Login

russian armor

For or against molotovs

15 Mar 2015, 02:13 AM

If balance is so much better in 1's wouldn't it make cons harder to use in higher ones? And thus it more impressive to succeed with them by your logic?

Whats the point of this post? What are you trying to refer to??
15 Mar 2015, 03:24 AM

Whats the point of this post? What are you trying to refer to??

You said I don't play ones so my use of cons means nothing, but it doesn't work like that?
16 Mar 2015, 00:52 AM

Permanently Banned
Isn't the molotovs purpose to deny cover and buildings while also countering mg42 teams? The raw damage isn't so high except when it LOL crits several models. For 15 munitions you guys sure expect a lot. The only thing worth changing is the throw speed. What you want something that has the initial power and AOE of a grenade that also denies cover on a squad that can sprint and cost 15 munitions? Get real.
16 Mar 2015, 07:46 AM

If balance is so much better in 1's wouldn't it make cons harder to use in higher ones? And thus it more impressive to succeed with them by your logic?

Not sure what kind of crack you are on but using conscripts in team games IS harder because:

-they do not scale
-they require fuel to have utility
-they can't be reinforced on the field in reliable way
-they don't have potent doctrinal weapons
-they don't have stock upgradeable weapons
-they are horrible at range combat therefore are being torn apart by volk ober and gren LMG blobs on approach because they HAVE to approach to do anything.
16 Mar 2015, 10:05 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Conspam (or just getting 3 to start) is a legit tactic that works very well, I don't think on this site were lenny is a well known figure I need to post more replays to prove it.

As you observe, Lenny is well-known on this site: he is a Strategist on Staff, has written a guide on the NKVD Commander and co-authored a guide on Partisans.

http://www.coh2.org/guides/29430/lenny-s-rifle-disruption-tactics-guide

http://www.coh2.org/guides/29946/partisan-guide

After a period of disenchantment with the Meta, he has recently returned to streaming and is now researching Tank Hunters, for your general edification and delight.

Hope that helps. ;)

Back to topic.

16 Mar 2015, 11:20 AM

Animation take too long currently.
16 Mar 2015, 12:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2015, 07:46 AMKatitof

Not sure what kind of crack you are on but using conscripts in team games IS harder because:

-they do not scale
-they require fuel to have utility
-they can't be reinforced on the field in reliable way
-they don't have potent doctrinal weapons
-they don't have stock upgradeable weapons
-they are horrible at range combat therefore are being torn apart by volk ober and gren LMG blobs on approach because they HAVE to approach to do anything.

They are excellent early game due to their durability, and in team games you can get far more of them onto the field because to can rely on your team mates for support. Con spam is far easier to pull off in 2's and up because you have someone to support you, but in smaller game modes it's harder because con's will be all you have.

Con spam + Airborne USF = fun times. Not to mention if your using an commander that has conscript repairs your con horde can help repair your tanks quickly.

They don't scale well to late game if you make no use to the increased molotov or AT nade range, but they could use some better vet stats. And volks aren't going to be ripping anything apart, they don't out preform cons till they hit Vet 3. Obers are a problem, but grens are still manageable.

16 Mar 2015, 13:07 PM

They are excellent early game due to their durability, and in team games you can get far more of them onto the field because to can rely on your team mates for support. Con spam is far easier to pull off in 2's and up because you have someone to support you, but in smaller game modes it's harder because con's will be all you have.

Con spam + Airborne USF = fun times. Not to mention if your using an commander that has conscript repairs your con horde can help repair your tanks quickly.

They don't scale well to late game if you make no use to the increased molotov or AT nade range, but they could use some better vet stats. And volks aren't going to be ripping anything apart, they don't out preform cons till they hit Vet 3. Obers are a problem, but grens are still manageable.

Try to use molotov in late game (to scale well) against Obers. Before you will throw it, you will have 2-3 models left.

And Volks are rather equal to Cons. They will lose 6/10 times, but they are similar to Cons.
Cons don't outperform them like you are trying to say.

________

I would to love to see molotovs being able to target tank - like AT nade - and cause enginge overheat, like T34 after Ram but much shorter time, 3-5secs for example.
16 Mar 2015, 13:43 PM

Try to use molotov in late game (to scale well) against Obers. Before you will throw it, you will have 2-3 models left.

And Volks are rather equal to Cons. They will lose 6/10 times, but they are similar to Cons.
Cons don't outperform them like you are trying to say.

________

I would to love to see molotovs being able to target tank - like AT nade - and cause enginge overheat, like T34 after Ram but much shorter time, 3-5secs for example.
'

I just said that Obers are an issue for cons, but that's about it. And in regards to Volks the biggest thing is that if you kill a volks model you take off more dps than if he kills one of your models.
17 Mar 2015, 02:56 AM

Come on, Volks have 5 vet and with shrek it's easy to vet them up. So in mid late game they're no doubt much better than cons, their grenade is aslo quick and lethal. Now stop this meaningless debate and back on topic, please.
18 Mar 2015, 02:14 AM

I would take consistent flame damage over crits to be honest. I would prefer a consistent product over inconsistencies any day of the week and that applies to all factions in my books.
18 Mar 2015, 14:47 PM

Flame damage is what scores ridiculous crits.

Grenades just deal lethal damage in a small radius that typically 4-5 squad models cram to occupy in any kind of cover.
22 Mar 2015, 22:38 PM

I would take consistent flame damage over crits to be honest. I would prefer a consistent product over inconsistencies any day of the week and that applies to all factions in my books.

This man gets it.
22 Mar 2015, 23:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

As would I.
23 Mar 2015, 03:49 AM

I think flame damage is consistent enough, just that the upgrade cost is a little high and long throwing time so normaly people can't afford to buy it every game, which hamper Cons scaling to mid late game.
23 Mar 2015, 21:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think flame damage is consistent enough, just that the upgrade cost is a little high and long throwing time so normaly people can't afford to buy it every game, which hamper Cons scaling to mid late game.

Then the damage is also shit because it does 10 damage a second.

Yes, it'll take 7 seconds for it to wipe a squad, not including the flame crits, without mentioning the ridiculous throwing animation we all know about.
24 Mar 2015, 01:35 AM

horrible initial upgrade cost for a mediocre nade. its good at denial, thats about it. but with such major drawbacks, i'd rather forgo it and get a flamer instead to elite troops with real nades.

put the fuel to elsewhere where it matters, like a t1 and sniper, does so much more, less riskier than running up to throw a nade and puts alot more pressure on german infantry and its free per shot.
24 Mar 2015, 23:58 PM

I like them but i think they should do damage to vehicles as well. They were originally made as a cheap anti tank weapon.

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/protestors-in-ukraine-destroy-tank-with-molotov-cocktails-video/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★