Login

russian armor

Can we "buff" the Ambulance Engine already?

27 Feb 2015, 15:34 PM

I totally agree with everything so put it to USF base make it more expensive by fuel.
So I as wehrmacht could be sure that USF blob retreats to their base as my troops I won't see any vehicles next 2 min and always knew where to atack with my Howitzers and Panzerwherefer.
27 Feb 2015, 15:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2015, 14:59 PMKatitof

If its so fine and survivable I say lets go one step further and make SWS trucks have as much speed and armor.
I mean, why a truck with few first aid kits should be slower then a truck full of supplies or a gun, or slowe then friggin KING TIGER tank.

The reason the SWS has more speed and armor is because it's the most important OKW unit in the game hth.
27 Feb 2015, 15:42 PM

The reason the SWS has more speed and armor is because it's the most important OKW unit in the game hth.

And? Does it need high speeds to set up on base sector? Thats not really an argument at all.
If Ambulance can get to the point of Major deployment without any problems, why sws truck should be any different here?

Unless you don't use it as a means to expand your base, but a combat unit for pushing infantry out of cover for free wins in early engagements, which it was not designed to do.

You can also slow it down to ambulance speed and acceleration(which again, certain people believe to be fine for some reason) and put the upgrade for speed like brits had.

Or you can admit its not fine and actually support an underperforming unit, which at the moment is nothing more then slugging med bunker.
27 Feb 2015, 15:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2015, 15:42 PMKatitof

And? Does it need high speeds to set up on base sector? Thats not really an argument at all.
If Ambulance can get to the point of Major deployment without any problems, why sws truck should be any different here?

Unless you don't use it as a means to expand your base, but a combat unit for pushing infantry out of cover for free wins in early engagements, which it was not designed to do.

You can also slow it down to ambulance speed and acceleration(which again, certain people believe to be fine for some reason) and put the upgrade for speed like brits had.

Or you can admit its not fine and actually support an underperforming unit, which at the moment is nothing more then slugging med bunker.

The SWS is almost 4 times as large as a Medi Ambulance, why would it have the same paper thin armor? One is literally just a truck, one is a armored half track. I think pushing is stupid but it would make no sense for the SWS to have no armor or no crush when it's a half track made to carry important supplies and gear onto a battlefield.

The Medi Ambulance is a truck, I wouldn't mind it being faster, but it having any armor to speak of is silly. Just because one thing is underpreforming doesn't mean you should nerf other stuff to bring it down to it's level.

IMO just give it much faster speed and acceleration, but keep the armor and health the same. It's an ambulance, not a medivac HT (which should be in the game).
2 Mar 2015, 15:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2015, 08:37 AMassbag
Cheap? ambulance is just 250 mp 10 fuel waiting to be oneshotted. I allways go to hunt thease things when im playing agaist usf. In many maps you can walk straight in to usf base with schrecks and kill it.

Sorry but i gotta do this:

"Cheap? OH Sniper is just 360 mp waiting to be oneshotted. I always go hunt these guys when i am playing against Ostheer. In many maps you can walk straight at him with rifles and kill it"

On topic: its fine. it comes out the fastest and is the cheapest option. Don't be so aggressive with it.
2 Mar 2015, 20:01 PM

I wouldnt mind survivability or slight speed increase. It should take more then just a single squad of Pios to kill it before it retreats. Honestly what in game is this weak? Not even Partisans are that weak. And 250MP isnt cheap. Thats like throwing away a Conscript squad.

I dont lose many of mine but that doesnt make it great. Look at the Manpower cost of the Medic Truck for OKW and how hard that is to take down. For what 30 more fuel? 30 fuel and you are immune to small arms fire and have a HUGE HP pool. Okkkkkk....

Sure the Ambu is mobile it does have some advantages but I think Relic tried to hard to make it not OP and it ended up UP. It cant reinforce without connected territory, heals on a cooldown, has no armor, no HPs and no Acceleration. Thats overkill to me for anything over 100MP.
2 Mar 2015, 20:05 PM

The OKW truck has a lot of HQ and is immune to small arms fire because it's a building. Comparing ambulance and BG HQ is stupid because ones a light truck and the other is a massive HT with sandbags surrounding it.

And you can just make the medics jump out of the truck and heal you with out a cool down, and if you want the medics by themselves just throw an RE squad in the ambulance.

edit: And it also heals anything around it when the ability is used, the OKW medics cannot heal every unit around the HQ all at once. Which would be a lot better IMO than what we are stuck with now.
2 Mar 2015, 20:10 PM

The OKW truck has a lot of HQ and is immune to small arms fire because it's a building. Comparing ambulance and BG HQ is stupid because ones a light truck and the other is a massive HT with sandbags surrounding it.

And you can just make the medics jump out of the truck and heal you with out a cool down, and if you want the medics by themselves just throw an RE squad in the ambulance.

edit: And it also heals anything around it when the ability is used, the OKW medics cannot heal every unit around the HQ all at once. Which would be a lot better IMO than what we are stuck with now.

Its a building!? MY GOD! I had no idea....

It was an illustration point on the healing of both sides. When was the last time you seen an Ambulance slower then the heaviest WW2 tank? I mean shit 911 is a JOKE! Lets not bring realism into this...
2 Mar 2015, 20:13 PM

Its a building!? MY GOD! I had no idea....

It was an illustration point on the healing of both sides. When was the last time you seen an Ambulance slower then the heaviest WW2 tank? I mean shit 911 is a JOKE! Lets not bring realism into this...

Yeah, and buildings are more durable than mobile trucks, this is reflected in game between multiple units with out bringing realism into the mix.

The ambulance is mobile, and it has an AoE heal you don't actually need the medics inside the truck to use. It's fine for it's cost and all it needs is a acceleration buff.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 43
Germany 777
unknown 20
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L