Login

russian armor

Penal spam against ostheer

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
25 Feb 2015, 18:47 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 18:42 PMFuzz
There are so many options available to counter this, especially for a unit with 0 AT abilities

agreed

26 Feb 2015, 05:10 AM

Penal are in a pretty good place now in my opinion.

If someone defeats you with Penal spam, they could have done the same but faster with con spam.

Penals are perfectly fine.

yea yea, don't post on this topic if you mostly/only play one faction.
26 Feb 2015, 05:22 AM

Come up with a REAL reason to justify your conclusion.

All i see is: "It doesnt look right so it should be nerfed".

With no mention of penals' weakness...

With no mention on how to deal with them. Nice try.
26 Feb 2015, 05:44 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Either check signature at bottom or playercard at the left :)

Post a replay and show us the almighty power of Penals.
26 Feb 2015, 05:47 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Sorry John Doe, but this is like the third thread from you that clearly tells me that you don't know the game well enough. I encourage you to play the game a bit more often rather than creating threads because you just lost against a certain type of unit.

26 Feb 2015, 06:27 AM

Playing with Penis squad is much more fun than the Cons. :)
26 Feb 2015, 06:31 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 13:24 PMJohnnyB
I'm pretty sure my vehicles were hit by AT nades thrown by penals several times untill now. It is because that AT tactics commander that soviets have? I don't own that commander and I don't use penals. I am a Maxim spammer.

Yeah, it's one of those bizarre behaviors of AI-controlled units. See also: call-in unit building in the HQ and sWs trucks using self-repair O_o I've only ever seen it happen in an AI skirmish.
26 Feb 2015, 06:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 05:47 AMluvnest

Sorry John Doe, but this is like the third thread from you that clearly tells me that you don't know the game well enough. I encourage you to play the game a bit more often rather than creating threads because you just lost against a certain type of unit.

That's your imagination mate. Their mid range DPS is insane, their flamer has a range of 25m, and they have 6 models.

Reninforsment cost: 22
Build cost: 270
26 Feb 2015, 06:58 AM

That's your imagination mate. Their mid range DPS is insane, their flamer has a range of 25m, and they have 6 models.

Why ever bother listing the reinforcement cost of penals at all. Or guards.

Only three infantry units matter for reinforcement cost as the soviets. Conscripts, Snipers and Shock Troops. And snipers are more of a support team anyway.

Everything else gets reinforced faster and cheaper by lobbing a conscript squad in via merge and replacing them.

Seriously, though, Penals have -massive- weaknesses. No AT, and no AT nades for snare, and worse long range DPS than even conscripts. Satchels take an hour to throw and blow, so any infantry you lose to them is a micro issue, nothing more.
If they have Penals they have built T1, so are either going to be lacking ANY AT until T3, or T1/T2 only while they wait for CP based units. Either scenario gets punished and hard by a nice early ostwind or a scout car.

But, in the end, you can abuse the people telling you you're well out of line and need to know the game better to comment all you want, but their opinions don't just go away. And I agree with them. Penal Spam isn't a thing. Penals are just a bit better than conscripts and worse than rifles. But getting syphilis is better than conscripts.
26 Feb 2015, 07:57 AM

Con spam is more viable than it's ever been before, and If your finding you can't own with them early game your probably trying to kill enemy infantry at max range or not using your molotvs well.

Seriously, cons are better than Volks, utilize this against OKW, as for Ostheer, just spam as hard as you can and he will never be able to keep up with you unless he just never techs.
26 Feb 2015, 12:50 PM

That "insane" mid range DPS is lower then conscripts mid range DPS. Penals do nothing after 15 range, at 16 they have insane dps of volks, their DPS drops dramatically after range 6 which means they could just as well be using helbards.
For comparison, SMG troops have most effective range up to 10. Penals again, have 6 their rifles are LESS effective then SMGs when it comes to shooting at distance.

So a unit reinforces for exactly as much as it should due to universal reinforce cost formula of reinforcing squad to full for 40% of its total worth.
THE HORROR!

26 Feb 2015, 12:52 PM

222 with upgrade to counter whole SU T1.
26 Feb 2015, 13:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 12:50 PMKatitof

This is what literally everyone in this thread(except alex) could say to you.

Oh are you that guy who is literally hated and most of the time ignored by everyone in the community? Yep.

Katitofski, the warrior who has dedicated his life to defend the OPiest Union.:lol:

Your half assed stats doesn't make sense, my little hero: Check this site for starters

222 with upgrade to counter whole SU T1.

Orrah nade. There is always a con lurking around.
26 Feb 2015, 13:22 PM

Oh are you that guy who is literally hated and most of the time ignored by everyone in the community? Yep.

Katitofski, the warrior who has dedicated his life to defend the OPiest Union.:lol:

Your half assed stats doesn't make sense, my little hero: Your text..

Doubt it. But even if, keep them at distance, keep reversing so they won't get you.

What's below +1.
26 Feb 2015, 13:26 PM

Yeah, combined arms, baby. xD

On a serious note - 222 is faster than oorahing cons.
So, it is L2micro issue. No trolling here. You just need more practice.

("oorahing cons"? what the hell did I just said?)
26 Feb 2015, 14:01 PM
Donator 33

Lets bring penals back to 360mp with 30 reinforce, so nobody will use them MVGame
26 Feb 2015, 14:03 PM

Useless topic. Better watch stream games (Luvnest, Siberian, Lemon, Romeo ......) and learn this game, then write topics about nothing.
26 Feb 2015, 14:06 PM

Your half assed stats doesn't make sense, my little hero: Check this site for starters

Not really sure what your blabbing on about, but thanks for confirming what I've said even more.
You're so stupid that you even backed me up and still argue against it.

Tell me, but be honest-you have no slightest clue what you've linked to and how to read it, do you?
26 Feb 2015, 14:46 PM

Show us your playercard. Lets see what you got.

Other than that, i would +1 luvnests advice.

Its a clear l2p issue.

Why arent you complaining about Obers?
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 30
Germany 81
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias