Total votes: 70
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
28 Feb 2015, 12:26 PM

Vote if you want or no Stronger arty
28 Feb 2015, 12:40 PM

No, it's just fine 67%

Oh, how surprising. Blobbers gonna blob.usfusfokwokwsovietssoviets
28 Feb 2015, 12:50 PM

I think it takes too long to come down. (off map)
28 Feb 2015, 12:53 PM

I think it takes too long to come down. (off map)

Thats a sign of weakness.
28 Feb 2015, 13:22 PM

Artillery damage is fine.

IMO what it needs is for it to have area suppression, in a larger radius than the explosion damage. Currently hit or miss on individual squads makes getting any worth out of a field gun a massive gamble of RNG, a large and reliable suppressive effect would pay off much more reliably without making it into magic orbital laser strikes of death (Looking at you, you POS, Stuka Zu Fuss)
28 Feb 2015, 13:23 PM

Some should be stronger, some are already very strong.
28 Feb 2015, 13:43 PM

Yes, please make a DLC code name Little Boy then drop it on coh2 and end this agony. This way we can all move on with our lives.
28 Feb 2015, 13:43 PM

Stronger tube artillery.not stronger katyushas.
28 Feb 2015, 15:17 PM

Damage is fine, the problem is when the blobber sees the flares, their either retreat to a forward position and come back (USF/OWK) in no time, or they simply move out of it's AOE and you end up with 0 muni.
28 Feb 2015, 19:16 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Please Don't, I get PTSD flashbacks whenever I see this picture.

I like the suppression idea some people are mentioning.
28 Feb 2015, 19:34 PM

Some onmap artillery is fine or even op such as the B4, katjusha, Stuka zu Fuß...
But some other onmap arty is UP, I mean the static ones of Sov and Ost.

Offmap artillery is almost non existent in CoH2 because it takes longer to come down and the enemy GETS A NOTIFICATION! In vCoh there was the red smoke, ok but if the arty came on a different part of the map then it was effective.
28 Feb 2015, 19:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

IMO what it needs is for it to have area suppression, in a larger radius than the explosion damage. Currently hit or miss on individual squads makes getting any worth out of a field gun a massive gamble of RNG, a large and reliable suppressive effect would pay off much more reliably without making it into magic orbital laser strikes of death (Looking at you, you POS, Stuka Zu Fuss)

That's an interesting idea, definitely would make static arty more useful and punishes blobs when it doesn't just get lucky and one-shots squads.
28 Feb 2015, 20:21 PM

Artillery damage is fine.

Yeah it's so unbalanced that OKW only indirect fire unit which costs 100 fuel in a fuel starved faction is good.

If OKW had more indirect options I could see the need for a nerf to the Stuka Zu Fuss, but right now it's basically your only counter (other than getting lucky with infiltration nades) to building garrisoning.

OKW needs static howitzers (which could help deal with the MP float they have), and USF needs some static howitzers as well. The LeFH either needs to be returned to it's original status or needs to be improved in some other way. The 152 needs to fire more shells, and the B4 is fine as it is atm, if maybe losing the direct fire ability and gaining a simple attack tank mode (so it basically becomes an AT gun with a long reload).

People love to complain about blobbing, but nobody wants to put more blob counters into the game. The ultimate blob counter is artillery/indirect fire, which is why allies are currently in the lead for best blob countering.
28 Feb 2015, 20:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2015, 19:16 PMTobis
Please Don't, I get PTSD flashbacks whenever I see this picture.

I like the suppression idea some people are mentioning.

I've got advise for you:
Veto this abomination of a map that never suited coh2 gameplay and army dynamics and continue to criticize it whenever you see relic employee until they will regain sanity and remove it from the automatch rotation.

It was awesome map in coh1(which I still didn't liked, the map ofc) and is absolutely horrible map in coh2, rivaling even both pripyat variants.

That being said, lessering arty scatter or increasing number of shells could be helpful, its not like arty doctrines outside of B-4 which is only reliable one are popular anyway.
28 Feb 2015, 21:07 PM

usf major artillary really needs a nerf
28 Feb 2015, 21:10 PM

usf major artillary really needs a nerf
Is that sarcasm or do you actually believe that?
28 Feb 2015, 21:57 PM

Permanently Banned
Artillery is no skill. No thanks. Please see coh1 if you enjoy getting all your units blown to shit every game.
28 Feb 2015, 22:31 PM

Artillery is no skill. No thanks. Please see coh1 if you enjoy getting all your units blown to shit every game.

Yea. Right. BLOB is the skill...
28 Feb 2015, 22:54 PM

If OKW had more indirect options I could see the need for a nerf to the Stuka Zu Fuss, but right now it's basically your only counter (other than getting lucky with infiltration nades) to building garrisoning.

Multitudes of grenades, including infiltration for a bargain bin 10 minu. Sturmpioneers, Fallschirms and IRSTG Obers at close range. Flack Halftracks do wonderful building damage, Sturmtigers remove them completely. OKW is not lacking in counters to garrisoned buildings, just pick your side of approach with a little sense.

Not that the stuka, IMO, needs less powerful shells.

It just should have scatter, like every other arty piece in the entire game forever.

You pay fuel for massive and lethal rocket artillery. You pay munitions and get vet, with literally any other arty piece ever, for precision shots. OKW are exempt as usual because their initial design was trash and they've not been properly revised to account for their new income and territory demands.

Vet 1/2 for StukaZu Fuss giving it a walking barrage makes it balanced. It already has the power to justify its cost.

But I digress.
28 Feb 2015, 23:06 PM

Multitudes of grenades, including infiltration for a bargain bin 10 minu. Sturmpioneers, Fallschirms and IRSTG Obers at close range. Flack Halftracks do wonderful building damage, Sturmtigers remove them completely. OKW is not lacking in counters to garrisoned buildings, just pick your side of approach with a little sense.

Not that the stuka, IMO, needs less powerful shells.

It just should have scatter, like every other arty piece in the entire game forever.

You pay fuel for massive and lethal rocket artillery. You pay munitions and get vet, with literally any other arty piece ever, for precision shots. OKW are exempt as usual because their initial design was trash and they've not been properly revised to account for their new income and territory demands.

Vet 1/2 for StukaZu Fuss giving it a walking barrage makes it balanced. It already has the power to justify its cost.

But I digress.

The infiltration nades are a gamble, and the person can get out of the building. Sturms need to be right next to a building to possibly have the chance to killing the squad in the building, but they can get model sniped and not have enough DPS. Ober StG's are good, and if your using the Sturmtiger to kill buildings your wasting your shells.

But the point is the Stuka is OKW's only indirect fire, and yes it's the best counter to buildings for cost. OKW should have more options in indirect fire including traditional howitzers.

Just make it so you have to convert 2 trucks in order to place Howitzers, or make them doctrinal. I don't care, I just want some bloody indirect fire to deal with this support weapon weapon spam.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 166
unknown 5
unknown 1
United States 23

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %