Login

russian armor

Russian engineers

2 Mar 2015, 03:20 AM

to be honest second cheapest engineer in the game.. can lay mine have upgraded flamethrower which crits almost everything and lays down demos all for a super measily 170 mp.. 2 off these guys cost nothing and together can rack havock when in scout cars...
2 Mar 2015, 03:22 AM

Here's some lube, you'll need it in a few.
2 Mar 2015, 04:38 AM
Patrion 27

Mother of God tell me this is a troll thread. Are you saying combat Engineers are OP...? :rofl:

Their dps actually got nerfed a while back. Yeah.
2 Mar 2015, 05:07 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

lol l2p noobs CE spam meta is best meta

If you are making any other unit you aren't trying. Get with the times.
2 Mar 2015, 06:45 AM

As a German player:
*Looks at Soviet base in the fog of war*
- No building detectable -

"Oh my god... CE SPAM!!! *Surrender*, gg"
2 Mar 2015, 07:07 AM

Combat engineer spam eh...? Challenge accepted...
2 Mar 2015, 07:58 AM

Well, there was already quite some time since the game spawned a player so horribad that he made a "combat engies OP" thread.

And now the history repeats itself.
2 Mar 2015, 08:11 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Well, there was already quite some time since the game spawned a player so horribad that he made a "combat engies OP" thread.

And now the history repeats itself.

Come back when you've got less than a 10-1 post to game ratio and talk, perhaps. Your forum-warrior behaviour is not appreciated, especially if you insult a player better than you in the first place.

I'd say CEs are the best of the standard engineer units, not only for the cost and the explosives they lay but also for how well they work with the rest of the faction- M3s, forcing sweepers instead of flamers right from the get go from the enemy, all that. That being said, I don't think they're too good- it's more of pioneers being poor in comparison.
2 Mar 2015, 08:15 AM

Strummingbird I don't mean to insult anyone, but come on, CEs op?
It forces at least grin.
2 Mar 2015, 08:18 AM

Not op, but why pios cost 200 mp while CE cost 170 mp?
2 Mar 2015, 08:20 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Strummingbird I don't mean to insult anyone, but come on, CEs op?
It forces at least grin.

Did he call them OP? He didn't call them OP.

2 Mar 2015, 16:52 PM

first of all i never said they where op.. what im stating is that they are very versatile for there cost where pioneers aren't as versatile.. cons spam with 2 too 3 engineers laying mines and demos is almost everyone's go to sov strat and its just soo good.. doo to the low mp risk and straight to callins
2 Mar 2015, 16:57 PM

I think Relic nerfed (or changed the rifle behavior) when Redwing became famous with his CE openings few months ago.
2 Mar 2015, 16:57 PM

Not op, but why pios cost 200 mp while CE cost 170 mp?

Due to pioneers being able to go toe to toe to conscripts in close combat.
2 Mar 2015, 17:03 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2015, 16:57 PMBurts

Maybe in an older patch where the pioneers not only had better MP40s, but also Conscript accuracy at mid-long was even more abysmal than it is now, but unless you're distracting the cons and no one looks and shoots at the Pios they'll generally lose pretty badly and they bleed 25 MP per model. They are only really good at defending grens against the charge, but enemies can then shoot at mid-range while your pios only tickle them.
2 Mar 2015, 17:08 PM

I think Relic nerfed (or changed the rifle behavior) when Redwing became famous with his CE openings few months ago.

I don't believe that was the reason, but yes, CEs got nerfed version of mosins, they used to have same guns as conscripts, now they are only slightly less blind then RETs(RETs also have more flexibility as they can carry AT, scale somewhat for combat, build fighting positions).

Soviet units usually have great synergy while ost ones can work on their own.
2 Mar 2015, 18:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2015, 16:57 PMBurts

If they lose a single model they won't be able to beat out cons unless your opponent gets really unlucky. Pio's either need demo charges/more utility like CE or a price reduction.
2 Mar 2015, 18:14 PM

If they lose a single model they won't be able to beat out cons unless your opponent gets really unlucky. Pio's either need demo charges/more utility like CE or a price reduction.

I'm not saying that pioneers will beat conscripts. Infact most of the time they will lose. But they can still win if they round a corner or something like that.

And they are definately fine. Ever played againts captainsprice pioneer flamer spam strat? That guy spams out like 4 flamers and blobs them like mad.
2 Mar 2015, 18:26 PM

Lol Bananas, I think we played recently on Crossing. Killed like 4 of your squads and one PIV with mines and demos, case in point. ;)

That said, I think CEs are just fine. Demos however...should not be in this game in their current iteration, they are just too powerful and there is too limited counterplay.
3 Mar 2015, 08:05 AM

The only thing I can remember is, they were mistakenly give Cons' Nagant rifle, and that made them kinda OP. They've fixed it.

They do have a lot of utility, but OP?? come one man.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 92
unknown 47
unknown 10
United States 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %