Login

russian armor

Changing an Entity through an upgrade?

9 Mar 2015, 19:39 PM

I've been wanting to give the T34/76 a T34/85 upgrade. Changing the weapon to the 85mm gun is easy, but it's not really what I want. Can I spawn an "unattached" T34/85 at the upgrading unit's position and then delete the old tank? Is there a way to change the model or directly swap entities?
11 Mar 2015, 09:52 AM

I'll take you through this, now Im gonna assume the weapon upgrade you made is like the Shermans top gun upgrade, except it replaces the main cannon on the t34/76 so I can skip all the things about how to make the upgrade and stuff etc. (But if you need to make the tutorial from scratch say so)
1. Now goto upgrades and select the upgrade you made for the t34/76 and go under upgrade_bag in that file
2. Next delete anything underneath it and make it empty and then right click on upgrade_bag and select add and then find and select "action\make_dead", this should remove the t34/76 when you finished upgrading it so you're done with getting the t34/76 to disappear
3. Next right-click on upgrade_bag again and select action\spawn_squad
4. After go down to squad_name under "spawn_squad" in the upgrade_bag and put in "attributes\sbps\races\soviet\vehicles\t_34_squad\t_34_85_squad_mp" this will spawn a t34/85 at the location of the selected t34/76 after you have finished doing the upgrade ingame
When you research the upgrade on the tank the t34/76 will vanish and a t34/85 will appear (with full health and no vet)

I have included a picture on how the "upgrade_bag" should look like, what I told you should work as I tested it ingame before and it worked for me so incase it doesnt message me
If you have any questions about anything else ask away
Now the vet and the health carrying over to the t34/85 from the t34/76 I am not sure how to put in yet, as the t34/76 gets deleted and the t34/85 spawns in its place its not one the t34/76 getting an upgrade to its armaments

Also I have a feeling this will make soviet industry overpowered
13 Mar 2015, 15:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2015, 09:52 AMmedhood
I'll take you through this, now Im gonna assume the weapon upgrade you made is like the Shermans top gun upgrade, except it replaces the main cannon on the t34/76 so I can skip all the things about how to make the upgrade and stuff etc. (But if you need to make the tutorial from scratch say so)
1. Now goto upgrades and select the upgrade you made for the t34/76 and go under upgrade_bag in that file
2. Next delete anything underneath it and make it empty and then right click on upgrade_bag and select add and then find and select "action\make_dead", this should remove the t34/76 when you finished upgrading it so you're done with getting the t34/76 to disappear
3. Next right-click on upgrade_bag again and select action\spawn_squad
4. After go down to squad_name under "spawn_squad" in the upgrade_bag and put in "attributes\sbps\races\soviet\vehicles\t_34_squad\t_34_85_squad_mp" this will spawn a t34/85 at the location of the selected t34/76 after you have finished doing the upgrade ingame
When you research the upgrade on the tank the t34/76 will vanish and a t34/85 will appear (with full health and no vet)

I have included a picture on how the "upgrade_bag" should look like, what I told you should work as I tested it ingame before and it worked for me so incase it doesnt message me
If you have any questions about anything else ask away
Now the vet and the health carrying over to the t34/85 from the t34/76 I am not sure how to put in yet, as the t34/76 gets deleted and the t34/85 spawns in its place its not one the t34/76 getting an upgrade to its armaments

I was about to say it didn't work as intended (the description said it was abandoned, and when told to move it drove around randomly like Ivan was drunk), but then I noticed I put spawn_entity and not spawn_squad! The ability costs 100 Munitions and 35 Fuel, so I don't think it will be too spamable.
13 Mar 2015, 20:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2015, 09:52 AMmedhood

In my minimod STOM, I made T-34/85 the default tank instead of 76 for Soviets at T3 at a 60 higher fuel cost.

In quite a few games, I used Industry, and it was not overpowered. I wasn't particularly successful until I started mixing in SU-85s, and I lost some games like that too. Industry can't maintain an infantry at all, so I think T-34/85 as stock moves Industry from Underpowered to Balanced.
14 Mar 2015, 01:51 AM

I was about to say it didn't work as intended (the description said it was abandoned, and when told to move it drove around randomly like Ivan was drunk), but then I noticed I put spawn_entity and not spawn_squad! The ability costs 100 Munitions and 35 Fuel, so I don't think it will be too spamable.

It costs 100 munitions and 35 fuel aswell as all the t34/76's vet :P
Anyways I wish you the best of luck with your mod and I did what you did and put spawn_entity to see for myself and man that was funny the tank was drifting all over the place
16 Mar 2015, 15:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2015, 01:51 AMmedhood

It costs 100 munitions and 35 fuel aswell as all the t34/76's vet :P
Anyways I wish you the best of luck with your mod and I did what you did and put spawn_entity to see for myself and man that was funny the tank was drifting all over the place

I used spawn_squad, and it works better now, but the unit doesn't show up in the unit hotbar or the minimap. There is also no unit icon above the unit, and the description still says that it's abandoned.
17 Oct 2015, 19:41 PM

I'm trying to do something similar to the OP. I followed the steps mentioned above and got the same results where the unit it spawns is neutral and uncontrollable. How do you make the spawned unit controlled by the person using the upgrade?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★