Login

russian armor

RELIC-how about you tell us what is in the march 31 patch!

PAGES (11)down
22 Mar 2015, 17:09 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2015, 16:52 PMInverse
Of course, if you're bored of using the same strategies over and over again, either use different strategies or stop playing the game. But if you're bored of playing against the same strategies over and over again, it's silly to blame the players. It's unreasonable to assume that, in a competitive environment, your opponent will not use the strategy that gives him the best odds of success. If there's only one obviously best strategy, that's a problem with the game, not the players.

You will eventually see people with different strategies once you beat them and advance in the ladder? (4 Grens/Cons/Volks/Rifles, are just basic and most safe starts for any army in the game and i dont consider it as spam) :snfCHVGame:
22 Mar 2015, 17:30 PM
Coder Red Badge

That post made exactly zero sense.
22 Mar 2015, 17:37 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2015, 17:30 PMInverse
That post made exactly zero sense.

Pardon me, basically the point i "tried" to make was that, not everyone play with the same stale META stradegy, well maybe 70% of players do, but people with high ELO ranks surely play with different units than rank 1000 players, right?
22 Mar 2015, 17:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2015, 17:37 PMATCF

Pardon me, basically the point i "tried" to make was that, not everyone play with the same stale META stradegy, well maybe 70% of players do, but people with high ELO ranks surely play with different units than rank 1000 players, right?

Not really, many AT's at least focus on repeatable strategies that use combined arms between the players. In randoms it's a different story, were you mostly need to play by the meta as much as you can.

AT's give you freedom to do unorthodox stuff because you can use allies to support you, and said unorthodox strats can surprise the enemy, but ultimately in randoms you don't have that luxary so you need to play far more formulaic.
22 Mar 2015, 17:50 PM
Benefactor 115

nope, I rarely encountered different strats when I was playing actively. MajorOwnage used to do some interesting but fairly abusive ones but he was easy to dumpster and he was also a racist biggoted cunt. StephennJF was the only interesting player I encountered.
22 Mar 2015, 17:50 PM

Truth is, it gets even more stale in top levels. Since there are only a few "sure win" strategies a person in the top 10 wants to stay there and uses one of those few... Every goddamn time! Low lvl play with people who have no idea is actually more fun if you ask me! :P
22 Mar 2015, 19:54 PM

I tried many times, as OKW, strat without Schwerer, Obers and Panther.
I tried to rely on Fusiliers or Fall and Jadgpanzer or Pz4s.
Well... It's not working like Volks -> Obers -> Panther.
22 Mar 2015, 20:00 PM

why dont you guys chill out and just wait 10 days. If they announced the changes now it would just lead to a barrage of "OMG CHANGES ARE SO OP" posts, even thoug no one has even tried the changes yet. it wouldnt really add much value to the community to receive this information early unless they were announcing something like major new features.

+1. Would like to see the balancing forums closed for 3 days after the patch so people chill the fuck out.
22 Mar 2015, 20:04 PM

The guys who want to really win (and among the top players they are vastly overrepresented, a few notable exceptions notwithstanding) will milk every last ounce out of the meta.
Hux
22 Mar 2015, 20:40 PM
Patrion 14

22 Mar 2015, 20:41 PM

why don't you guys chill out and just wait 10 days. If they announced the changes now it would just lead to a barrage of "OMG CHANGES ARE SO OP" posts, even thoug no one has even tried the changes yet. it wouldn't really add much value to the community to receive this information early unless they were announcing something like major new features.

You're right, but let's take a look at other ways to announce a patch,get people hyped AND keep everyone calm.

One particular example, is Riot Games (LoL). As I remember from a couple of years ago, they release a video prior to the patch, containing some basic information, just for the players to "understand the thought process" of the changes. Instead of just putting the patch list on the forum.

As you said, posting the exact patch note before the actual patch is not good, considering people expect too much from the patch at this point and are expecting a miracle from the Balance Fairy. But they can just mention a few things they have in mind.

For example they can say: "OK, we are aware that the blobbing is an issue-specially when playing against OKW-So expect some changes in the suppression mechanics". OR, "There will be some changes regarding late game, since Allies players, specially USF players are struggling against Super Heavies.

This way, people kinda know what to expect, they get some of their anger out of their system before the actual patch, and -in rare cases!- there might be some constructive feedback for the balance team.

Anyways, I prefer not to know anything before the patch, instead of a shitstorm 10 days before the actual release.
Hux
22 Mar 2015, 20:47 PM
Patrion 14

^ I agree. the worst thing is that they never give an indication of what their intended design decisions are.

I don't give a shit about knowing what stats will be tweaked or w/e, I don't even want to know what units will be changed (if any) but I would like them to at least issue a statement before the patch is released stating what they intend to do or what direction they are aiming to take the game in; 'we are aiming to extend the length of the infantry-based early game' for example.

I'd rather have that than the groping in the dark approach they seem to have now.

22 Mar 2015, 22:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2015, 20:00 PMNapalm

+1. Would like to see the balancing forums closed for 3 days after the patch so people chill the fuck out.

If they do something really dumb (which they always end up doing, over nerfing something or overbuffing), then it's probably going to take a lot less than 3 days for people to figure it out.
22 Mar 2015, 23:17 PM
Donator 11

you could easily stop all the rumors and trolling, if you would just give us the info.

what was that that relic said....we are gonna communicate better with the community...

all i hear are crickets as of late. one teaser stream 2 weeks ago does not constitute better communication.

There was a guy in Schwerer thread who said OKW will be nerfed big time
22 Mar 2015, 23:20 PM

Maybe the new patch removes Obers from the game, they were an april fools joke 12 months in the making.
23 Mar 2015, 00:46 AM

we all known this patch is going to be a flop, but you will all come back COH2 has captured our hearts and minds, you can't leave her...
23 Mar 2015, 01:42 AM

Basically everyone with an in at this point has been saying "prepare for disappointment".

Won't go into the specifics, but what was leaked made me laugh very hard.

I haven't played in months because of the poor state of the game. I was hoping that the March 31st patch would change my mind.

Read the notes on balance forums... died a little inside.

I doubt I'll be playing CoH 2 again anytime soon. Don't get your hopes up boys.

Edit: If anyone here plays Eve hit me up on Steam :O
23 Mar 2015, 02:03 AM
Patrion 27

Guys, what if there isn't even really an NDa but it's just a cover up for incompetence... half life 3 confirmed
23 Mar 2015, 02:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 01:42 AMCieZ

Edit: If anyone here plays Eve hit me up on Steam :O

Oh I love Eve. Always been meaning to get back into it after my corp died and I basically lost my purpose in the game...
23 Mar 2015, 02:53 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2015, 16:52 PMInverse
Of course, if you're bored of using the same strategies over and over again, either use different strategies or stop playing the game. But if you're bored of playing against the same strategies over and over again, it's silly to blame the players. It's unreasonable to assume that, in a competitive environment, your opponent will not use the strategy that gives him the best odds of success. If there's only one obviously best strategy, that's a problem with the game, not the players.

I won't disagree with you
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight