Login

russian armor

Katyushka, Panzerwerfer & Walking Stuka vs Garrison

6 Mar 2015, 07:47 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

So I was digging though www.coh2-stats.com, looking at damage done to garrisons and I noticed katy and werfer do 1x penetration & .25x damage but stuka does .25x penetration and 1x damage. I'm not too familiar with coh2 mechanics but does this lead to any differences overall damage? Almost all other explosives are modified on damage when it comes to garrisons (except Sturmtiger as far as I can see)

Links to the pages if interested
Katyushka Panzerwerfer Walking Stuka
6 Mar 2015, 08:26 AM

So I was digging though www.coh2-stats.com, looking at damage done to garrisons and I noticed katy and werfer do 1x penetration & .25x damage but stuka does .25x penetration and 1x damage. I'm not too familiar with coh2 mechanics but does this lead to any differences overall damage? Almost all other explosives are modified on damage when it comes to garrisons (except Sturmtiger as far as I can see)

You may have noticed Stukkas Oneshot houses most of the time. With the former two you need a little more rockets to connect. Thats why, garrison doesnt have enough armor to give penetration value any meaning against them.

6 Mar 2015, 08:48 AM

You may have noticed Stukkas Oneshot houses most of the time. With the former two you need a little more rockets to connect. Thats why, garrison doesnt have enough armor to give penetration value any meaning against them.

Wut? Now everything can bring down buildings, aren't they made of paper? o_O
6 Mar 2015, 11:58 AM

It just means Stuka will almost always kill any garrison building. Pain to deal with when you are using Urban Defense.
6 Mar 2015, 12:03 PM

It just means Stuka will almost always kill any garrison building. Pain to deal with when you are using Urban Defense.
Urban defense is totally OP on maps as Semoiski. It pretty much gives you an indestructible fortress in the first 7 minutes, including an aura and healing. Even Paks and flamethrowers as well as mortars need incredibly long to take buildings down. Add to that the blob of infantry that strives around the forward HQ swarming out as soon as a unit fires on the HQ and they struggle even more.

By the time the Stuka arrives you should have made good use of that ability.
6 Mar 2015, 12:09 PM

Urban defense is totally OP on maps as Semoiski. It pretty much gives you an indestructible fortress in the first 7 minutes, including an aura and healing. Even Paks and flamethrowers as well as mortars need incredibly long to take buildings down. Add to that the blob of infantry that strives around the forward HQ swarming out as soon as a unit fires on the HQ and they struggle even more.

Well, I would be inclined to agree if Soviets didn't depend on call-ins to have any viability in their armored forces.

Also Semiosky? Everything is wooden there. It's not a good urban defense map at all if you have a Wehrmacht ally. Trois Ponts and Ettelbrück Station however... Tears will flow.
6 Mar 2015, 12:14 PM

Not really, all buildings in semoisky can drop within 1-2 barrages from ordinary wehr mortar.
6 Mar 2015, 12:30 PM

Urban defense is totally OP on maps as Semoiski. It pretty much gives you an indestructible fortress in the first 7 minutes, including an aura and healing. Even Paks and flamethrowers as well as mortars need incredibly long to take buildings down. Add to that the blob of infantry that strives around the forward HQ swarming out as soon as a unit fires on the HQ and they struggle even more

It s sad, but the only way to surely counter a FHQ with Ostheer is the mortar half track and his Napalm mortar. the building burns to the ground in less than one Minute. That´s why i always have a commander with this unit in my pool to Counter it.

The normal mortar depends too much on luck and can be easily countered with a russian mortar next to the FHQ.
6 Mar 2015, 14:03 PM

It s sad, but the only way to surely counter a FHQ with Ostheer is the mortar half track and his Napalm mortar. the building burns to the ground in less than one Minute. That´s why i always have a commander with this unit in my pool to Counter it.

The normal mortar depends too much on luck and can be easily countered with a russian mortar next to the FHQ.

There is also this. We don't need crazy overpowered city destroyers to keep Urban Defense in check.
6 Mar 2015, 14:08 PM

There is also this. We don't need crazy overpowered city destroyers to keep Urban Defense in check.
I still want the V1 from Coh1 back.
6 Mar 2015, 17:59 PM

The reason the Stuka has less pen is because when it does pen an enemy tank it does a stupid amount of damage.

As in if you get lucky you can kill 3 Katyushas in one barrage, and give your stuka insanely high vet because of the amount of damage you did to a fuel costing unit.
6 Mar 2015, 18:06 PM

The reason the Stuka has less pen is because when it does pen an enemy tank it does a stupid amount of damage.

Which is unlikely, at least if coh2stats is correct. Stukka has 0.0 Penetration, all damage comes from deflect. As opposed to katyusha 50 pen. Deflect modifier is 0.2 which nets 160 Damage.

Katyushas are made of thin paper and die to small arms fire though, so no penetration needed here.
6 Mar 2015, 18:14 PM

You won't always actually pen a katyusha either, but I swear Relic did give the Stuka rockets some extra pen in a patch recently.

The fastest way Iv always found to Vet my stuka's is go balls to the wall and keep it at your front, so the minute the enemy Katyusha starts firing you can return fire with your stuka.
6 Mar 2015, 18:22 PM

Its Katyusha. Not Katyushka.
6 Mar 2015, 18:41 PM

It is all about the deflection damage. Before they gave the stuka deflection damage, i would shoot crappy USF mortar halftracks, and the smoke would clear revealing a full health halftrack that got hit directly by a rocket...

And when they actually added deflection damage, i was able to blow up a KV-8 that had a fourth of its health. A stuka shot at my kv-1 once, and me (thinking the kv-1 could simply laugh at the rockets) got my Kv-1 hit directly and it lost a decent amount of health, followed by a panther shell ending its existence.

And anything collapses a building in seconds these days...
7 Mar 2015, 00:24 AM
Patrion 28

20% of 200 is 40 damage... it certainly does more than that to tanks though... i wonder if 0 pen is the same as infinite? relic did give mines 1000 though...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★