Login

russian armor

COH2's IDEAL future in YOUR opinon

27 Feb 2015, 17:15 PM

give COH franchise to Blizzard entertainment.
27 Feb 2015, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2015, 16:34 PMspajn

Cover hugging advances means one good grenade and gg and even with cover hugging your men will most probably get the cold debuff and once you got the debuff it wont go away with just sticking to cover, you need warmth either from fire or buildings. Also units in blizzards are visable when they open fire so that means when you spot one of his units and all yours open fire then you are at a disadvantage because he can see all or most of your units while you can only see the one you are firing at.

Yes sometimes it can work out but it is just a risky advance and thats why most players just switch to pure defense durings blizzards unless they don't got a choice.

Well everyone has their own playstyle and attacking in blizzards is a risk I am willing to take and also if you find a player who like to attack in blizzards put mines near fire pits or even better a democharge
27 Feb 2015, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2015, 06:04 AMPorygon
Remake COH1 or do nothing. COH2 strategic depth is too shallow and too nubs friendly, it's beyond salvation.

This ^^
27 Feb 2015, 23:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2015, 06:04 AMPorygon
Remake COH1 or do nothing. COH2 strategic depth is too shallow and too nubs friendly, it's beyond salvation.

I'll tell you why you feel that way. In CoH1, Axis had the brute force and Allies had the gimmicks and tricks like Sticky Bombs and Greyhounds that could flank and deal great DPS at the rear armor; giving you a reason to flank.

In CoH2 Axis has the better of everything and then some. Sturm Offiziers, Command Tanks, Artillery Field Officer, Panzerschreck, Pak43, these stuff are wholly unique for Axis (could list more) but Allies don't get much, leaving them with a bland faction design that banks on the Axis player screwing up at some point or overwhelming them through repetitive, memorized tactics executed by using doctrines used countless times.

So yeah, give the stock Allied factions some ground to stand on and you'll find the game will get better. Of course, if you want the insta-pin MG's from CoH1 and you call that strategic depth, then your opinion of strategic depth is twisted and not really something I can agree with. Just being cautious here.
28 Feb 2015, 09:21 AM

Please don't compare CoH1 with CoH2. Their only similarity is the name.
28 Feb 2015, 10:21 AM

What I'd like to see is a complete redesign of OKW and USF. They suffer from the OF faction syndrome, where their infantry and shock units are too fucking strong and take little skill to use, but if you nerf them the faction becomes useless because there is so little depth to it. The USF design has some redeeming elements to it (the 'unlock tech by purchasing officer squads' system is quite interesting), but OKW is just straight up awful.

I'd like squad spacing/AI or late game AoE changed so random RNG squad wipes are no longer the way to win.

I'd like to see LMGs nerfed, they remove so much depth from infantry combat because your unit has an advantage at any range and it discourages flanking and fluid infantry combat since trying to get into a better position not only loses you a lot of firepower (unless you have paras or obers) but also means you take a ton of damage since their long range DPS is so high.

I'd like to see the rebalancing of some blatantly obvious pay2win commanders like Ostheer Mechanized (play some 1v1 Ost v. USF and tell me it's not the best doc 90% of the time).

Of course, if you want the insta-pin MG's from CoH1 and you call that strategic depth, then your opinion of strategic depth is twisted and not really something I can agree with. Just being cautious here.

Damn, never thought I'd read this. One of the best parts about CoH1 was the MG42 mechanic. You really had to flank and outposition your opponent. It was one of the most fun parts of the early game and you could easily differentiate the good players from the bad. Nowadays every Ostheer player just gets one at most and just spams grens instead because the HMG42 is so shitty.
28 Feb 2015, 10:49 AM

Damn, never thought I'd read this. One of the best parts about CoH1 was the MG42 mechanic. You really had to flank and outposition your opponent. It was one of the most fun parts of the early game and you could easily differentiate the good players from the bad. Nowadays every Ostheer player just gets one at most and just spams grens instead because the HMG42 is so shitty.

Very true, COH1 MG42 are very powerful when used right, possibly single handed able to wreck any low level play, Rifles got themselves in the arc of fire would be annihilated less than 10 seconds if they don't retreat, that forced the Allies doing good, rewarding flank attacks. Once flanked, the MG42 is very vulnerable and risked given to the Allies.

I recalled a game in last month a top 20 Wehr trying to do a 3 MG42 pin in Angoville and got wrecked by my 3 Rifles nade play, twice games in a row. Then I played the COH2 USF with the very same build order but got wrecked, infantry of COH2 are too slow to do this kind of decent flank. It is like the game itself encourage you to blob up the Rifles and smoke the MG instead of flanking it.

Wehrmarct doing their art of defence, US doing their art of flanking, that's what COH1 shine.

More than that, lack of global upgrades, shallow resource point system, extreme linear of teching, infantry got phased out by heavy armour, ease of comeback because of callin system, shallow popcap and upkeep system, shallow target/armor table, are the main flaws of COH2. They will never get changed anyway.

Can COH2 have

- the exciting turning tide when Rifles popping their BAR in the mid of their flanking?
- viability of Wehrmarct using so many different and working build order?
- mines, that supposed to deter flank instead of plainly, stupidly squad wipe?
- the ease of US/Wehr punishing Wehr/PE/Brit players who just trying to blob2win?

Sorry, none.
28 Feb 2015, 10:57 AM

MGs are fine and very useful. They just need to get fr better accuracy against blobs so you can thin charging blobs. Using MG right in CoH was just getting to postion X first and on some maps that was overpowered
28 Feb 2015, 11:02 AM

MGs are fine and very useful. They just need to get fr better accuracy against blobs so you can thin charging blobs. Using MG right in CoH was just getting to postion X first and on some maps that was overpowered

Suggest one map of it? I wrecked a lot of heavy MG play even in Semois. They never gave me the rage playing against Maxim spam.
28 Feb 2015, 11:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2015, 11:02 AMPorygon

Suggest one map of it? I wrecked a lot of heavy MG play even in Semois. They never gave me the rage playing against Maxim spam.

langres

how can you forget?

it's also imbalanced as fuck in coh2. they should just remove it
28 Feb 2015, 12:03 PM

langres

how can you forget?

it's also imbalanced as fuck in coh2. they should just remove it

You better be joking? Langres is very viable pulling out 4 ways flank.
Maybe slightly favoring Wehrmarct, it is considered to be the most balanced map ever.
28 Feb 2015, 12:18 PM

Ideal future?
Death
28 Feb 2015, 12:38 PM

I think all the game needs is 'redesigned' factions. There are two different German factions now, one of them should be EARLY Wehrmacht army. It should have nice air power and blitzkrieg tactics, Just as in the history. Fallschirmjaegers with actual paradrop system, Panzer III and IIs, MG-34s (not 42), Flak-88s, 5 men grenadier squads etc.

You know why the game has so many useless units? Because developers tried to put too many units from different times of the war. If you have Panzer IVs with anti-tank guns, why would you need a Stug? Why T-34 is a bad choice after Germans start to get their own mediums? Why the game is not that much about constant pressure but waiting for call ins? These are all can be fixed by just redefining the factions. So here it goes:

• Wehrmacht: 1939-1943 German Army. Has 5 people Grenadier squad with Kar-98s and 4 people Panzer grenadier squad with MP-40s. STG-44 is an upgrade for P.Grens. G-43 for Grenadiers in mid tech. Grenadiers have either A cheap sdkfz-250 should be in the faction, to make fast pushes and flank maneuvers with Panzer Grenadiers.It has Pak 38 in early tech, a fast deploying light AT gun, which can easily keep up with the army. Pak 40s come with better teching. They should be the fastest faction to field tanks, with Stugs and Panzer-IIIs and Marders. Panzer IV comes with infantry support gun first, with a universal upgrade it gets 75mm AT gun. Panther and Tiger are call-ins in separate commanders.

• Soviets: A very tech heavy faction. It spans from 1941 to 1945, so you should unlock later eras. No light car at first. Can field numerous infantry, but very weak also. Maxim gun is like 60 kg, it should deploy slower than both mg-34 and 42. It has early tank BT-7, which is more like an armored car with very weak armor. T-34 should come later, and because of the two-man turret, the reaction time of it should be cranky. But we should feel the strength of its sloped armor and adequate AT gun. SU-85 no longer has 'focused range' and comes later in teching. It needs vision to use its range. But it should have %80 chance to penetrate Tiger I's front from mid range. From very late universal upgrade tech, you get to produce T-34/85s. The infantry also changes by teching, so you don't feel obliged to rely on call-ins. No 2 men snipers, but cheaper snipers than the German counter part.

• OKW: 1943-1945 German army. Basic infantry is 4 people Volks squad, with early teching they get either one Panzer Schreck or one lmg-42 or 2 STG 44s. lmg-42 can't be fired while moving. STG-44 is not SMG, they should fire in short bursts so it would be very good in mid range and good in long range. Ober squads are 3 men squads with 3 STG 44s, and has very good camouflage ratings. They can hide from vehicles for small durations. Effective in every range. 3 men sturm pioneers with better medium range fire-power. And they should be able to put down mines in 2x speed. They should have more and variety of mines, with more effectiveness. The faction should have superior tanks in many ways, Panthers shouldn't be as expensive but has more population cap. Panther was a very cost effective machine. It should also have very weak rear armor but very good front armor as in the game. The OKW trucks 'bonuses' should be purchasable. So when you go tier II, you can decide if you want medic station or Flak etc. This faction should have MG-42 as well as very good defense emplacements, Flaks(with 4 men) and Pak-43s and more importantly, concrete bunkers. So this faction will be powerful but more defensive than the other factions. It WON'T have 6 men 5 men squads, come on people it's late time Germany. They must be numerically inferior with superior weapons.

• USF: This faction is very interesting, but light armor superiority should be on Wehrmacht's side, not USF. No armored skirts for armored cars. And wheels should have bad performance on off-road. But what really bugs me about this faction is lack of air superiority. They should have a lot of strafe abilities from either Major or Buildings. Just as wehrmacht, they have 76mm gun upgrade in late tech. But someone should help me with this faction, I don't have a good idea about them.

The Teching should be mandatory, no 'building' teching but also 'era' taking. Wehrmacht has the best teching system right now, now imagine that mixed with 'general increase in technology'. I feel like with Soviets and U.S. you decide between 'AT or AI?'. It shouldn't be like that. That is a very macro heavy gameplay. We all play this game for micro and pretty explosions. And please, REDUCE THE REVERSE SPEED FOR ALL VEHICLES. If people are interested I can write more about this in a different post. Tell me what you think and what can be improved. Also tell me if you think this idea sucks or impossible so I won't bother with it. I don't think it's impossible though; no game mechanics change is needed, just maybe very few models and tweaks. Thank you.

28 Feb 2015, 13:09 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Beautiful Herzy, but I'm afraid it might be too late for that.
28 Feb 2015, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2015, 12:38 PMHerzy
But someone should help me with this faction, I don't have a good idea about them.

america's strong point in ww2 on the western front was their air superiority, and artillery. the problem is strafing runs and arty barrages (either call in, or buildable howizer) is it doesn't reflect it's actual power during the war. if you see the red flares, you retreat your units. if you see an arty shell land near your trrops, you retreat them. if you see a plane strafe your units, you retreat.

when in actuality, if you get barraged by arty: you cower and hide, run for the nearest cover, and hope to god none of the shells land nearby. if a plane flies overhead and starts strafing, or dropping bombs. you just hope that your foxhole is deep enough, or the pilot can't aim.

everything they had else was pretty mediocre. they were fighting a weakened nation. desperate german soldiers battleweary from years of fighting in france and on the eastern front. their tanks wern't as advanced as the germans, but they had a lot of them. Their infantry wern't as experienced. but they were numerous. their logistics system was amazing, but you can't really show that in COH2.

so USF is weird. relic's just decided to make them a "jack of all trades, master of none" early-game orientated, map control dependant. infantry reliant faction.
28 Feb 2015, 14:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2015, 12:38 PMHerzy
So this faction will be powerful but more defensive than the other factions. It WON'T have 6 men 5 men squads, come on people it's late time Germany. They must be numerically inferior with superior weapons.

1) man. Germany had nothing. They were losing the war. No superior weapons or training for soldiers or fuel or steel. nothing. Kids were recruited into army.
So what you offer is just your personal view how faction should be designed.

2) Relic will never redo their game.

Sad.
28 Feb 2015, 14:15 PM

1) man. Germany had nothing. They were losing the war. No superior weapons or training for soldiers or fuel or steel. nothing. Kids were recruited into army.
So what you offer is just your personal view how faction should be designed.

2) Relic will never redo their game.

Sad.

You are talking about 1945, not 1944. In 1944 every forth infantry had an automatic weapon. They had some great tanks. They had Jet Engine aircraft, V1-V2 rockets. We also need to balance the game mate. And The game doesn't need to be reprogrammed, just change the gameplay.
28 Feb 2015, 16:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2015, 11:02 AMPorygon

Because they were better balanced in the sense that one was useful, adding more didn't do much and they didn't go from useless to incredibly annoying and almost as overpowered as OKW blobs involving Obersoldaten and Vet 5 Volks just because you got 1 to 3.

Maxim spam at least doesn't have much of a window to shine and once that window is closed the unit is wholly useless.

An MG at the west part of Linden would be a good example. I didn't play 1v1 in CoH1 and I still don't so if you think they are balanced for 1v1, I can't argue otherwise. 2v2 and above, nightmare on the wrong map. And that wasn't even just on cheese maps like Gilroy's Harbor or The Scheldt.
28 Feb 2015, 16:46 PM

Because they were better balanced in the sense that one was useful, adding more didn't do much and they didn't go from useless to incredibly annoying and almost as overpowered as OKW blobs involving Obersoldaten and Vet 5 Volks just because you got 1 to 3.

Maxim spam at least doesn't have much of a window to shine and once that window is closed the unit is wholly useless.

An MG at the west part of Linden would be a good example. I didn't play 1v1 in CoH1 and I still don't so if you think they are balanced for 1v1, I can't argue otherwise. 2v2 and above, nightmare on the wrong map. And that wasn't even just on cheese maps like Gilroy's Harbor or The Scheldt.

Looks like we are in totally different level, that should end our discussion.

I thought at least you would state 2v2 automatch map like Duclair, Wolfhaze, Rail & Metal, etc.
I never played on those map designed for camp until 100000 artillery firework fest. If you suggest MG being OP on those map, that's not problem of MG but the stupid map design.
28 Feb 2015, 16:52 PM

How people describe coh 1 : Rifles flanking MGs! Lots of flanking action, light vehicle play! Yay! So much depth and so cool! So much fun! Nothing was as fun as pulling a rifle flank and decimating your opponents with BARs by timing the upgrade with the flank... Shame we don't have this stuff in coh 2...

How coh 1 actually was : Unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped Unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped Unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped Unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped Unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped Unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped Unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped Unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped x1000

Pro strat how to win > have more snipers than your enemy

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS