Login

russian armor

Player Card Worth and Community

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
7 Mar 2015, 01:36 AM
Patrion 14

It's kind of nice to know people get so angry about internet words that you need a spreadsheet showing you have won X many games in order for your opinion to be valid when all it takes to be good in this game is micro.

"Forum warriors" jesus this is getting pathetic.

you know if 90%, i'll be generous here, of the people disagree with you, it might not be because you are the sole arch defender of righteousness and truth. it is usually the opposite.

and like someone else said, your vision of the game and the balanced coh2 are mutually exclusive. and surprise surprise you are not even close to being a top player. and you hide behind that "i know the numbers and i got the logic", which logic, you just dont got imho, and numbers, which you get wrong/nit pick almost always.
7 Mar 2015, 01:42 AM
Patrion 28

winning means that you're good at the game. being good at something generally requires understanding it. the result is the importance placed on player cards.
7 Mar 2015, 01:43 AM

Iv gotten exactly 3 stats wrong, ever and mostly from the Coh2stats website being hard to read.

But most people don't actually try to argue or suggest anything, they just wander into threads and say "nerf this please" or vote "if you want to nerf this".

If you have a problem with what someone said, you need to put effort into refuting what they said or you come off as an angry nerd who is pissed because someone had a independent thought.

I'm not a top player, because I don't have the time to put into being one, but I do adore discussing the meta because I enjoy writing about things and analyzing things.
7 Mar 2015, 01:46 AM

winning means that you're good at the game. being good at something generally requires understanding it. the result is the importance placed on player cards.

Being good at this game requires a high level of micro and a rudimentary understanding of the counter system. You can easily coast to a high rank with out having a single complex thought about anything, and Iv met more than my fair share of players who fit that description.

People like Luvnest, Cruzz, and Sib have a leg to stand on when it comes to balance because they are good and because they put effort into exploring the meta.

Again:

High ranked = more likely to be knowledgeable, this doesn't mean that all high ranked players are knowledgeable, or that not as high ranked players know nothing.
7 Mar 2015, 01:50 AM

Permanently Banned

High ranked = more likely to be knowledgeable, this doesn't mean that all high ranked players are knowledgeable, or that not as high ranked players know nothing.

Low ranked = more likely to be less knowledgeable, this doesn't mean that all low ranked players are less knowledgeable. In ur case u are Less knowledgeable.

U got me with the "slow fire rate tiger" Bullshit

u have said many other dumb things as well
7 Mar 2015, 01:53 AM

My AT's are fairly high ranked but people don't care about that because reasons. Honestly I don't give a single shit about a players rank as long as what they say makes some sort of logical sense.

Oh dear someone said a stat wrong, better bring this up in every unrelated thread because I'm upset someone said something.
7 Mar 2015, 01:54 AM

your free to look it up if you want to, I don't care to post it because it's not relevant to the discussion in any way.

If your angry enough to demand to see another persons card you lost the argument a while ago.

Angry? I thought i ask it rather passively, but i like to see how much weight your words carry thats all, no offense intended.if you do feel, however, that your card isnt good, maybe you should work on your skills instead of being on the fourms.After all theres always that possibility that it may just be you, showing your card would be a good way to counter that.
7 Mar 2015, 02:54 AM
Honorary Member Badge

you know if 90%, i'll be generous here, of the people disagree with you, it might not be because you are the sole arch defender of righteousness and truth. it is usually the opposite.

Except when it's me telling people Relic are doing a good job and the game doesn't suck
7 Mar 2015, 03:04 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Playercard is useful in arguments about the amount of gamez one plays/preferred faction type, but other than that using it to argue about their skill lvl(to a certain degree)/knowledge cap/ability to make reasonable statements makes no sense in my eyes.

If I may say so I have observed the people who are genuinely good at the game conduct themselves with a certain degree of class and are the least likely to argue about player cards.

