Login

russian armor

How should i play with the americans?

26 Feb 2015, 02:58 AM

I've recently started playing as the americans, and was wondering how should I go about their early and late game as that's what usually gets me.
26 Feb 2015, 03:02 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Be aggressive,but dont be reckless and careless at the same time.

Check out american replays in the Replays section on this website,or you can watch the Propagandacast which features really good players going at it. Check and see when theres an american replay featured.

Like todays:

Replays are your best friend. Watch your own replays,and watch others. Your topic is a bit vague so i cant help you directly unless you elaborate
26 Feb 2015, 22:48 PM

Thx for the advice. I will try that. I guess to be specific is with the US how do i maximize their effectiveness in the early game? When I do 1v1 I find myself overwhelmed. By the time I get my liutenant they would already have armor.
26 Feb 2015, 22:58 PM
Donator 22

Thx for the advice. I will try that. I guess to be specific is with the US how do i maximize their effectiveness in the early game? When I do 1v1 I find myself overwhelmed. By the time I get my liutenant they would already have armor.

You can try getting zooks on a couple of your riflemen asap, zooks can take out a flack half track if you ambush it. I've noticed that a lot of USF players take too long to get at weapons that can deal with the FHT.
27 Feb 2015, 02:39 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The problem with Lieutenant is there is no anti tank at all besides the M6 mines from the M20 Car,so if you dont get enough fuel for some reason to research Major and then a sherman/jackson then you will find yourself dead in the water against an early tank rush,unless they hit the M20 mine(i must add that you should place a large amount of these mines if you go this route) However you CAN go Airborne company and drop an AT gun if you find yourself in this situation as well without neccessarily relying on the mines.

Basically go Airborne if you're going Lieutenant. Thats one of your options.

You can also go 3 Rifles>LT research>Light vehicle of your choice> Captain if you find yourself without enough fuel to reach major,and then go for a doctrine that has a late call in tank or two(Armor,Rifle,and Infantry all have late game vehicles for you to use without going for Major. I'd recommend getting both officers if you're going to do this,then getting a Major Much later.)

I wouldnt consider bazookas an actual anti tank unit...but as a support platform,and a bad one at that. I would not recommend researching bazookas or relying on them... Unless its from the other officer(Captain) or the M20 Crew.

If you struggle with OKW Flak Halftrack then just go airborne and drop an AT gun,or go Captain if you see a mechanized regiment Headquarters from OKW.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★