Login

russian armor

Should PTRS be stronger?

PAGES (7)down
6 Mar 2015, 16:45 PM

Permanently Banned
The only problem I'd see with a PTRS/Guards buff is that Guards can easily be spammed out, .

They are not volks,

They cost too much
6 Mar 2015, 17:39 PM

They are not volks,

They cost too much

They are better at Volks for killing infantry, with Volks you need some sort of armor support and or Ober's to help you fight the enemy blob. The issue with Guards was when Button was easy to abuse you had entire armies of them roaming around dealing with anything and everything you could put out.

Which is why I think the PTRS should just get more AI ability, that or buff the PTRS and make you have to build t3 or t4 to get it.
6 Mar 2015, 19:19 PM

Permanently Banned

They are better at Volks for killing infantry, with Volks you need some sort of armor support and or Ober's to help you fight the enemy blob. The issue with Guards was when Button was easy to abuse you had entire armies of them roaming around dealing with anything and everything you could put out.

Which is why I think the PTRS should just get more AI ability, that or buff the PTRS and make you have to build t3 or t4 to get it.

Ur living in an old patch

WHO GIVES A FUCK THAT BUTTON USED TO BE USEFULL (in ur world OP)

dont reply.

I have little patience for your apologetic bullshit
6 Mar 2015, 19:27 PM

Ur living in an old patch

WHO GIVES A FUCK THAT BUTTON USED TO BE USEFULL (in ur world OP)

dont reply.

I have little patience for your apologetic bullshit

If the PTRS was buffed to have higher pen it would do more DPS than any hand held AT in the game. The reason it sucks atm is because 1. Guards don't like to actually fire it for some reason and 2. it can't pen anything bigger than a StuG/Ostwind reliably.

Button needs some love, the PTRS needs some love. I don't see how this is apologist in any way.
6 Mar 2015, 20:15 PM

Since Button and ISU-152 were nerfed, Guards are a rare unit to see in the game these days. I think Stephen in some of his game built only one squad with no upgrade. Basically, Relic eliminated the whole ISU commander from competitive game at the moment. As of now, Cons with AT nades will do their job. Guards Mortar is still viable, but only for the 120MM and T-34/85s.
6 Mar 2015, 21:25 PM
Patrion 14

I believe that the PTRS needs its ranged increased to 45 (or whatever 10 more than hand held rocket AT is) and a penetration buff to 100 at ALL ranges. It would also have a lower ROF at close range to emphasize its strength while also giving light vehicles a chance to counter by getting close. This way, the PTRS is defined as a defensive support AT that does its DPS at long range, as an addition to the damage being met out by your zis gun/ SU85. This way button is useful in giving your guards a little more time to deal damage while still staying the same as it is now.

Remember that with its ready aim time of 2.0, it takes a long time to set up and start shooting, so the PTRS is a threat the longer you stay in range, just as it was in real life.

An optional second idea would be to give the PTRS the same range as it has now, but give it a chance to inflict sight block and turret damage (slower turret traversal) crits.
6 Mar 2015, 21:33 PM

I'd love for PTRS to receive either noticeable buff against infantry or deflection damage.

Inb4 rampaging axis apoligists:

You really have NO argument why allied doctrinal weapons should always perform worse then axis stock ones.
6 Mar 2015, 21:53 PM

Since Button and ISU-152 were nerfed, Guards are a rare unit to see in the game these days. I think Stephen in some of his game built only one squad with no upgrade. Basically, Relic eliminated the whole ISU commander from competitive game at the moment. As of now, Cons with AT nades will do their job. Guards Mortar is still viable, but only for the 120MM and T-34/85s.

The ISU-152 wasn't over nerfed, but it is in need of some love. Like better damage with the AP shells.

I'd love for PTRS to receive either noticeable buff against infantry or deflection damage.

Inb4 rampaging axis apoligists:

You really have NO argument why allied doctrinal weapons should always perform worse then axis stock ones.

The reason people don't think it should be better than the shrek is the time each comes in as well as the cost.
7 Mar 2015, 00:15 AM
Patrion 28

deflection damage on the PTRS would be awful. PTRS con/guard blobs would glance everything to death.

they're never going to be as good as schrecks and i don't think an attempt should be made to make them so. i do think they need a buff though. my personal preference is to give them back the 5 range they lost and give them a close range pen buff (say 140/70/30). this would make them useful against med tanks at close range and still useful against light armour. i think bazookas and schrecks need the same treatment, although in the schreck's case it would be more of a nerf.
7 Mar 2015, 00:15 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I believe that the PTRS needs its ranged increased to 45 (or whatever 10 more than hand held rocket AT is) and a penetration buff to 100 at ALL ranges. It would also have a lower ROF at close range to emphasize its strength while also giving light vehicles a chance to counter by getting close. This way, the PTRS is defined as a defensive support AT that does its DPS at long range, as an addition to the damage being met out by your zis gun/ SU85. This way button is useful in giving your guards a little more time to deal damage while still staying the same as it is now.

Remember that with its ready aim time of 2.0, it takes a long time to set up and start shooting, so the PTRS is a threat the longer you stay in range, just as it was in real life.

An optional second idea would be to give the PTRS the same range as it has now, but give it a chance to inflict sight block and turret damage (slower turret traversal) crits.

Range is 40, same as 222. I think it was one of the reason it got it's range decrease (sniper + M3 guard meta).
7 Mar 2015, 00:31 AM
Patrion 28

probably but instead they should have nerfed snipers and buffed the 222 as the nerf literally did piss all to the guards/snipers meta and the relation of the 222 to them.

edit: god damn i'm tired...
[...]nerfed guards and buffed snipers[...]
:(
7 Mar 2015, 23:29 PM

they should keep ptrs the same and change button to be useful again.
8 Mar 2015, 18:23 PM

Give PTRS a large AOE I want to see it actually kill Infantry like the Shrek and Zook AKA Grenade Launcher/

On a Serious note I have no idea what to do with it. Get rid of it?
8 Mar 2015, 18:40 PM

i wouldnt mind its AT strength stay the same if its AI gets improved. would justify its sucky AT in that way and the tank hunter commander for sov would be much more appealing for me.

trust me, you don't want that.
8 Mar 2015, 19:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Give the PTRS an ability to improve penetration and damage at the cost of fire-rate. Perhaps forcing them to stay still for it would be a necessary drawback.

...and fix them taking ten years dancing around instead of firing their semiautomatic rifles.
8 Mar 2015, 19:42 PM

I dont think ISU was overnerfed. There are maps like Minsk Pocket when ISU works perfect.
T70 with recon mode, T34 to keep pressure into ISU is quite useful, especially agasint OKW blob.
T70+ISU is amazing combo.
Also Guards with DP behind sandbags can hold even Obers for a few second but that's the problem os Allies.
You need Cons, 1 Guards squad, Maxim, 2 ZiS, Mortar to deal with trucks, then ISU. 6 different units.

OKW? Volks, maybe Puma or Flaktruck, Obers, Panther. 3 different units, or 4 if doctrine with MG.

PTRS is pure shit. Nothing to say more.
8 Mar 2015, 21:20 PM

I'd like to have "Destroy the track" ability for PTRS ^^
8 Mar 2015, 21:44 PM

I'd like to have "Destroy the track" ability for PTRS ^^

good old PE AT Halftrack times when you could counter your US opponents whole strategy, that being m8 rush :foreveralone:
8 Mar 2015, 21:58 PM

Yes PTRS should be buffed, faster fire rate, maybe lower damage, better vs AI
8 Mar 2015, 22:21 PM

Yes PTRS should be buffed, faster fire rate, maybe lower damage, better vs AI

i think the AI vs PTRS matchup is fine :snfPeter:
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias