Login

russian armor

4vs4 as allied

4 Mar 2015, 03:14 AM

Seriously, I would encourage everybody to make the plunge and try 1v1s. Its just alot more fun.

But the truth is most people are too afraid to try extensive 1v1's as its very unnerving and the sole reliance on yourself makes you constantly suspect that the enemy is everywhere and always has the upper hand (when most times its obviously not true). Fortunately, its very entertaining to watch other people play 1v1 as the stress is on another person's back, and a lot can be learned without undergoing the stress it takes to play tough 1v1's.

A proper 2v2 with a teammate that you have communication with imo is the most fun - except my partners keep on quitting and uninstalling CoH2 in the absence of balance patches such as now...
4 Mar 2015, 03:25 AM

i always go rifle company so i can get riflegrenade from the getgo

kubel is so fucking OP

:snfBarton:

This a trap you really don't want to fall into, Rifle company is a really shit doctrine.
4 Mar 2015, 03:39 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This a trap you really don't want to fall into, Rifle company is a really shit doctrine.

Care to elaborate? I always thought it was very good.
4 Mar 2015, 03:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2015, 03:39 AMTobis

Here, here.

The E8's are wayyy too expensive for what they do, and come way too late. The flamers and phosphorus are nothing more than a munitions sink, and what you're left with are rifles which, I suppose can be handy in the first 2 minutes timing wise, flanking a position quickly, or replacing a squad lost in the late game, giving them a leg up from stock, but otherwise you're left fighting without any doctrinal units or abilities which realllly hamstring you. They don't match the flexibility in the airborne or... and I know Alexzandvar will disagree with me, Recon.
4 Mar 2015, 03:54 AM

And then you realize you can use that 2nd squad to flank the kübel while the other one i being suppressed forcing the kübel back or killing it.

lol

looks like someone doesn't get insta-chokepointed on semois ;)
4 Mar 2015, 03:54 AM

lol

looks like someone doesn't get insta-chokepointed on semois ;)

pop your first RE in your cutoff building, job done.
4 Mar 2015, 04:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2015, 03:39 AMTobis

The Easy Eight won't get you anywhere if the regular Sherman isn't. The white phosphorous can't even kill infantry, the flamers are quite volatile, and veteran riflemen are just a big fat waste of MP when rifles aren't even that harder to vet up.

It looks good on paper, but in practice I don't find it filling any of USF's holes like the other docs do. Infantry gives you indirect fire and LMG's, air borne lets you get he AT gun/ .50 cal with out teching.
4 Mar 2015, 04:17 AM

Here, here.

The E8's are wayyy too expensive for what they do, and come way too late. The flamers and phosphorus are nothing more than a munitions sink, and what you're left with are rifles which, I suppose can be handy in the first 2 minutes timing wise, flanking a position quickly, or replacing a squad lost in the late game, giving them a leg up from stock, but otherwise you're left fighting without any doctrinal units or abilities which realllly hamstring you. They don't match the flexibility in the airborne or... and I know Alexzandvar will disagree with me, Recon.

Recon is my favorite USF doctrine.
4 Mar 2015, 05:03 AM

The thing about winning as allies is first you got to have rush fuel early game. That way if you get tanks fast enough (which I found they get them first before axis) then you should try to inflict as much damage ( and territory capture) as you can without losing your tanks since you got a moment of advantage. However, that's a bit difficult because of kubelwagens so you always need a soviet players just because Americans can't counter that one unit.

Of course if you destroy the trucks it will set back an axis player by a lot but destroying one isn't that easy task you got to rely on their unwise placements or neglect for that to succeed. The best way to win is actually too hope that the Axis players don't choose the right doctrine and capitalize on that. It's really a doctrine war, you go B4 Axis go Stuka dive bomb, you go ISU axis go Jadg, because if you don't get either of those as axis you're fucked. Heavy tanks or Heavy artillery rule the game it's all about the doctrines.
4 Mar 2015, 05:07 AM

Okay this is getting nonsensical. Infantry counters the kubel, moving to the left or right counters it.
4 Mar 2015, 05:49 AM

Recon is my favorite USF doctrine.

sorry, i was getting everyone's position confused from the canister shot thread.

and yeah, that kubel-- the counter much like any weapons team is low level tactics.
4 Mar 2015, 05:57 AM

Rifles Doc usefulness depends on map. If there many close combat (lienne right) or buildings (ettelbruck) it is super good. Spam rifles, spam elite rifles, rush bars, roll over everything, never tech past t1 and dump all free mp into fuel caches.

Thing is in scenario where there is only one usf player, that usf player should go jacksons, because they THAT good, and therefore, there is no reason to play rifles.

Recon only semi-useful thanks to pathfinders barrage, aside form it this doctrine is total garbage.
4 Mar 2015, 06:05 AM

Rifles Doc usefulness depends on map. If there many close combat (lienne right) or buildings (ettelbruck) it is super good. Spam rifles, spam elite rifles, rush bars, roll over everything, never tech past t1 and dump all free mp into fuel caches.

Thing is in scenario where there is only one usf player, that usf player should go jacksons, because they THAT good, and therefore, there is no reason to play rifles.

Recon only semi-useful thanks to pathfinders barrage, aside form it this doctrine is total garbage.

this sounds absurd and counter-intuitive to me. what's your build order?
4 Mar 2015, 06:08 AM

this sounds absurd and counter-intuitive to me. what's your build order?

Double rifles into double call-in rifles into lieutenant into ambulance into bars, everything past bars depends on global situation/enemy tiers, but, most likely, as i said above, it is fuel caches (which, btw, give much needed cp's) into e8's.
4 Mar 2015, 06:21 AM

Double rifles into double call-in rifles into lieutenant into ambulance into bars, everything past bars depends on global situation/enemy tiers, but, most likely, as i said above, it is fuel caches (which, btw, give much needed cp's) into e8's.

when do the E8's arrive?
i foresee stugIII's and flakht's ripping this to shreds.
4 Mar 2015, 06:33 AM

when do the E8's arrive?
i foresee stugIII's and flakht's ripping this to shreds.

Depends how successfuly you play your rifles, can't say more precise, coz last my game was month ago, lol. But they come before panthers, tigers, and other heavy stuff.

And Stugs? Nobody builds stugs in 3v3/4v4, its either t3 for double p4 into tigers or heavy t1 with double at guns into panthers or other more complicated stuff. For flak you have your own aa, m20 crews with zooks, and allies for everything else.
4 Mar 2015, 06:33 AM

What is the Greyhound? The added sight bonus on infantry in cover is also great because it lets you sight for your .50 cals and FP's really easy.
4 Mar 2015, 06:39 AM

What is the Greyhound?

M20 without smoke, which comes too late and dies to p2/shrecks/at guns/mg incendiary rounds/vetted obers. Yes, canister is amazing, but if there 2 volks with shrecks, driving close to them is suicide. I use greyhound only to spot for jacksons.
4 Mar 2015, 06:44 AM

Permanently Banned
This game is horribly un balanced.

Dont play allies in team games unless u have a very good AT
4 Mar 2015, 07:26 AM

I play mostly soviet with a 4 conscripts opening. Counter the kübel also depends on map (if there is enough building cover ect...).But here is a tip, when the kübel withdraw to repair you schould always follow it to finish it and not capture territory. the Asspios seem to take extra damage when they repair.

For me an other big problem is the übersoldaten. they are absolutly ridiculous. they stay in the middle of a battlefield and wipe conscript in green cover. ok it s a T4 unit, ok conscript is not the best unit in the game, but CoH is a game where you are supposed to use the battlefield and cover. Here you have a unit that you can use on attack move.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★