Login

russian armor

Unable to find my custom maps in game

14 Mar 2015, 14:25 PM

Hello!

I've been trying to create an empty map and run it just to see that it works. But it doesn't show up with the other maps. I've downloaded custom maps and they work fine. I've followed all the relevant steps in this tutorial. I've googled it and tried every solution that has been suggested that I could find yet nothing seems to work for me. I really want to be able to create maps and test them so if anyone could help me that would be fantastic.

What I've done so far:
Saved and exported the package
Tried placing the .sga in /subscriptions and in scenarios/mp
Fill out all the fields in 'Scenario Properties' (someone said this was required for it to show up)

Cheers,
Bionic
18 Mar 2015, 13:59 PM

Once you export the package, it will be saved in the correct directory to play it in game.

You must give the scenario a name, in scenario properties in order to see a name in the map list, otherwise it will be a blank space. You can select that blank space, is play the map, but you won't see the name.

When first saving the file initially, make sure you have no special characters in the name, and no spaces. Use underscore "_" for spaces. Do not use parenthesis " ( or ) ". Typically the file name format would be, "ExampleMapName_6p.sgb" When exported, it would be "ExampleMapName_6p.sga".

The following examples will cause conflicts...
ExampleMapName(6).sgb
Example Map Name 6p.sgb
20 Mar 2015, 11:08 AM

Hi Srinidhalaya, thanks for your reply.

My custom maps are still NOT showing up in the map list. I tried making an empty map, I gave it the name "test" in scenario properties, I saved it as "test" and then exported the package.

Then I try to create a custom match and I can't find it in the list. There isn't any empty slot either that I can click to select it. The only thing I've found is that in the workshop there are empty slots, and a new one seems to be created every time I save/export a new map. But I don't understand why, since I'm giving the scenarios names.

Might there be some other basic aspect I've missed?
30 Mar 2015, 16:05 PM

Sorry for the late reply, real life and stuff..

Anyway, those blanks spaces are the map. When saving the map, are you getting any errors? Basic questions, how far in the map process are you? Starting locations, territories calculated, map entry points...ect?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 29
Germany 195
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %