Login

russian armor

4vs4 as allied

4 Mar 2015, 10:28 AM
Patrion 14

So the gist of the OP is that people would win more with allies if they utilized their faction strength more based on some nebulous notions of countering OKW forward truck placing.

Let's say for the sake of argument that this is true. So Allies need to do X differently to unlock some hidden potential of their factions in order to win.

My question is : why should this apply to Allies only? Why aren't Axis factions the ones who need to "think out of the box" and come up with intricate combined arms joint attack scenarios in order to merely get a chance of succeeding against overwhelming Allied power?
4 Mar 2015, 13:54 PM

My question is : why should this apply to Allies only? Why aren't Axis factions the ones who need to "think out of the box" and come up with intricate combined arms joint attack scenarios in order to merely get a chance of succeeding against overwhelming Allied power?

Because 4vs4 is not balanced :), As is said in the first post. I try to find strategies to win as allies for the moment because i really like this game and would like to keep having fun playing it.

This wouldn t be an issue with a good match making System, but i don t think there is enough Players on the game to have one.

4 Mar 2015, 15:43 PM

Hi, I really like The Company of Heroes Franchise and my favorite game type is 4vs4. even though OKW prevails most of the time in this kind of game because of the faction´s design, i think the allied could win more games by using the Speed and flexibility of their armies efficiently.

OKW´s strategy depends a lot on their truck, you will always find their troops massed around them. Last time i tried to attack their main base, which was defenceless, and to retreat before their troops came back. this actually really distrupted their main frontline and permitted my allies to crush their defence.

The OKW also use a lot of ressources on their trucks, ressources that can´t move for the rest of the game. The concentrated attack of 4 Players against one truck schould destroy it before any Counter attack come to support it. While all the other armies can retreat from a disavantageous engagement with few losses, the OKW will lose trucks and techs.

Think about a 1vs1 game. do you concentrate on the medical truck that heal and Support ennemy infantry ? or do you try to cut from his ressources and encircle him ? because in all 4vs4 game all the allied just Keep pushing against those trucks until the late game is here and it´s then GG.

Why do you want to spread all over the map to meet an enemy, who is stronger than yourself but can´t move ? on most map, the Focus of three Players on one side would be waaaaay more efficient than the usual 1vs1 face to face.

In the current game, you don´t want the axis to reach late game without winning some decisive Engagement. there is always a point when the axis forces reach a critical masse of tanks, and then, there is nothing you can do to win the game.

So even if there is obviously some Balance Problems in 4vs4, i think that if the allied would use the flexibilty and speed of their armies efficiently, they could still win a lot of games.

You mean BLOBBING...That i hope never happens again after the new patch release by Relic, which i expect it this month.
4 Mar 2015, 15:46 PM
Patrion 14

Oh definitely. I have the most fun playing 4v4 as Allies. Winning can be so satisfying, especially against competent Axis players. It would be nice if the game was balanced for team games first though.
4 Mar 2015, 15:55 PM

You mean BLOBBING...That i hope never happens again after the new patch release by Relic, which i expect it this month.

Bah not really. Blobbing is dangerous as allies considering the stuka zu fuss and the MGs/ FLAK truck suppression.

I meant to focus on one side of the map. it doesn t necessary mean blob.
4 Mar 2015, 16:16 PM

So the gist of the OP is that people would win more with allies if they utilized their faction strength more based on some nebulous notions of countering OKW forward truck placing.

Let's say for the sake of argument that this is true. So Allies need to do X differently to unlock some hidden potential of their factions in order to win.

Hard to have combined arms when you have no arms to combine. Give OKW some team weapons and Medium tanks please.

Ostheer has to use combined arms. There is only 2 faction's that don't, OKW and USF.
4 Mar 2015, 16:27 PM
Patrion 14

I disagree that OKW is lacking in the combined arms department, but it su sure as hell isn't the "regular" one with mortars and MGs. And neither is the US for that matter. That aside, I must say this is a rare instance of total agreement between the two of us. I would prefer if OKW had a proper nondoctrinal MG (instead we get kubels trolololo), and yes, I would love it if they had a medium tank. I feel if we drew away the focus a bit from Panthers and superheavies everywhere in team games, it would be a much healthier meta for both sides.
4 Mar 2015, 16:55 PM

Yeah OKW is lacking in the combined arms department, you have literally 0 Medium MBT's, your only assault gun is the fucking Sturmtiger, and your only reliable counter to allied armor beyond the shrek is the Panther.

Give OKW support weapons teams, medium tanks, and other options are trust me you won't see panther rushing every game anymore.
4 Mar 2015, 17:49 PM

what is the solution then?....Is any Balance patch on the way ?

Stop being canonfodder for oPw'lers and play 2v2 & 1v1.

Yeah OKW is lacking in the combined arms department

ofc they have combined arms, combine volksschrecks blob with oPer blob and add any tank. That's how opw does work in 3v3+
4 Mar 2015, 18:43 PM

Hard to have combined arms when you have no arms to combine. Give OKW some team weapons and Medium tanks please.

Ostheer has to use combined arms. There is only 2 faction's that don't, OKW and USF.

Not sure what you mean here at all.

OKW has the most useful set of units of any faction, it is just that they don't have to use them because Volks and Obers are so cost effective. Seriously though, there are only a few OKW units I would not use at all and as such they inherently have more combined arms. You seem to suggest that combined arms only counts if you have static weapon teams with mobile infantry.

USF doesn't have combined arms because rifles is all they can do.
4 Mar 2015, 19:00 PM
Patrion 14

it isnt impossible to win as allies like some ppl imply.

just harder. just dont make mistakes. M15 AA HT going over teller can be gg then and there but OKW AA HT going over m20 mine is just a set back.
4 Mar 2015, 19:01 PM

it isnt impossible to win as allies like some ppl imply.

just harder. just dont make mistakes. M15 AA HT going over teller can be gg then and there but OKW AA HT going over m20 mine is just a set back.

Even with perfect game still possible to lose as Allies against lesser German team.
4 Mar 2015, 19:26 PM

Not sure what you mean here at all.

OKW has the most useful set of units of any faction, it is just that they don't have to use them because Volks and Obers are so cost effective. Seriously though, there are only a few OKW units I would not use at all and as such they inherently have more combined arms. You seem to suggest that combined arms only counts if you have static weapon teams with mobile infantry.

USF doesn't have combined arms because rifles is all they can do.

OKW has good stock units, but no actual support units. You have 1 indirect fire unit, that's it. No mortar, no non-doctrine MG, no AT gun, no medium tanks.

You see lots of Volks ---> Obers ---> Panthers because there are very few things in between worth building if your doing okay early game. It's encouraged to rush your Schwer because it gives you the only tools you have to fight Allied medium armor reliably, and with the fuel penalty getting light vehicles is highly discouraged.

OKW AA HT going over m20 mine is just a set back.

What the fuck. The OKW fuel penalty makes every loss harder on it, not easier. At the 66% fuel income the loss of a OKW AA HT is 71.5 fuel down the drain.
4 Mar 2015, 19:39 PM

What the fuck. The OKW fuel penalty makes every loss harder on it, not easier. At the 66% fuel income the loss of a OKW AA HT is 71.5 fuel down the drain.

If it was a 4v4, OKW could care less with all the extra fuel as well as teammate cache...
4 Mar 2015, 19:50 PM

If it was a 4v4, OKW could care less with all the extra fuel as well as teammate cache...

Caches don't help OKW more than any other faction. If both sides build caches the timing between tanks hitting the field will be exactly the same at it was before.

And no OKW could care quite a lot since AA HT's are an early game light vehicle that delays your teching, your not going to have 2-3 fuel caches right at the start of the game unless you want your Ostheer support to have very little in the way of units.
4 Mar 2015, 19:52 PM

Do caches give OKW reduced amount of fuel?
4 Mar 2015, 19:56 PM

Do caches give OKW reduced amount of fuel?

Your fuel income is cut by a standard 33% from all sources except for picking up fuel crates from Luftwaffe.
4 Mar 2015, 19:59 PM

Your fuel income is cut by a standard 33% from all sources except for picking up fuel crates from Luftwaffe.
...and base sector.
4 Mar 2015, 20:02 PM

...and base sector.

Not really that big of a deal, since it would mean your getting 4 fuel inside of 6, which is only 2 less.
4 Mar 2015, 20:33 PM

Not really that big of a deal, since it would mean your getting 4 fuel inside of 6, which is only 2 less.

Actually, that's a free Luchs in average game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★