Login

russian armor

Heavy artillery vs. Tanks

11 Mar 2015, 00:35 AM

I got that from here and it says it's up to date. Is it wrong?
stats.com/explosive_weapons

They all have 1000 pen, they will never not pen a heavy tank. But they will do less damage to it normally due to only rarely getting a direct it.

Have you ever seen a tank bounce a shot from a ML-20 or B4?
11 Mar 2015, 00:39 AM

Make arty do semi-reliable crits on vehicles would be pretty awesome.

70% chance crew shock
10% chance engine damage
10% chance heavy engine damage
10% chance gunner injured

Figures pulled out out my ass. Main gun destroyed might be slightly harsh, but I'm open to it being included.
11 Mar 2015, 00:51 AM

I like idea of crits from howitzer's shells instead of a damage increase.

% for each crits like shock, engine damage, heavy engine damage, immobilize or main gun destroyed or... nothing, just damage but the first shell should get extra % to inflict a crit.

It would force to use combined arms. Crits on tank and flank with T34 or something like that.

I really like this, even a little better then mine. It would be a good way to use all those unused crits like injured crew men. It'd be like debuffing tanks so you could take them on easier.
11 Mar 2015, 00:56 AM

70% chance crew shock
10% chance engine damage

Figures pulled out out my ass. Main gun destroyed might be slightly harsh, but I'm open to it being included.
I think there were a lot more crits that they never used from alpha. The ones that sometimes come up when the AT stuka hits. I think there was driver injured, and loader injured crits that made the tank drive and shoot slower.
11 Mar 2015, 00:57 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

70% chance crew shock
10% chance engine damage

It'd probably have to include another mechanic for some sort of temporary immunity to shock after being afflicted by it, because just two shells hitting the tank and stunning it still sounds like it could be pretty crazy. Crew shock lasts like 5 seconds, right?

Or you know, doing that and then engine damaging it anyway or something!
11 Mar 2015, 01:08 AM

They all have 1000 pen, they will never not pen a heavy tank. But they will do less damage to it normally due to only rarely getting a direct it.

Have you ever seen a tank bounce a shot from a ML-20 or B4?
Yes that's exactly what I said.
11 Mar 2015, 01:14 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think there were a lot more crits that they never used from alpha. The ones that sometimes come up when the AT stuka hits. I think there was driver injured, and loader injured crits that made the tank drive and shoot slower.

And they had been bugged since long time. You can't recover from those crits.
11 Mar 2015, 02:22 AM

If a Sturmtiger doesn't kill a tank it will leave it with unfixable crits on it, no idea if it's intended or not.
11 Mar 2015, 06:41 AM

SO it's on Relic to fix this, instead to removing it.

Like pack howitzer. They have nerfed it so the bug will not show up instead of fixing the bug.
11 Mar 2015, 07:44 AM

I got that from here and it says it's up to date. Is it wrong?
stats.com/explosive_weapons

Not necessarily, I might be wrong here.
But I'm quite confident that I remembered that being changed to something like 300 for ML-20, 200 for LeFh and whatever for B-4. Checked the patch notes as well and couldn't find it. Oh well.
11 Mar 2015, 08:36 AM

I think LeFH on counterbattery is fine but I would not mind a faster fire rate overall, for both barrage reload and time between the shells.

It's better than ML-20 because ML-20 has a largely unnecessary precision shot and is overshadowed by B4.

So my suggestion would be to give them a chance to crew shock and a lower chance to crit between engine damage, main gun destroyed or loader injured (I'm not sure if the latter is repairable but it should be made so then)

And then ML-20 would have a lower chance of crew-shock a higher chance of crits, with Destroyed Engine replacing Engine Damage, because it would fire slower, fire less shots, and have a longer reload. And then maybe precision shot could be a 100% crit.
11 Mar 2015, 08:48 AM

Yeah, more RNG crits to a game, which should reward unit preservation.
No, thanks.
11 Mar 2015, 08:58 AM

Yeah, more RNG crits to a game, which should reward unit preservation.
No, thanks.

If the creators of the game intended that to be the main focus on the game, death crits wouldn't reward players with free get out of jail free cards.
11 Mar 2015, 16:22 PM

Its not relevant to howies Vs tanks. But I actually think the Lefh is pretty cool. Throw it on counter barrage and it reacts to indirect fire really quite quickly and surprisingly accurately through the fog of war, all for zero micro!

You just have to set your force up in tye right way to get the most out of it.
11 Mar 2015, 16:24 PM

I was told the crits do go away but the visual icons above the tank stay?
11 Mar 2015, 17:07 PM

Its not relevant to howies Vs tanks. But I actually think the Lefh is pretty cool. Throw it on counter barrage and it reacts to indirect fire really quite quickly and surprisingly accurately through the fog of war, all for zero micro!

You just have to set your force up in tye right way to get the most out of it.
The lefh isn't good at much, but the one thing it is good for is taking out other artillery units, since even without its vet ability it will still usually hit anything in it's barrage range atleast once. By comparison the ml-20 can miss an emplacement entirely.
11 Mar 2015, 19:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I was told the crits do go away but the visual icons above the tank stay?

That would be something, but still bugged :P
15 Mar 2015, 23:17 PM

Remember in coh1 when 105 or 25 pounder howi shots just bounce off of tanks every once in a while especially on the king tiger. lulz
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★