Login

russian armor

Jaeger Infantry Doctrine.

19 Mar 2015, 09:36 AM

From another thread:

Actually, you would be suprised. Jaeger infantry is an amazingly underused doctrine. The mg42 + camo is great, and when you upgrade your 3-4 grens with g43s, you can murder infantry that get caught in your suppression field. You need to rely on Paks for AT, but thats not really a problem nowadays with the new TWP.

Additionally, a PGREN with shrecks behind your paks will deal large amounts of alpha damage to enemy armor. To top off the power of the doctrine, you get the borderline OP Stuka CAS loitering strafe to murder enemy vehicles and support teams. It can easily shave quite a bit of health from an IS2 with engine damage or pathing issues.

Im really intrigued by use of this doctrine.

Would you build a muni cache?

Why do G43s in particular murder supressed troops in comparison to LMGs?

Would you normally tech to T3? Or hold the line until T4?
19 Mar 2015, 17:21 PM
Patrion 14

From another thread:

Im really intrigued by use of this doctrine.

Would you build a muni cache?

Why do G43s in particular murder supressed troops in comparison to LMGs?

Would you normally tech to T3? Or hold the line until T4?

Muni cache is quite useful, but it is really up to you. Ost is strapped for MP for most of the game, and I find getting 1-2 fuel caches out ASAP for my first panther to be a necessity.

G43s are preferable to lmgs because the g43 has higher DPS on the move, has higher DPS at its preferred range (close-medium for g43 vs. long for lmg). The G43 supports a more offensive and fluid playstyle, and grens with G43 will beat cons and rifles and most ranges with vet 3.

In terms of why they are more effective vs. suppressed troops, G43s force the enemy to retreat their suppressed units, instead of allowing them to just crawl forward and attempt to throw a molo or crawl out of the suppression field.

T3 over T4 is mainly about personal preference. T3 will allow you to get a P4 out on the field quickly, which will supplement your infantry AI and allow you to deal with shermans on even grounds and scotts for no problem. The problem comes when the IS2 comes out or the jackson arrives. Both of these make microeing the P4 much harder. I find that T4 is the best to tech towards as ost. T3 is hard countered by jacksons, and is not quite cost effective vs. IS2s unless really well microed. A panther is a good match fr the IS2, especially if it has Pak support. It is also easier to manage.
20 Mar 2015, 00:32 AM

Yeah I just dont know how you can afford all those inf upgrades and later stuka strafe without a muni cache.

And if you do, it will exclude use of things like bunkers and mines. I think Werh can really be helped out by things like a MG bunker covering your cut off where its difficult to take out, and S-mines on your fuel. Both allowing your forces to concentrate a little more without being spread by harassment.

21 Mar 2015, 16:19 PM

This is my favourite WH doc, and i play that very often (8 on 10 games). Need replays, advices?
22 Mar 2015, 00:03 AM

Yes please, build orders, advice on how you play, things you aim for and any replays showing the main abilities in good use would be awesome.
22 Mar 2015, 03:02 AM

this doctrine was very good when g43 were a long range weopan, especially vs sniper opening players.
now g43 a fail close range weopan and the cloak damage is now just for 5 secs so no, you shouldent use this doc in a highly competitive game.
It can be good if the cloak could be applied to paks.
24 Mar 2015, 19:42 PM

I have no advices yet, but I trying to make a big guide about this doc. Only i can show you my replays :D Enjoy!
25 Mar 2015, 05:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2015, 19:42 PMFrost
I have no advices yet, but I trying to make a big guide about this doc. Only i can show you my replays :D Enjoy!

Thanks for the replays. I struggle to last until panthers when I try to use this. Would you not recommend for 1v1?
25 Mar 2015, 06:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2015, 19:42 PMFrost

Not sure if I'd include the first game in there but w/e.

Anyway, I'm still not convinced that Jaeger is worth taking over Lightning Warfare. I mean you give up the tiger just to get camo and light arty. Even in those two games the camo didn't really do much despite it costing 30 muni. What are your thoughts on this?
25 Mar 2015, 08:26 AM

The reason in theory I like it, is I prefer panthers to Tigers. So this doc would give me better inf upgrades.

But in reality, if you rely too much on core inf for too long, squad wipes often take their toll on 4 man squads.
6 Apr 2015, 18:08 PM

Since the buff of mg42 did anyone try giving mg42's camo for extra damage (if I remember correctly units gained dmg bonus after first few seconds when they get out of stealth)?

I wonder if it raises their effectiveness.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★