Login

russian armor

Turn I&R Pathfinders to Snipers?

23 Mar 2015, 10:38 AM

What do you guys think? 2 man squad, higher cost, but they could be a doctrinal Sniper squad that calls in artillery. Would such a thing be interesting for USF?
23 Mar 2015, 10:43 AM

It would be good if they just worked a bit like normal pathfinders. Or had their call-in range increased. The artillery is good, but they have to get up in the face of their enemy to use it, you can't even really use it against flak trucks for this reason.

If they remain as is and the majors arty gets buffed like it should, no one will really bother with these guys.
23 Mar 2015, 10:48 AM

So basically turn them into Soviet Snipers which can call in arty in addition? There are hardly any players that would support this, 2 men snipers squads are bullshit imo. The Ostheer sniper is the only sniper implemented proper into the game - a very fragile unit that can inflict huge damage.
23 Mar 2015, 10:51 AM

It would be good if they just worked a bit like normal pathfinders. Or had their call-in range increased. The artillery is good, but they have to get up in the face of their enemy to use it, you can't even really use it against flak trucks for this reason.

If they remain as is and the majors arty gets buffed like it should, no one will really bother with these guys.

I think Vet 2 should be a range increase and Vet 3 should be a reload time reduction for the artillery.

So basically turn them into Soviet Snipers which can call in arty in addition? There are hardly any players that would support this, 2 men snipers squads are bullshit imo. The Ostheer sniper is the only sniper implemented proper into the game - a very fragile unit that can inflict huge damage.

But USF snipers were mostly marksmen in squads and not solitary assassins. Maybe it could just have a high fire rate, perfect accuracy, but kill in two hits and not one?
23 Mar 2015, 11:25 AM

I'd give them same range as normal pathfinders so they actually have something to offer in combat besides abilities and sight.

They are the only unit in game which is incapable of taking on anything due to 3 men nature.
23 Mar 2015, 11:26 AM

The barrage ability works in the fog of war. I let you imagine how you can come, drop the flares and retreat without being touch.
23 Mar 2015, 12:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 11:26 AMEsxile

The barrage ability works in the fog of war. I let you imagine how you can come, drop the flares and retreat without being touch.

Well, you can do that now if you sneak up from behind LOS blockers.
23 Mar 2015, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 12:36 PMKatitof

Well, you can do that now if you sneak up from behind LOS blockers.

You can't mark ground of arty into the fog of war except with IR pathfinder. And a single smoke nade is enough to create your own LOS blocker. I have finish many trucks with this strat.
23 Mar 2015, 13:19 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I don't like the idea in the OP. I do think the I&R Pathfinders should get the sniper rifles that the Airborne Pathfinders have. For all I know, they are supposed to have them and no one ever gave them the proper attributes.
23 Mar 2015, 14:03 PM

exactly, those two men shit just sucks me off, okay they have some downsides but i don´t know. I would say they suck, the russian snipers.
23 Mar 2015, 15:03 PM
Patrion 14

they are cheap though. 210mp.
23 Mar 2015, 15:54 PM

Would be nice to see these as more than just LOS arty callers. Otherwise their cost should probably come down a little. I like the idea of giving them all Pathfinder snipers and slightly buffing price.
23 Mar 2015, 16:40 PM

maybe raise the price, or have only 1 sniper if you were? they're already a bit of a shaky proposition in any sort of combat as a 3 man team, and you sorta invalidate the AB paths if you marginalize their unique ability. Also, does anyone know their reinforce cost off hand? AB Paths are absurddddd.
23 Mar 2015, 16:57 PM

I don't like the idea in the OP. I do think the I&R Pathfinders should get the sniper rifles that the Airborne Pathfinders have. For all I know, they are supposed to have them and no one ever gave them the proper attributes.

Ding Ding Ding; we have a winner!
23 Mar 2015, 17:08 PM
Patrion 14

they are called intelligence and reconnaissance, so i would much prefer they become much more like a scout unit than snipers. maybe new abilities that reflect that or better cloaking with vet.
23 Mar 2015, 17:09 PM
Patrion 14

Ding Ding Ding; we have a winner!

got any proofs?

23 Mar 2015, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 15:03 PMpigsoup
they are cheap though. 210mp.

I wouldn't call THREE men squad cheap really.
23 Mar 2015, 17:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 17:09 PMpigsoup

got any proofs?

They use paratrooper rifles like Pathfinders, and have 1 special model in the squad with the IR backpack but he uses the same rifle to.

It feels like they just forgot to add the sniper rifles to them, but because they do have Para rifles they do only 3 less DPS than Riflemen lol.
23 Mar 2015, 17:33 PM
Patrion 14

maybe it is because both ir pathfinders and pathfinders were three men squads.
23 Mar 2015, 17:36 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

IRs are RECON and artillery radiomen,

normal pathfinders are more combat oriented.

Give the normal pathfinders a snipe ability and leave IRs alone for the most part.

Edit : a snipe ability like the one from Ardennes assault
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS