Login

russian armor

Relic, hold-fire button please & better priority

2 Mar 2015, 07:54 AM

There is enough space to make both, hold-fore and vehicle priority. Both are useful in different situations.

Many times OKW player is using truck just to uncover my AT Gun or I can't make a trap because it will shoot instantly at the end of the range. Hold fire button would add more depth.
Not to mention Jacksons and AT guns shooting infantry with turned on vehicle priority...

Better priority as well. My AA truck was chasing almost dead Puma. 1 shot and its gone. Suddenly, behind the trees, raketen showed up. Nothing special BUT my AA truck immediately has switched target for raketen what causes:
1. Shot from Puma which should be dead.
2. 2 Shots from raketen because I wanted to finish that Puma, so I click to attack it again, so raketen has a time to shoot second time but that's not the point.
3. Dead AA truck.

While it should be different. If Im chasing unit, I clicked to attack it, nothing should force my unit to switch target. I should finish that Puma (I would not take a shot from it), take a shot from raketen and then retreat. Simple, right? There should something over priority, for example, when I order to attack excatly that unit, it should be somehow combined and be over priority.

Situations when Im chasing unit to finish it but suddenly my unit is switching to other target should not take a place.
2 Mar 2015, 19:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Being asked so many times. And still waiting...
2 Mar 2015, 20:02 PM
Patrion 14

just no brainer really..........
3 Mar 2015, 03:00 AM
Donator 11

I said i rather have hold fire on my AT guns than prioritize tanks.

My AT guns murdered tanks in the patch that hold fire was in. Just let a tank drive well into two AT gun range so they have both time to fire twice and its almost certainly a dead tank. But people wanted the easy and lowskillcap button.
4 Mar 2015, 10:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2015, 03:00 AMspajn

It's not like we can't have both... I mean, we had hold fire but then Relic has changed it to vehicle priority... Why change it if there is enough space for both? ;)
4 Mar 2015, 10:55 AM
Donator 11

exactly. i always found it funny that AT weapons shoot at inf. Why? just make that schrecks, paks/at guns... dont shoot inf at all and give AT guns hold fire. voila!
4 Mar 2015, 12:59 PM

Yesterday, 2 panthers got away from me - one with gun destroyed, second one shot away from death too. My T-34-85s just pointed their guns in opposite direction all the way to enemy base, where I almost got pfausted.

I've suffered major butthurt.

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2015, 03:00 AMspajn

My AT guns murdered tanks in the patch that hold fire was in. Just let a tank drive well into two AT gun range so they have both time to fire twice and its almost certainly a dead tank. But people wanted the easy and lowskillcap button.

Wasn't that the same patch where Pak-40 rate of fire was seriously nerfed?
4 Mar 2015, 13:11 PM

for AT just click move and dont station them yet
4 Mar 2015, 13:22 PM

IMO all AT guns should spawn with the "Only shoot at tanks" ability activated from the start. I don't see any point in shooting at infantry with my PaK.
4 Mar 2015, 14:10 PM

IMO all AT guns should spawn with the "Only shoot at tanks" ability activated from the start. I don't see any point in shooting at infantry with my PaK.

4 Mar 2015, 15:24 PM

There is enough space to make both, hold-fore and vehicle priority. Both are useful in different situations.

Many times OKW player is using truck just to uncover my AT Gun or I can't make a trap because it will shoot instantly at the end of the range. Hold fire button would add more depth.
Not to mention Jacksons and AT guns shooting infantry with turned on vehicle priority...

Better priority as well. My AA truck was chasing almost dead Puma. 1 shot and its gone. Suddenly, behind the trees, raketen showed up. Nothing special BUT my AA truck immediately has switched target for raketen what causes:
1. Shot from Puma which should be dead.
2. 2 Shots from raketen because I wanted to finish that Puma, so I click to attack it again, so raketen has a time to shoot second time but that's not the point.
3. Dead AA truck.

While it should be different. If Im chasing unit, I clicked to attack it, nothing should force my unit to switch target. I should finish that Puma (I would not take a shot from it), take a shot from raketen and then retreat. Simple, right? There should something over priority, for example, when I order to attack excatly that unit, it should be somehow combined and be over priority.

Situations when Im chasing unit to finish it but suddenly my unit is switching to other target should not take a place.

Nice story Bro, all I read is the OKW players using tactic saving his Puma, what's wrong with it?
Similar tactic like using another unit as meat shield covering wounded unit back to safety.
4 Mar 2015, 16:08 PM

You could even make it a cycle ability with 3 modes instead of 2 under a single button. Start with free fire, press once for vehicle only, press 2 times for hold fire, press a third time to return to free fire.
4 Mar 2015, 16:09 PM

Nice story Bro, all I read is the OKW players using tactic saving his Puma, what's wrong with it?
Similar tactic like using another unit as meat shield covering wounded unit back to safety.

You really don't know what is wrong? REALLY?

Im chasing unit, raketen jumps out around the corner and shoot my AA truck. It's fine. Nothing wrong. But my AA truck, which is chasing Puma and which I ordered to shoot at Puma, switches target to Raketen.

What's the point of switching target from almost dead Puma which is in range to full health raketen?

I don't see any tactic here. Just bad priority design. Please, shine me.

Imagine, you are chasing almost dead Panther with Jackson. You just shooted and it need 1 more shot. Suddenly, pak40 shows up and your Jackson switches target to pak40 instead of shooting Panther. This is stupid and broken.
4 Mar 2015, 16:20 PM
Benefactor 115

Imagine, you are chasing almost dead Panther with Jackson. You just shooted and it need 1 more shot. Suddenly, pak40 shows up and your Jackson switches target to pak40 instead of shooting Panther. This is stupid and broken.

it won't switch to pak40, that's the point.
AA HT is mainly AI so yes it will give higher priority to infantry, Tank Destroyers will obviously give priority to tanks.
Auto target priority on low health units lowers skill cap
4 Mar 2015, 16:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2015, 16:20 PMtuvok

it won't switch to pak40, that's the point.
AA HT is mainly AI so yes it will give higher priority to infantry, Tank Destroyers will obviously give priority to tanks.

And this is my point.
There should be something over priority. If I command to attack that unit it should attack no matter what.
Switching from almost dead target to full health target has no logic.
4 Mar 2015, 16:27 PM
Benefactor 115

And this is my point.
There should be something over priority. If I command to attack that unit it should attack no matter what.
Switching from almost dead target to full health target has no logic.

If you right-clicked an enemy tank the target is switched only if the enemy unit goes out of sight, not randomly, the alternative would be not shooting at all
4 Mar 2015, 16:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2015, 16:27 PMtuvok

If you right-clicked an enemy tank the target is switched only if the enemy unit goes out of sight, not randomly, the alternative would be not shooting at all

I guess not. I was chasing Puma, Puma was in range, then my AA truck has switched target to raketen and I immediately commanded to shoot again at Puma. Looked like gun was damn confused becasue is started rotate to face raketen but during this I commanded to shoot at Puma again.

I will ask my teammate if he still has a replay.
4 Mar 2015, 17:08 PM

You really don't know what is wrong? REALLY?

Im chasing unit, raketen jumps out around the corner and shoot my AA truck. It's fine. Nothing wrong. But my AA truck, which is chasing Puma and which I ordered to shoot at Puma, switches target to Raketen.

What's the point of switching target from almost dead Puma which is in range to full health raketen?

I don't see any tactic here. Just bad priority design. Please, shine me.

If you right click on the Puma with your AAHT, it MUST chase it and attack it in his LOS, that's always true.

So in your case, there are only these happened,

1) You used A move, so it attack the Raketen.
2) Puma is out of its range and got out of the LOS.
3) You clicked on the ground, so it choose the Raketen.

Either 3 options are the OKW player did his job great and you screwed up, period.

It happens in COH1 too, if the Panther got out of the range of M10 and a Pak38 or a Gren is in its range, of course he would shoot the Pak or Gren. However, it is least likely happening because M10 speed > Panther.
4 Mar 2015, 17:12 PM

Permanently Banned
When will u guys realize that relic doesn't not care about their own game?

Its sad to see such dedicated people waste their time
4 Mar 2015, 17:14 PM

When will u guys realize that relic doesn't not care about their own game?

Its sad to see such dedicated people waste their time

Before you stop trolling here, I doubt that anyway.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight