Login

russian armor

Fixing Early Game USF vs Ost

7 Mar 2015, 10:01 AM
Donator 11

Use 222 to counter M20.
Im more afraid of AA than M20.
Ostheer faction is not one squad behind.
First tier costs 80mp I guess so its 2 Rifles =2 grens +tier.

Yes, grens are worse than Rifles and they should be.

In fact my biggest problem is AA truck, not Rifles.
Mortar can do wonders against Rifles blob.

grens are 4 and rifles are 5 and you think grens should be worse in the game where its so easy to lose squads.
And yes Ost is behind. Build a tier, build a gren and by that time you already capped with RE and got 2 rifles out. Now do the math! Not considering you have to retreat your pio squad to build another tier.

7 Mar 2015, 10:18 AM

1. Fix Ost teching cost
2. Delay smoke grenade until officer purchase
3. increase luitenant fuel cost by 10(Captain should probably reduced too, but that's not really relevant.
4. Make 221/222 stronger and more expensive
5. Buff pgrens a little
6. Reduced grenade range on all units when suppressed

The situation really isn't as drastic as some make it sound. It's just that OST is just a bit weak near cp2 timing where USF can make the most investments. USF can negate OST HMG with smoke early on and then just piles it on with quick luitenent followed by light vehicles which just overwhelms them. For comparison, going for captain doesn't have the same sort of impact.

With these changes OST can rely on the MGs better early on and can go toe-to-toe with with US light vehicle game like the vehicle based faction they are.
7 Mar 2015, 11:18 AM

grens are 4 and rifles are 5 and you think grens should be worse in the game where its so easy to lose squads.
And yes Ost is behind. Build a tier, build a gren and by that time you already capped with RE and got 2 rifles out. Now do the math! Not considering you have to retreat your pio squad to build another tier.

Ralic made Rifles best opening infantry for some reason. But later, because of upgrades, Grens will become more powerful, unless double 1919.

I dont deny cap powier in first few mins. I said about number of squads which in fact is equal. Rifles arrive faster than Grens, but about 4min you will have same number of units.

And you are wrong. Second rifles squad hits the field at 0:58. Second Grens squad at 1:03. So it's just 5secs when USF player has one squad more not like you said that USF player has 2 squads by the time your first grens squad hits the field.

But lets be clear. OST struggles vs USF and tech is broken.
7 Mar 2015, 11:29 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I am pretty sick op people who still think that Relic will do anything about these situations.

And I'm sick of people like you. Didn't you say you would leave the game? Doesn't really matter. If you don't like the game or the developers, then just leave. If you feel like discussing here doesn't really matter, why would you bother coming to the forums in the first place? Don't be a whiny kid coming to the forums regulary anyway and tell everybody how bad Relic is and how they won't change. Grow some backbone and move on or just remain silent if you don't have anything to say.

Ontopic:
Katitof is right. The best thing you can do is to adjust the maps, and make things like HMG42 more reliable. Make the 222 a bit more resitant to small arms fire and fix teching for Ostheer (needs to go in line with Soviet teching aswell then).
7 Mar 2015, 11:51 AM
Donator 11

And I'm sick of people like you. Didn't you say you would leave the game? Doesn't really matter. If you don't like the game or the developers, then just leave. If you feel like discussing here doesn't really matter, why would you bother coming to the forums in the first place? Don't be a whiny kid coming to the forums regulary anyway and tell everybody how bad Relic is and how they won't change. Grow some backbone and move on or just remain silent if you don't have anything to say.

Youre totally right but im afraid he is right too.
8 Mar 2015, 14:46 PM

Permanently Banned

I thought you quit the game? Why are you still here spreading your toxicity?

toxicity? I think I am telling the truth my dear friend. I quit the game for some time, does that mean that I have no right to be looking through these forums?

People call me negative, you call me toxic, when all I am doing is telling you the harsh truth. They will not change things that requires major work. Nothing toxic about that, just the truth..
8 Mar 2015, 14:50 PM

Permanently Banned

Ontopic:
Katitof is right. The best thing you can do is to adjust the maps, and make things like HMG42 more reliable. Make the 222 a bit more resitant to small arms fire and fix teching for Ostheer (needs to go in line with Soviet teching aswell then).

Uhm am I the whiner or are the other hundreds of people who keep starting threads like this the whiners? For all I know I am telling the truth about relic and the game. People will circle around it, yet they can't face the fact that relic will not change anything if it is a major change. Truth does not represent whining.

Sure I have made some whiney threads here and there, we all have. But saying that I leave a game, never said for good or for just a while, will immediately render my option to look through and respond in these forums obsolete? That isn't right my friend.
8 Mar 2015, 14:51 PM

Permanently Banned

Youre totally right but im afraid he is right too.

in he sense he is and thank you sir
8 Mar 2015, 15:00 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Uhm am I the whiner or are the other hundreds of people who keep starting threads like this the whiners? For all I know I am telling the truth about relic and the game. People will circle around it, yet they can't face the fact that relic will not change anything if it is a major change. Truth does not represent whining.

Sure I have made some whiney threads here and there, we all have. But saying that I leave a game, never said for good or for just a while, will immediately render my option to look through and respond in these forums obsolete? That isn't right my friend.

How is this a whine thread? In fact it's just the opposite: OP lists up the problems and asks for suggestions. All you did was telling everyone how pointless every discussion here is with no input on topic. If you think that way, that's alright, it's your opinion. But then post this on your personal blog and not in the COH2 Gameplay section since it has nothing to do with it and people want to have a valid discussion.
8 Mar 2015, 15:16 PM

I afraid your changes for USF kill this faction to end. USF must be strong at early game, in late game you just need to blob, because rifles are rubbish in late, or you need to for airborne. We need to go deeper and change design of USF.
8 Mar 2015, 15:55 PM

I afraid your changes for USF kill this faction to end. USF must be strong at early game, in late game you just need to blob, because rifles are rubbish in late, or you need to for airborne. We need to go deeper and change design of USF.

i hate that thought that one faction should be stronger at early game and other one is better at late game. And yes game need deeper changes instead of buffing some early game units
8 Mar 2015, 16:50 PM
Donator 11

Ralic made Rifles best opening infantry for some reason. But later, because of upgrades, Grens will become more powerful, unless double 1919.

I dont deny cap powier in first few mins. I said about number of squads which in fact is equal. Rifles arrive faster than Grens, but about 4min you will have same number of units.

And you are wrong. Second rifles squad hits the field at 0:58. Second Grens squad at 1:03. So it's just 5secs when USF player has one squad more not like you said that USF player has 2 squads by the time your first grens squad hits the field.

But lets be clear. OST struggles vs USF and tech is broken.

You're right concerning T1, the problem begins when you start to tech T2 (and you need to in order to fight 222 and get LMGs). You pay 200 manpower for battlephase, and then another 120 for the building, also having pios retreated to the base. At the same time USF player pays 200 manpower to get liut who basically is rifle squad that normally costs 280 manpower with additional 60 muni upgrade. Then usf is really ahead.
8 Mar 2015, 20:19 PM

i hate that thought that one faction should be stronger at early game and other one is better at late game. And yes game need deeper changes instead of buffing some early game units
In your logic, we need to buff late USF game, because it sucks
8 Mar 2015, 20:35 PM

I think fixing this is just a matter of 1 or 2 specific changes. The mg42 needs better suppression or possibly faster targeting to make it a reliable early game blob counter. The 222 isn't bad but it could use a slight health/armor buff. I think that grens are in a pretty decent spot as is.

Making ostheer teching slightly faster is pretty needed and better maps as luvnest pointed out. I don't think these relatively minor changes are beyond the capabilities or relic, except for maybe the map thing.
8 Mar 2015, 20:37 PM

222 could get same treatment it got in CoH1.
Add 20hp per vet level.
Alternatively 1 front and 0.5 rear armor per vet level.

Both would be pretty significant increases to survivability without impacting its arrival performance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★