Login

russian armor

Who needs heavy tanks...when you got...

4 Mar 2015, 02:27 AM

These babies....

I just started to use them again and holy crap they feel better. Between my US teammate and my Soviet teammate who went Motor coordination....we had loads of Panthers, some Tiger Is and a KT breathing down our necks on Rzhev...We only held the north VP by late game and it wasn't looking good....until I built this thing...I forgot the exact kill count but it was something like 50+ infantry, 6 vehicles (they only had Tigers and Panthers at the time...so jesus) and 4 or 5 OKW buildings...

Protected with some ZIS guns and a couple of SU-85s and it went to town...Do not regret not going the usual IS-2/I52/KV-1/8 route...their mortars, MGs, and infantry blobs just gradually vanished from the field after the relentless abuse they suffered trying to hold VPs (had a reduced cool-down bulletin too).

Soviets are in a REALLY good place right now. Just goes to show that at least on some maps...Axis late game can be punched in the mouth pretty hard even if you have not a single heavy on your team.

4 Mar 2015, 02:38 AM

To bad most players will continue to ignore Soviet indirect superiority for ~reasons~ and continue to lose matches because of it.
4 Mar 2015, 04:10 AM

I just had a game where my grens and panzer grens were whiped to stupid stuff like ziz barrage and 180 mm motor.

despite getting most of my units to vet 3, even a sniper with 30+ kills, rnjesus gave the 1v1 game to the soviet player.

4 man squad sizes and their vulnerability to whipe from rng indirect fire haven't changed at all.

Every-time i loose a squad to your lucky, polo shirt wearing ass, I am this (-) much closer to making the switch to OKW.

Remember that when I flame you for those two direct motor hits on my vet 3 grens.
4 Mar 2015, 04:55 AM

lol @ the german fanboys playing their first games of allies and playing with the ranked 10,000 opponents... and saying the game is fine

:snfBarton:

Coming from the guy who's played less than 20 3v3 games (what few game you have played are all as Ostheer...oh the irony)...that's rich. Like seriously what the hell do you know about balance in those game modes?

Watch out guys! This dude has played 2 1v1s as OKW! Totally knows what he's talking about!:facepalm:

Just lol, where do you get off calling ANYONE a fanboy?

And then in your brain you make this decision to just flame, for what reason/purpose exactly? Because I have a stahlhelm in my avatar? Bravo sport, that IS German WWII imagery! Must mean i'm a fanboy! .....Ooooooo, too bad it also means I've played 150x the games you have played as OKW, as Allies alone...

And I didn't say the game was fine, lol. Reading isn't your strong suit clearly, but that really isn't my problem. My point was that Soviets are strong, stronger than some might think even in late game 3v3+ scenarios. So...how incredibly stupid does someone have to be to join a thread with he above quoted as their opening statement? You are basically making no efforts to even mask the fact that you're being a belligerent prick, and on top of that you're one that has no idea what they're even commenting on.

Like wow....I don't this kind of twattery in my threads, thanks.
4 Mar 2015, 07:50 AM

How do you rate its anti tank performance? Worth giving up B4?
4 Mar 2015, 07:57 AM

It's the best area denial howitzer in the game.
m00
4 Mar 2015, 07:59 AM
Donator 11

walking stukas one shot it O_o
4 Mar 2015, 08:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2015, 07:59 AMm00

Mostly the stuka only decrew's weapons not destroys them. But he must have a fairly high vet stuka to be reaching your howitzers. And the stuka is not an area denial weapon.
4 Mar 2015, 09:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2015, 07:59 AMm00

edit: nvm, misread you
4 Mar 2015, 09:35 AM

Terrible. If it gets a hit it does the same damage as a normal penetrating hit, but good luck getting multiple hits on any tank. It won't ever do to a tank what the B4 can.
4 Mar 2015, 09:36 AM

It's the best area denial howitzer in the game.
That's not saying much.
4 Mar 2015, 09:38 AM

In team games ML-20 shines.
Now try to use it in 1v1.
In 8/10 cases it's waste of MP, pure rng (you can get 30 kills, or 5) and you are resigning from IS2, T34/85 or ISU.

Decrew = no veterancy.

B-4 over ML-20 all day long.

ML-20 is support, B-4 is game changer.

4 Mar 2015, 09:44 AM

I don't think it's worth it even in team games. The number of shells ml-20 and lefh fire make them barely an area denial tool. Besides chances are your opponent has stuka bomb/other arty to counter it.

I miss my lefh so much :(
4 Mar 2015, 09:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2015, 09:44 AMZtormi
I don't think it's worth it even in team games. The number of shells ml-20 and lefh fire make them barely an area denial tool. Besides chances are your opponent has stuka bomb/other arty to counter it.

I miss my lefh so much :(

Well, it's all about barraging OKW's trucks. Nothing more. Force to retreat and shoot at Med Truck but... Why would you go for ML20 if Katy can do same thing and is mobile?
4 Mar 2015, 09:59 AM

In team games ML-20 shines.
Now try to use it in 1v1.
In 8/10 cases it's waste of MP, pure rng (you can get 30 kills, or 5) and you are resigning from IS2, T34/85 or ISU.

Decrew = no veterancy.

B-4 over ML-20 all day long.

ML-20 is support, B-4 is game changer.

The rng of ur timing and awareness, indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V2Ynu9XAnY
4 Mar 2015, 10:03 AM

Well, it's all about barraging OKW's trucks. Nothing more. Force to retreat and shoot at Med Truck but... Why would you go for ML20 if Katy can do same thing and is mobile?

1 Katy=200 fuel (including tier and katy herself)=almost 1 IS2 (can make you very vulnerable, delaying ur callins/tanks, etc (specially in 1v1)).
4 Mar 2015, 10:11 AM

1 Katy=200 fuel (including tier and katy herself)=almost 1 IS2 (can make you very vulnerable, delaying ur callins/tanks, etc (specially in 1v1)).

Yes, in 1v1 that's obvious but in team games? It does not matter. You can easily make ML-20, Katy and 2 SU85s.

Although in 2v2 I really often go for B-4 + SU85 + KV1 as dmg sponge + Katy.
4 Mar 2015, 10:12 AM

4 Mar 2015, 11:17 AM

Soviet howitzers are better than their german counterparts and totally worth it. Adding the power of 120 mortar, B4 and katy, we can say taht indeed soviets are the best at indirect fire in the game and one should take this into account while playing soviets. Some will say yes BUT the wurframen.... Wurframen it's accurate, mobile and performs excellent but is the ONLY OKW devastating arty (besides offmaps), biggest reload time in the game if I'm not mistaking and it's short ranged.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★