Would you welcome this feature?
Option Distribution Votes
79%
21%
Total votes: 14
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
21 Mar 2015, 17:16 PM

Permanently Banned
I wonder if relic thinking to implement something like this.

The thing is you can vote for maps in workshop maybe, and those get into map rotation.(mostly 1vs1s)

You would get more vetos for 1v1 and if the map is good and balanced it could be in the standart map pool, or exchange one map from it etc.

Like in the operation there would be a Sturzdolf - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=408007982 ,and it would change the shitty Kholodny Ferma, not because i hate Kholodny Ferma, but also Kholodny has zero eye candy on it. (it may be balanced, but it has zero decoration on it, there are a few wrecks but sure the fences are not harmed.. -Relic logic )

what do you think?

edit1:

TL,DR: relic adds maps what can be vetoed(you get +vetos), if people like it ,balanced etc it keeps in the pool
21 Mar 2015, 17:32 PM
Patrion 14

with vetoes, i guess.

but most of the maps that have high ratings are mostly bridge choke-me-to-death point maps with zero competitiveness.

so who knows.
21 Mar 2015, 17:47 PM

Permanently Banned
It isnot how it works.

Relic picks maybe 30 map, and only 5 will be in the pool. So not the first 30 Sheldt and his mates can be voted..

without operation, but we basically have only "active duty map pool"( the ticked ones, the balanced ones)

with operation

21 Mar 2015, 17:51 PM
Patrion 14

now, i do play cs go and know about the operation map adding system, but do not know exactly how they get picked.

so am i correct in saying that community is the one deciding what maps get into the pool? if that is the case, good luck with that. most ppl who even glimpse at workshop maps are casual players who aren't looking for competitiveness most of the time.
21 Mar 2015, 17:56 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2015, 17:51 PMpigsoup
now, i do play cs go and know about the operation map adding system, but do not know exactly how they get picked.

so am i correct in saying that community is the one deciding what maps get into the pool? if that is the case, good luck with that. most ppl who even glimpse at workshop maps are casual players who aren't looking for competitiveness most of the time.

volvo doesnot pick maps like that. Then operations map would be 1v1 aim maps, coop maps etc..

and also there is a map in the active duty pool which was operation map, de_cache.
21 Mar 2015, 18:21 PM
Patrion 14

so who picks the maps?

relic or community who actually try workshop maps? gotta be one of those two right?

i have very little faith in both of them in terms of choosing good competitive maps.
21 Mar 2015, 18:29 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2015, 18:21 PMpigsoup
so who picks the maps?

relic or community who actually try workshop maps? gotta be one of those two right?

i have very little faith in both of them in terms of choosing good competitive maps.

both i think, example:
like relic watches the first 200 maps, they go past the bridges,camp, mods, troll etc ones, then you get good maps like by MonolithBacon. Then they pick like 15, which are "balanced", and looks good. Then you can vote for 5..

Basically relic gives us new "balanced" maps what we test(authot patches them in case of bugs), or just simply playing on.

But honestly i dont know.

Btw There was something like this, a mapmaking tournament in CoH1, and you can see the result. Langres is in both coh1,coh2.
21 Mar 2015, 18:47 PM
Coder Red Badge

I wouldn't be surprised if something similar comes with the next patch. There are already strings that heavily suggest a system like that for decals, where community members can submit designs to the workshop and get them included in the game by Relic (called "curated" in the strings). It makes sense to include a similar system for maps.

That said, Relic has been notoriously slow at adding community maps to the game. Whenever we pushed them to do it in CoH1 they always came back telling us about the time they'd need to spend on art and QA, and we were only ever able to get a few in. CoH2 seems to have more resources though, so it could be different.
21 Mar 2015, 18:53 PM

Relic doesn't even QA their own maps so the idea that's whats holding up adding community maps is hilarious.

The most offensive thing about the maps is how ugly and unimaginative they are, there are tons of lighting tools and nice buildings in the files that Relic makes no use of.
21 Mar 2015, 18:59 PM

Permanently Banned
How about we get more vetos
21 Mar 2015, 19:11 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to COH2 Gameplay
21 Mar 2015, 19:24 PM
Patrion 14

to be honest, if relic adds same amount of vetoes as the amount of community maps they add, i cannot see any downside to it.

but again, it is only an "interesting idea" and they just don't give us more vetoes even though we kept asking for more.

adding vielsam to 4v4 map pool without more vetoes is such a slap in the face.
10 Apr 2015, 20:13 PM

Permanently Banned
well, you was right Inverse.

Bad to see that relic isnot giving any shit and just pick some random map from workshop without any testing.

ooor, they just fast take my idea, you know in that case i deserve some % $$ :snfBarton:

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5
Korea, Republic Of 1
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak