Login

russian armor

Five man grenadier squads are exactly what Ostheer need.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
19 Mar 2015, 16:17 PM

If USF had more call ins they would be in a better spot late game, because were they are now is just kinda eh.

Yes pls, need more call ins, need more pershing, need more call in centered commanders because Soviet design is fine due to availability of call ins and USF design isnt fine because they lack call ins.

Actually, the WFA approach was the correct one tech - call in - wise.
It makes USF more fun to play because you can rely on your core army stuff to compete well, and you can use commanders the way they are meant to be used - as supplements.

Also, you said that Soviets have the most options because they have call ins. It contradicts itself doesnt it? The ineffectivity of non call in builds is more often than not just perceived due to people being lazy and hopping on the meta - ladder - tryhard train. A well used T34 can wreck you harder than a waiting for is2 strat. But call ins are not fine ofcourse. This whole call in system needs to be changed, urgently.

Also, USF lategame as it is is perfectly fine, you can have everything you need by the time lategame kicks in. Its just the lazy overreliance on call in's or okw units overperforming, which by the way alex, they do. Month long OKW complaints dont come from nowhere, literally everyone in the top tier level of play complains about OKW.

God save relic if they dont deliver this time.
19 Mar 2015, 16:25 PM

Yes pls, need more call ins, need more pershing, need more call in centered commanders because Soviet design is fine due to availability of call ins and USF design isnt fine because they lack call ins.

Actually, the WFA approach was the correct one tech - call in - wise.
It makes USF more fun to play because you can rely on your core army stuff to compete well, and you can use commanders the way they are meant to be used - as supplements.

Also, you said that Soviets have the most options because they have call ins. It contradicts itself doesnt it? The ineffectivity of non call in builds is more often than not just perceived due to people being lazy and hopping on the meta - ladder - tryhard train. A well used T34 can wreck you harder than a waiting for is2 strat. But call ins are not fine ofcourse. This whole call in system needs to be changed, urgently.

Also, USF lategame as it is is perfectly fine, you can have everything you need by the time lategame kicks in. Its just the lazy overreliance on call in's or okw units overperforming, which by the way alex, they do. Month long OKW complaints dont come from nowhere, literally everyone in the top tier level of play complains about OKW.

God save relic if they dont deliver this time.

I'm not saying the call in system is great, but it IS what has made Soviets so good lately thanks to having so many commanders with call in's + elite infantry.

USF has problems because they can't tech up to a T4 equivalent and thus don't have a better late game, while Soviets, Ostheer and OKW all have late game call in's.

People in the top level of play don't complain about everything OKW has, but then again 90% of the top players don't post here.

OKW doesn't need to be nerfed across the board, it needs some things toned down. But it would be much easier and more fun for everyone to bring USF up to par and fix Ostheer than nerf one of the most fun factions in the game into the ground.

And reworking Soviets/Entire factions is never going to happen. Relic hasn't ever in it's history redone an entire faction, they might buff the Sov stock units, but they aren't going to change every single Soviet commander.
20 Mar 2015, 17:50 PM

5man gren squads would break Conscripts.

5man LMG Grens running everywhere lategame.

Buff MG42, Sniper may need some reduced received accuracy, 222 maybe a slight DPS buff, definetly reduce tech costs, tie call ins to tech.

Yay Ostheer fixed

I wouldnt say the 222 needs a DPS buff, but rather an accuracy buff, i mean.. my favourite Wehrmacht vehicle cant hit shit against infantry.. R.I.P 222 :/ ......

Up-gunning the 222 for such a big cost of munition in the early game feels like a pain just to make it perform on par with the M20 <.< Not to mention it gets instantly fucked over by a M15-AA
20 Mar 2015, 22:24 PM
Benefactor 115

accuracy buff = dps buff
20 Mar 2015, 22:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not when you have 100% accuracy!

So, only applies to snipers.
1 Apr 2015, 14:08 PM

Wouldn't it be the easiest way for Grens and PGrens to simply remove received accuracy modifier as thier vet bonus and increase thier HP to 100 from 80. This would also make med kits and med bunkers more essential.
1 Apr 2015, 14:33 PM

Wouldn't it be the easiest way for Grens and PGrens to simply remove received accuracy modifier as thier vet bonus and increase thier HP to 100 from 80. This would also make med kits and med bunkers more essential.

No, because then they would survive mortar direct hits, grenades, weaker tank shots and so on.
1 Apr 2015, 14:53 PM

No, because then they would survive mortar direct hits, grenades, weaker tank shots and so on.

My bad I just watched tank main guns - only stuart deals 80 all other tanks deal more then 100 or 40 dmg per shot. Tho I didnt take greandes into cosideration.

So the only reasonable change to reduce squad wipes is to reduce the AoE near and mid distance.
1 Apr 2015, 15:05 PM

My bad I just watched tank main guns - only stuart deals 80 all other tanks deal more then 100 or 40 dmg per shot. Tho I didnt take greandes into cosideration.

So the only reasonable change to reduce squad wipes is to reduce the AoE near and mid distance.

Or fix the god damn squad spread, which modder does in 5 minutes?
1 Apr 2015, 15:09 PM

Or fix the god damn squad spread, which modder does in 5 minutes?

The new patch actually made unit spacing worse, models can now stand inside each other when pressed against something, so you can technically stack an infinite number of squads on top of one another.

EDIT: Relic must be taking their physics lessons from Dwarf Fortress
1 Apr 2015, 17:58 PM

Permanently Banned
y isnt this thread dead?
3 Apr 2015, 21:04 PM

Permanently Banned
The only games where soldiers should be able to run or stand on top fo each other are shooters. Even then its not that good of an idea. Why the fuck would you be able to do it in a strategy game? ffs. Squads already stand close enough together, but being able to stand inside each other is retarded. Relic needs to fix soldier collision when near other units/soldiers.
1 May 2015, 23:07 PM

5 men without lmg, 4 men with lmg.

LMG42 Grens are ridiculously OP and stock grens lose to even cons. Again, that's a design flaw.
3 May 2015, 03:27 AM

5 men without lmg, 4 men with lmg.

LMG42 Grens are ridiculously OP and stock grens lose to even cons. Again, that's a design flaw.
WTF! Why are you reviving a month old thread.
3 May 2015, 08:23 AM

WTF! Why are you reviving a month old thread.

No need to cry about it though. Better than starting a new thread.
3 May 2015, 10:16 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

No need to cry about it though. Better than starting a new thread.

On that basis, any necro could could be justified. This is the second time recently where you have necroed a thread - kindly desist. :)
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS