallschirmjager squad that were avoidable had I been paying attention.

I'm sure there are more, but anything you guys can think of that I can add to my gameplay would be great.
And yes, I'm aware of the shite that is the Infantry support gun, but honestly on this map it was worth the gamble for me.

30 Mar 2015, 12:31 PM

Ok.
It was tough only because you let it to be like that.

You lack of multitasking.
There were plenty situation when your 2-3 troops were doing completly nothing for 1-3mins. For example MG in base.

Once retreated you should move your troops to med truck to reinforce there and get heling instead of siting in base.

On the left side you had 2models of Falls. They were stading in the fuel point for about 2mins.
You could easily capture whole left side with them instead of taking corner point and retreat.

As for mortars, falls, jaegers, stuka, luchs are best counters, or Strumtiger but I would not advise ST just to counter 120s.

So like I said, multitasking, it's the thing you need to improve. But no worries, it will come with time :)

Aaa, and don't use 1 squad falls agasint shocks at close range.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★