Login

russian armor

Can we "buff" the Ambulance Engine already?

26 Feb 2015, 14:14 PM

It wouldn't hurt just to make that stupid thing a little faster isn't it?
It's slower than a King Tiger, seriously.
One time, I chased down an ambulance and just kill it with MP40 pioneer...

Even if it's supposed to be slow and fragile, I think current state is pretty ridiculous.
26 Feb 2015, 16:09 PM

Its pathfinding is the worst of any unit in game.
I've lost so many ambulances because it decided to stop in order to turn slightly.
26 Feb 2015, 17:06 PM

Its pathfinding is the worst of any unit in game.
I've lost so many ambulances because it decided to stop in order to turn slightly.

Rotation speed is also slow as fuck
26 Feb 2015, 17:11 PM

While we are doing this can we fix the fact the Kubel has the path finding of the motorcycle from coh1?
26 Feb 2015, 21:17 PM

While we are doing this can we fix the fact the Kubel has the path finding of the motorcycle from coh1?

Except some people still call Kubel-the-lame-driver/gunner overpowered.
27 Feb 2015, 01:34 AM

The Ambulance actually has a decent top speed (5.4), it's the acceleration that is the issue. The King Tiger currently accelerates faster than the ambulance (1.4 acc to 1.3 acc). If the ambulance's acceleration was boosted a tad it would be fine.
27 Feb 2015, 01:42 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I'd say buffing the healing bunker top speed and acceleration is a greater priority, it's literally slower than an ambulance :D
27 Feb 2015, 02:51 AM

I'd say buffing the healing bunker top speed and acceleration is a greater priority, it's literally slower than an ambulance :D

One flawed unit at a time!
27 Feb 2015, 02:52 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Theres literally no need for it to be so slow.

You cant say "WELL AMBULANCE CUTOFF RUSH GG" Because lets not forget this thing is a piece of paper and will die VERY fast to focus fire from any unit in the game. Hell give it more crit chances from small arms or something. but dont make it slower than a horse drawn cart from the get-go.

How can OKW have SWS and sturms that dont have to build anything and can therefore go rushing to any point on the map,and USF cant have a paper ambulance with RE's to rush around with?(Not like that would even work..so wtf)

27 Feb 2015, 04:00 AM

Theres literally no need for it to be so slow.

You cant say "WELL AMBULANCE CUTOFF RUSH GG" Because lets not forget this thing is a piece of paper and will die VERY fast to focus fire from any unit in the game. Hell give it more crit chances from small arms or something. but dont make it slower than a horse drawn cart from the get-go.

How can OKW have SWS and sturms that dont have to build anything and can therefore go rushing to any point on the map,and USF cant have a paper ambulance with RE's to rush around with?(Not like that would even work..so wtf)

And no need to be super fragile, it is quite expensive for this, aluminium foil armour.
27 Feb 2015, 04:06 AM

Permanently Banned
I wouldn't mind a buff, but i think the intention was to make it so you would have to move it preemtively. Not when its in danger.
27 Feb 2015, 07:17 AM

the problem with it is that if you're using it with a major as a forward operating base, the fast-paced nature of some games means you quickly need to select units and get them to the front lines. which causes you to "box-drag" your retreated units around the major, and forget not to include the ambulence, and send it off into battle!

instead of having that redicious 'activate to give radius heal' just press a button which locks down the medi truck, similar to the major lock down effect. where it CANNOT be selected in a group of units. when the medic truck is locked down. the 3 medics will get out, but the truck will not be abandoned...

does that makes sense?
27 Feb 2015, 07:39 AM
Donator 11

It's already a huge advantage. I think it's fine the way it as, requires you to be smarter with it
27 Feb 2015, 08:30 AM
Patrion 27

the problem with it is that if you're using it with a major as a forward operating base, the fast-paced nature of some games means you quickly need to select units and get them to the front lines. which causes you to "box-drag" your retreated units around the major, and forget not to include the ambulence, and send it off into battle!

instead of having that redicious 'activate to give radius heal' just press a button which locks down the medi truck, similar to the major lock down effect. where it CANNOT be selected in a group of units. when the medic truck is locked down. the 3 medics will get out, but the truck will not be abandoned...

does that makes sense?

This is what hotkeys are for. Major/Ambulance combo is really powerful and deservedly fragile.

I used to agree that Ambulance should have more acceleration but after using it a lot more and rather aggressively I'm not so sure it needs it. Time your heals and reverse the ambulance a good amount back from your Major afterwards and you should be fine.

It helps that 250/10 cost makes it easy to replace.

27 Feb 2015, 08:34 AM
Benefactor 115

Discussed a million times already, it's fine as it is
27 Feb 2015, 08:37 AM
Donator 22

Cheap? ambulance is just 250 mp 10 fuel waiting to be oneshotted. I allways go to hunt thease things when im playing agaist usf. In many maps you can walk straight in to usf base with schrecks and kill it.
27 Feb 2015, 09:55 AM

This is what hotkeys are for. Major/Ambulance combo is really powerful and deservedly fragile.

I used to agree that Ambulance should have more acceleration but after using it a lot more and rather aggressively I'm not so sure it needs it. Time your heals and reverse the ambulance a good amount back from your Major afterwards and you should be fine.

It helps that 250/10 cost makes it easy to replace.

It only need a "fire at vehicle only" Puma or Panther, or P4 to vaporise 250/10, and you say it's cheap, and what kind of reverse move can help against this situation?
27 Feb 2015, 10:56 AM

This is so weird. So many people upset about the ambulance. I've never had a problem with its speed. It's meant to be a fragile unit because of its unique utility. I don't think it should be touched. The unit is meant to be moved into a secure position once a frontline has been established.

Perhaps the people concerned with its mobility are simply putting it in very aggressive locations that they're not ready to defend properly.
27 Feb 2015, 14:41 PM

Don't we have a movement speed bulletin for the Ambulance? Does this even help?
27 Feb 2015, 14:59 PM

This is so weird. So many people upset about the ambulance. I've never had a problem with its speed. It's meant to be a fragile unit because of its unique utility. I don't think it should be touched. The unit is meant to be moved into a secure position once a frontline has been established.

Perhaps the people concerned with its mobility are simply putting it in very aggressive locations that they're not ready to defend properly.

If its so fine and survivable I say lets go one step further and make SWS trucks have as much speed and armor.
I mean, why a truck with few first aid kits should be slower then a truck full of supplies or a gun, or slowe then friggin KING TIGER tank.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★