Login

russian armor

Ladder & Matchmaking. Plz explain me

3 Mar 2015, 22:36 PM

Yes, explain me. Why as 1000+ player, I fight top 50 player EVERY TIME ? How does the ladder system ? Plz, explain. Thx.
3 Mar 2015, 22:42 PM

Low player numbers.

Even lower numbers for the competitive modes (1v1 and 2v2.) You see the same people all the time in those, and if no one in your ELO bracket is available it eventually gives you a game anyway.

You can stop and restart search every minute or so to stay in your bracket.
3 Mar 2015, 22:48 PM

Yes, explain me. Why as 1000+ player, I fight top 50 player EVERY TIME ? How does the ladder system ? Plz, explain. Thx.

This explains everything:
http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2014/09/19/matchmaking-in-company-of-heroes-2-and-elo/

TL;DR Because there are so few people playing at any time, the game has to find imperfect matches for you. This can result in facing people either way better or worse than you.

HOWEVER since the game uses hidden ELO, your opponent might be ranked much higher than you but are actually around the same skill level as yourself. Don't be discouraged by people's rank or time played, you'll only psych yourself out. Hell my friend and I play casually and get placed vs a lot of SturmTiger guys, Sib, etc and we still do well most of the time.
3 Mar 2015, 22:58 PM
Donator 33

Dont let high skill lvl people keep you down, analyze your games from replays and look for error´s or moments where you did very good, a good tip is to keep your units close so you can support eachother when the enemy decides to push you (learned from watching Paula MVGame)
4 Mar 2015, 10:50 AM
Patrion 14

Honestly, the best way to get good quickly is to get pounded into the ground repeatedly by players vastly above your skill level in 1v1 automatch, then watching the replays.
4 Mar 2015, 13:38 PM

I try to explain it shortly:

For example you are at rank 1.500.
The game will try to find players within Ranks 1.300 to 1.500.
If the game does not find a player in this area searching at the moment it will continue to look after players within Ranks 1.000 to 1.600 and so on.
AFAIK it will look for worse players slighty slower then for better ones. That means after a long time searching the chance is higher to meet a far better player than a far worse.

In addition if you have not played at least 10 games the game will include ALL players in it's search.
4 Mar 2015, 23:03 PM

What i find weird is how i can drop 800 positions on the ladder (from 4300-something to 5100-something) by losing to a player that is ranked around 140.
4 Mar 2015, 23:11 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

When i queue as USF 1v1 I always get top 150< unless im lucky.

I usually beat everyone in the 500-10000 range...so my ELO is probably high enough to not ruin these players day by being matched with them,and to challenge me everytime i play with a top 150 matchup,for the most part.

Which means when I decide to play OKW/OST/SOV 1v1,I get wayyyyy weaker opponents,which obviously usually means i dominate and cause ragequits,similar to making a smurf account.

@GuyFromTheSky SAME. Ill lose to a top 50 an drop 100 spots,then beat 6 top 500's in a row and barely go up 150 spots.

Like highfive said. Get at least 20 games in with all factions and all modes and youll see even matchups most of the time
6 Mar 2015, 01:33 AM

• I stalk the 1v1s....i hope i find you my dear prey
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight