Login

russian armor

Tips for helping me improve.

22 Mar 2015, 05:51 AM

So this guy rolls me from the start, I don't understand how it happens. Also I spend munitions on a grenade to quickly win a fight and it does barely anything to a bunched squad, if grenade damage is consistent as I'm told then what the hell...

So glad this guy dropped :D really though soviets are good all game but nothing like US early so why the hell do I get rolled so easily?? [replay]http://www.coh2.org/user/profile/myReplays[/replay]
22 Mar 2015, 06:06 AM

Hi there!

Welcome to the site. If you're willing to wait until the morning; I'd be more than glad to do a replay review.

And a quick unicode tip. You gotta link directly to the singular replay, not your replay page.

and um, excuse my confusion, but I'm presuming you're Wehrmacht, due to the nade?

Again, welcome. :D
22 Mar 2015, 09:17 AM

So this guy rolls me from the start, I don't understand how it happens. Also I spend munitions on a grenade to quickly win a fight and it does barely anything to a bunched squad, if grenade damage is consistent as I'm told then what the hell...

So glad this guy dropped :D really though soviets are good all game but nothing like US early so why the hell do I get rolled so easily?? [replay]http://www.coh2.org/user/profile/myReplays[/replay]

Funnily enough, i played this guy after watching your replay.

Sometimes in coh everything just goes your opponents way. That being said i would suggest the following.

- Wire off green cover near fuel. Cons can be hard to dislodge from green cover.
- Keep first two grens together and close to fuel / cutoff. Ost needs 1 fuel and 1 ammo at start.
- Gren and pio caught out of position and had to retreat, game almost over right there.
- You fought too many battles where you were out numbered.
- Mg forced to retreat. Always have a spotter for mg, don't just order it to just set up somewhere unless you have vision on it and can change position immediately upon seeing opponent.

Not really too much advice to be given due to short replay. It is easy to be completely pushed off on this map as ost, and only though experience will you learn to adjust.
23 Mar 2015, 00:05 AM

Alright, first off apologies for the tardy reply.

skemshead, gives some good feedback. I'll echo that one game is already an incredibly small sample size, and it's difficult to give feedback when it's even smaller, but thank you for sharing none the less. With that said, my analysis will therefore focus on your low level tactics, which were generally fairly solid, not before just a single point on BO: I questioned the mortar. When his scripts are being really mobile and you don't really have the map control, the mortar on the offensive can be difficult to maximize, and delayed not only your first 60 munitions use, which was well invested in the medic bunker, but also, possibly your lmech.

-- I would try to avoid wood structures, especially those without windows, they will leave your troops vulnerable to nades, especailly molotovs, and the like, sometimes only provide yellow cover + an accuracy modifier and they kill off any DPS provided due to a lack of firing points.

-- Beware of the ambient fire, a couple times you looked too anxious to return to cover and units would take damage from molotovs even though you did well to avoid the initial pop.

-- The pio squad as a combat squad leaves a lot to be desired unless you decide to upgrade to a flamer. I think it would of been a more effective use, trying to harass his flank, this gives you a bit of width and relieves some pressure, and shifts your opponents focus when he has to chase down an annoying pio squad.

So really, I think your overall play was fairly solid, especially around 9:31 when you started to gain some traction and harass, I would personally focus more on your use of support teams, they can be really fragile and in this current patch can't really fight on their own too too efficiently. A good rule of thumb is to keep them behind your mainline combat infantry, it makes them tougher to utilize but they'll provide a lot of pressure, and give you some breathing room to advance, you won't have to worry as much about getting routed from the field and losing more crucial map control. In my mind, your main struggles came when your HMG was in the front, it created holes in your line and conscripts swarmed and flanked your squads, ruining their efficiency. It was around 9:31 when you started to form up and attack with a lot of purpose as a cohesive unit. It might be worth considering in the future to look at this engagement and how you advanced here, getting out of cover and more importantly, by utilizing directional cover you managed to deny the scripts their heavy cover and with focus fire, managed to uproot them, a very good micro maneouver.

Just allow me to close speaking a moment about frustrations. Kholodny east is really a tough start, especially for the Wehrmacht, it can be a really tough fight already, I wouldn't get too flustered over it, but that frustration? It effects your confidence and focus a lot, especially when something doesn't go your way due to the RNG or what not, the pio fight in the north, rifle nade etc. but, that frustration is going to really cloud your judgement and affect your decision making process, like I wonder: I feel like your original plan was to use the pio squad to harass the north flank, it lost a fight that yeah it probably wins 90% of the time, so in your frustration you never went back to that option, which, rationally is still probably the most efficient use of the unit. In a game where micro and overall strategy isn't very taxing, low level tactical decision making, is going to be where games are won and lost. Personally I'd try harder to keep that in check, rather than have it spill over into the chat.

Thank you for sharing, I hope this feedback may help you and anyone who watches.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★