Login

russian armor

warming up before playing and increasing APM

21 Mar 2015, 23:12 PM

Permanently Banned
Does anyone warm up there before playing a game? I am always playing terrible in my first hour. I feel slow and cannot follow the game until my brain get used to it. (i didnot playd also for a year)

There was a thread somewhere where someone posted a game where you have to click with mouse as fast as possible, maybe it is good for warming up? Or sometimes i feel i should drink a coffee.

And for people with physical activity, i cant even play before doing some sport in the day. I dont know it has something to do with it, but it sucks. :S It feels like i just cant move my arm or my muscles isnot warmed up or something. ( i am serious)
21 Mar 2015, 23:24 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Does anyone warm up there before playing a game? I am always playing terrible in my first hour. I feel slow and cannot follow the game until my brain get used to it. (i didnot playd also for a year)

There was a thread somewhere where someone posted a game where you have to click with mouse as fast as possible, maybe it is good for warming up? Or sometimes i feel i should drink a coffee.

And for people with physical activity, i cant even play before doing some sport in the day. I dont know it has something to do with it, but it sucks. :S It feels like i just cant move my arm or my muscles isnot warmed up or something. ( i am serious)

I usually play Random 2v2,3v3,or 4v4 before playing a 1v1.
Or I play a Custom game.
Or I play another WWII game.
I also did jumping jacks and yoga stretches before my game in last tournament, srs.
21 Mar 2015, 23:28 PM

Permanently Banned
some people just doing multiple move commands in the beginning of the game(,or later) to get more speed later, it is very common
21 Mar 2015, 23:45 PM

Play a random 2v2.
You don't play these and expect to win, you play these to train, try different shit and generally have fun. Wins are secondary objective while playing with randoms.
21 Mar 2015, 23:50 PM

Randoms are excellent for testing how hard you can carry.
21 Mar 2015, 23:54 PM

Permanently Banned
i am more like an 1v1 player, i dont play random if i dont have to, but 2v2 random,AT is fun for sure.

but skipping time is affect your performance and first games of the day. Like Jesulin's stream yesterday, he just kept loosing units,tanks in the first games.
22 Mar 2015, 08:08 AM

And just a reminder, CoH is not an APM game like SC. Although you need good microing abilities, APM is not the determinant factor.

You can even play a compstomp and leave half way through if you don't feel like playing a Randumbs.
22 Mar 2015, 11:03 AM

Permanently Banned
actually it is, not as much as starcraft, but you need a big apm in higher levels(not the current one lmao). You would never lose a single squad,tanks, get killed by a grenade ,get flanked etc if you have a high apm, and that wins the game for you.

But lots of people in top200 dont get it, and the games mostly about who have better BO, counter to the others. This is why the coh2 competetive scene is so low than Coh1s.

( for some if you want to learn, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP-Sm9QkdHo )
22 Mar 2015, 11:25 AM

I find actually competing at a high level to be really exhausting. I'll do prep work, reading, writing visualization and not quite meditation but trying to find some calm before jumping in. I usually start strong and by my 5th game, especially depending on how the previous have gone, ill usually start to notice my decision making process start to wane and get cloudier or certainly at least more questionable upon review. that's what I mean by mindset prep I guess coming in with plans and being able to make the most efficient decisions, whilst being cognicent of both you and your opponents rationale, and having the ability to execute those decisions will allow you t'go far.
22 Mar 2015, 11:33 AM

Hey i have the same problem without a proper warm up i cant win a single game.
But i cant really agree with you on the "top 200 just BO" because its all about making the right decisions and properly using cover,and furthermore knowing your opponents next moves.
22 Mar 2015, 13:11 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Watching a replay at double-speed makes the game look like it's in slow-motion afterwards :D
22 Mar 2015, 16:38 PM
Patrion 14

i sometime shake on my first game of the day. tis weird.
22 Mar 2015, 16:56 PM
Coder Red Badge

The best technique I've found is to maintain a constant APM throughout the entire game, even when it's not necessary. It's much easier to react quickly to unexpected situations when playing quickly is natural and not just something you do occasionally.
22 Mar 2015, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2015, 16:56 PMInverse
The best technique I've found is to maintain a constant APM throughout the entire game, even when it's not necessary. It's much easier to react quickly to unexpected situations when playing quickly is natural and not just something you do occasionally.

It's good to keep your units moving around anyway to avoid people figuring out were your unit clusters are and bombarding them.

When I want to keep my APM I just begin to entrench quickly and move my units around between covers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★