7 Mar 2015, 06:37 AM

Let me put it that way Alexzvandar (gosh could not you get simple Alexander :P )

If someone who says that 3 paras with thompsons will win against obers or smoke grenade is used to enemy can come to you, not for your charge and then gives me tips, there is something wrong.
7 Mar 2015, 06:58 AM

Let me put it that way Alexzvandar (gosh could not you get simple Alexander :P )

If someone who says that 3 paras with thompsons will win against obers or smoke grenade is used to enemy can come to you, not for your charge and then gives me tips, there is something wrong.

I had no idea your Thompson para's were engaging at that range, but with the smoke thing is that I almost never use it to assault enemy fortifications against good players since smoke is just a huge warning for them.

Smoke spam is great for dealing with blobs tho, and ninja capping.
7 Mar 2015, 07:04 AM

I had no idea your Thompson para's were engaging at that range, but with the smoke thing is that I almost never use it to assault enemy fortifications against good players since smoke is just a huge warning for them.

Smoke spam is great for dealing with blobs tho, and ninja capping.

Its same range like Paras-SP picture and you said it's close range... But this does not matter since they will always lose.

Or your statement about SP and PzGrens penalty. Problem is you dont know game's mechanic and very often you are wrong.
7 Mar 2015, 07:22 AM

Its same range like Paras-SP picture and you said it's close range... But this does not matter since they will always lose.

Or your statement about SP and PzGrens penalty. Problem is you dont know game's mechanic and very often you are wrong.

I fail to see how misremembering something that was actually in the game (but later removed) says that I'm always wrong.

And it's funny to, since Iv not yet met a single other poster on this site willing to admit they are wrong, they will just fight to the death to try and prove themselves right.

If I'm wrong about a stat, I admit I'm wrong.
7 Mar 2015, 07:39 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

dont really care about playercard, but when people have it not set I'll take them less seriously.
Making every post about one faction/side will lose most credibility anyways for me and these two things go usually hand in hand
Of course when youre above a certain rank micro plays a much bigger role than balance
7 Mar 2015, 09:07 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Whenever User A asks to see another User B's player card, immediately ignore User A. That's my advice. Further advice: do it with tuvok's awesome invisible user script! Even more advice: don't look at the balance forum. It is a hive of scum and villainy.

Player cards are nice, but reputations are better.
7 Mar 2015, 13:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Iv gotten exactly 3 stats wrong, ever and mostly from the Coh2stats website being hard to read.

they will just fight to the death to try and prove themselves right.

Funny you say this when we i personally had some discussion with you regarding:

-T3476 having good Rof > i showed how it has one of the worst Rof ingame
-Pak40 TwP failing to penetrate > IS2 is the most armored allied tank and it has no problem.
-Tiger and IS2 comparison.
-Tiger Ace being just a tiger vet3 > showed how it has more mg dps, sight, abilities, 200 more health. I know, it's just 1 more Jackson shot... Theres a reason having 1 more hp was OP (hp bulletins?).
7 Mar 2015, 15:53 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

smoke is just a huge warning for them.

Smoke spam is great for ninja capping.

Im sorry to pile it on but are you seriously saying smoke is bad when assaulting a Pak+MG wall or to block the sight of a JT/pak43 while you close in etc etc

Do you not know that smoke will make it rather annoying for the person to respond with those unit(s) that are smoked,even if they can attack ground or move? they cant see. They can react,but at a lower efficiency, No matter how good the player is.

units act retarded when smoke is around,especially support weapons. Do you play with american shermans at all?

if you use enough smoke it completely nullifies a group of units(ESPECIALLY defensively placed support weapons) in the heat of battle,allowing you to accomplish an objective(like swarming that tiger pakwall) A LOT easier,instead of losing a tank to one volley of 2 pak+tiger and faust fire. Even if they see the smoke they cant do anything about it if you properly execute an attack(including your infantry swarming under smoke cover and clearing the guns) 90% of the time. If i have 4 shermans ALL 4 are popping smoke if im gonna swarm a position,and that 120 muni will be damn worth it.

Ninja capping? If anything thats a warning to a good player that you're trying to ninja cap,and a quick attack ground through smoke used like that is a squad wipe,since youre not moving. youre just standing in a cloud of smoke. Lol
7 Mar 2015, 20:42 PM

Making every post about one faction/side will lose most credibility anyways for me and these two things go usually hand in hand

This, how can we discuss "balance" if most argument/posts/games played are one sided even in every thread? Balance should be looked at from both Allied and Axis perspectives.
7 Mar 2015, 20:51 PM

Im sorry to pile it on but are you seriously saying smoke is bad when assaulting a Pak+MG wall or to block the sight of a JT/pak43 while you close in etc etc

Do you not know that smoke will make it rather annoying for the person to respond with those unit(s) that are smoked,even if they can attack ground or move? they cant see. They can react,but at a lower efficiency, No matter how good the player is.

units act retarded when smoke is around,especially support weapons. Do you play with american shermans at all?

if you use enough smoke it completely nullifies a group of units(ESPECIALLY defensively placed support weapons) in the heat of battle,allowing you to accomplish an objective(like swarming that tiger pakwall) A LOT easier,instead of losing a tank to one volley of 2 pak+tiger and faust fire. Even if they see the smoke they cant do anything about it if you properly execute an attack(including your infantry swarming under smoke cover and clearing the guns) 90% of the time. If i have 4 shermans ALL 4 are popping smoke if im gonna swarm a position,and that 120 muni will be damn worth it.

Ninja capping? If anything thats a warning to a good player that you're trying to ninja cap,and a quick attack ground through smoke used like that is a squad wipe,since youre not moving. youre just standing in a cloud of smoke. Lol

If you throw smoke in advance normally the person if they are good will just reverse or begin using attack ground ability on the other side of the smoke.

Smoke for capping point is useful because if you use 2 nades you can cover a large amount of the point and make it quite hard for the person to guess were you are on the point (you should be on the edge of it, btw).

And while yes support weapons will get stupid around it, most good players have the micro to compensate.

Much like mines, smoke's usefulness drops off heavily when facing a good opponent. Iv killed many an Ostheers tanks because he thought he was being a smart ass using smoke launchers, same for USF.
8 Mar 2015, 07:34 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Nonsense

Yeah you completely lost me when you said "2 nades to sneak cap one point". Why the actual fuck would you have two rifle squads smoke a point just to capture it? Just walk up and cap the damn point,and if theres an MG42 near there then smoke and nade the MG with one squad,cap the point with the other,dont just smoke the point.

Maybe in a balls to the wall final rush at the middle VP when u have no VPs left with two tigers covering it..even then...a very questionable idea.

And then I about facedesked myself through my desk to China when you said mines usefulness drops off...if you're good at consistently constantly mining it will always bite and annoy your opponent unless hes God and never hits mines. Sure he can sweep them but its a LOT of trouble to sweep some mines when you just got pushed off the map and theres mines/demos/MGs/enemy forces everywhere by the time you get back,as is the case when playing a good player,especially sovs.

Id love to see someone micro a pak and Mg42 in a storm of snowy smoke not even knowing where the swarm of tanks and infantry will actually come from. you might get one lucky hit off using attack ground. before you get rekt because smoke is one of the best tools in the game when used offensively. I dont know how you can dispute that.

The point of smoke,mines,barbed wire etc is to stress the person out and make it hard for them. Can you #adapt if that tractor is wired off? Probably,but its gonna be 10x more annoying to assault that position than it wouldve been. Can you #adapt if the path to a MG in a house is wired off in a way that you have to run through Red cover and take unneccessary casualties/suppression to approach it? Yea.

when theres engines exploding everytime you try to be aggressive, and squads disapearring/getting knocked down to 2-3 men everytime you slightly walk away from the sweeper to cap that flank point,it gets discouraging,it makes you more cautious.(Game losingly cautious) it makes you make mistakes,game losing mistakes. it makes you angry and increasingly impatient,and it gets easier and fun for the other guy whos just using tools at his disposal,and chillin like a villain

When your raketen in the church isnt firing during a sherman rush because it got smoked'....I can go on and on
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
Russian Federation 33
United States 2
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L