Login

russian armor

What are you expecting from the British Army?

15 Mar 2015, 21:33 PM

How about Brits get Centurion tank, you know for shits and giggles like everything Axis?
15 Mar 2015, 21:35 PM

How about Brits get Centurion tank, you know for shits and giggles like everything Axis?

So can OKW and Ostheer start getting 1945 units? V2 mobile launcher truck and all that fun stuff?
15 Mar 2015, 22:01 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I expecting; Bren Carrier, Trucks, InfSection required of an officer, ect
15 Mar 2015, 23:24 PM

Brits being a faction that has a possible slight fuel/Muni buff but at lower manpower income, calling it now.

15 Mar 2015, 23:36 PM

I hope for nice voice acting.

I liked their calm attitude in Coh1.
15 Mar 2015, 23:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 23:36 PMButcher
I hope for nice voice acting.

I liked their calm attitude in Coh1.

May Duffy return, ever hated by everyone.
15 Mar 2015, 23:43 PM

Permanently Banned
>Actually responding intellegently to a thread made be REForever's impersonater
>Not realize you're feeding his trolling by doing so

God some of you people are sheep.
15 Mar 2015, 23:54 PM

Call it the Commonwelath but have base army British units then add commanders that bring in other units from Canada, Australia, India etc.
16 Mar 2015, 08:15 AM

I am expecting broken balance.

I am expecting from British faction to stay away from COH2 as any other new faction they would want to add. 4 factions are more than enough, let alone balance, which will be thrown into disaster again for loong long time.
16 Mar 2015, 10:35 AM
Honorary Member Badge

At the moment I expect nothing other than maybe a USF Commander with some British units - in exactly the way Lend Lease and Mobile Defence gave us Shermans and Pumas before WFA
16 Mar 2015, 21:07 PM

At the moment I expect nothing other than maybe a USF Commander with some British units - in exactly the way Lend Lease and Mobile Defence gave us Shermans and Pumas before WFA

Maybe a Soviet commander with Churchill III
16 Mar 2015, 21:27 PM

No sherman firely, the game has enough shermans. Cool units, don't care too much about history.Comet tank, Cromwell tank & all in a desert rat style.

I know that's completely historically absurd, but coh2 is not about history.
16 Mar 2015, 21:32 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

I hope there's no new factions, or even new commanders until this game is at least somewhat balanced.
16 Mar 2015, 21:54 PM

No sherman firely, the game has enough shermans. Cool units, don't care too much about history.Comet tank, Cromwell tank & all in a desert rat style.

For a late war Commonwealth faction's ability to counter heavy tanks:

Old quote, but i do hope for something different, yet still cool, well balanced (if only), but most importantly, well designed. Dem commas...
17 Mar 2015, 15:25 PM

I'm disappointed in all of you who voted for the Commonwealth Army option. There was no such thing as the Commonwealth Army in WW2, but people insist to call the British Army the Commonwealth Army for god knows which reason.

Anyways, i'm going teach you guys some history on the issue so people know that the Australian, Canadian, UK, Indian and New Zealand troops who fought in WW2 were considered part of the British Army.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recruitment_in_the_British_Army

Here's a link so you guys can read on the recruitment of the British Army throughout the centuries, and also notice how basically every conflict the British Army was in, there was no mention of the Canadian Army, Australian Army, Indian Army and etc. Do you know why this is? Because those countries were British subjects and their loyalty was to the Crown and the British Army.

People on this forum wants CoH2 to be more historically accurate(Certain posters insist that Americans can't fight in Stalingrad/Eastern Europe, units need to fit the timeline to the nearest mark and etc), yet they don't want historical names? Disappointing to see soo many people ignore history, but that's what happens when you bring the British Empire into the discussion; people always seem to ignore logic and spew out inane bs.

Anyways, I forgot I wanted to see Valentine tanks for the British Army with different variants/upgrade options, and of course the classic Ordnance QF 17 pounder which is probably considered the best AT gun in the war; it was more powerful and reliable than any AT gun the Americans invented, and better than anything German engineering could come up with. It literally destroyed German heavy armour head-on.
17 Mar 2015, 15:51 PM

>Actually responding intellegently to a thread made be REForever's impersonater
>Not realize you're feeding his trolling by doing so

God some of you people are sheep.

WHAT :foreveralone:
17 Mar 2015, 16:02 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 15:11 PMBurts
I expect the british army to be a part of USF in coh 2. Some british commander abilities and that's it.

Why do i think this? Notice it only says "british commander pack" it the game files, along with OKW, Soviet, Wehrmacht and USF commander packs.

There is no 3rd axis faction mentioned.
If the 4 existing factions each get a single commander pack, and then there is a 5th undefined thing also gets a single commander pack, then what is the 5th thing?

Do you think, maybe it could be some sort of a new system of intricate subfragmentation of the US forces, where there are several separate nationalities, a new subfaction system if you will, each of them changing just a little bit of the base faction, so Soviets can also get a separate subfaction, maybe French can be the subset of the Soviets, limiting commander choiOF COURSE IT'S A NEW BLOODY FACTION FFS
17 Mar 2015, 19:30 PM

Permanently Banned
Not to become a spammy arty emplacement faction like in coh1. The one shots are already too real we don't need a whole faction centered around long range one shotting.
17 Mar 2015, 19:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Rocky and Bullwinkle taught me that all you have to do to stop the British is to draw a big letter T on the sky and they will all sit down and start drinking tea. Plz confirm this is true, Scottish skywriters.

Also, I have no reason to expect (or want) a new faction anytime soon.
17 Mar 2015, 20:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

We have more Tiger tanks (King Tiger, Tiger Ace, Jagdtiger, Sturmtiger and of course basic Tiger) than we have Shermans (Easy-8, Bulldozer, Soviet 76mm, basic Sherman) right now.

If you think the KT doesn't count, fair enough, but then there's still as many Tigers as there are Shermans.

Unless you're counting the Jackson, Wolverine and Priest as Shermans because they're mounted on the Sherman's chassis/hull.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★