Login

russian armor

reasoning for putting a flak gun on the OKW base building?

PAGES (11)down
28 Feb 2015, 23:13 PM

Permanently Banned

Only the first OKW truck is free.

They are all free
28 Feb 2015, 23:20 PM

They are all free

I assumed he meant placing them, because the trucks coming in free on a timer is a pretty essential part of OKW's design.

Although it would be cool if you could pay resources to instantly get a truck after one get's blown up.
28 Feb 2015, 23:48 PM

Permanently Banned

I assumed he meant placing them, because the trucks coming in free on a timer is a pretty essential part of OKW's design.

Although it would be cool if you could pay resources to instantly get a truck after one get's blown up.

Then u obviously have never played vcoh. brits had to pay to deploy a truck
1 Mar 2015, 00:17 AM

Then u obviously have never played vcoh. brits had to pay to deploy a truck

You are correct, COH2 was my first Company of Heroes game.
1 Mar 2015, 02:07 AM

You are correct, COH2 was my first Company of Heroes game.

you missed a lot mate.
1 Mar 2015, 03:10 AM

you missed a lot mate.

Iv played all the Dawn of War games to death, and all my friends moved to COH2 from DoW2:Retribution, so thus COH2 was my first Company of Heroes game.
1 Mar 2015, 04:05 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Whenever you don't need to tech, SwS are good for 5fuel, scouting and soaking AT gun damage for your other vehicles.

This is why they should cost 100mp and reduce by 100mp the building you choose.
Also, HP of truck should correlate to HP of building. Now we have real consequences if you go for truck push.
2 Mar 2015, 09:00 AM

Whenever you don't need to tech, SwS are good for 5fuel, scouting and soaking AT gun damage for your other vehicles.

This is why they should cost 100mp and reduce by 100mp the building you choose.
Also, HP of truck should correlate to HP of building. Now we have real consequences if you go for truck push.

This could be a simple and graceful solution, but there is just isn't that much risk with pushing. You have consequences only if you really screw up with truck micro.
2 Mar 2015, 11:16 AM

Like the OKW half track it kills infantry too fast. However, I rarely see a super aggressively placed tier 4 as too much of a problem. It's pretty easy to get rid off with a couple of mortars, that is if the OKW leave your mortars alone. Against USF I have no clue what to do about it really.
I don't mind its supression effect but the damage it deals is over the top imo.
2 Mar 2015, 15:50 PM

Like the OKW half track it kills infantry too fast. However, I rarely see a super aggressively placed tier 4 as too much of a problem. It's pretty easy to get rid off with a couple of mortars, that is if the OKW leave your mortars alone. Against USF I have no clue what to do about it really.
I don't mind its supression effect but the damage it deals is over the top imo.

As USF the best way to deal with it is Pathfinders sighting and a AT gun shooting at it. The USF AT gun as pretty good range and with your Pathfinders sighting for it you will have more than enough time to pull back if he tries to rush you and stop you from shooting at it.

A Scott also works, not to actually damage the Schwer, but to snipe any Pio's trying to repair it.
2 Mar 2015, 19:39 PM

If the building is placed aggressively it is less of a threat because it can be focused down, but I hate that it can lock off fuel points behind the lines and prevent decapping for 0 pop.

Also using pathfinders + AT gun still take more than 30 seconds of shooting. Where is the OKW players blob, which will steam roll you? And often the truck is back just far enough to completely stop flanks but be extremely well protected.

I will say it again, OKW gets a free medium turret with the upgrade to Panzer Schwer. It does not require a builder unit, and it can be placed anywhere on the map except on a vp point. This is completely ridiculous. If you want a turret you should pay less than a tank (but still pay) for it since you are capable of going toe to toe with a tank but can't move. Adjust upgrade cost or remove the cannon.
2 Mar 2015, 19:46 PM

Uh, his blob isn't going to do anything to your AT gun if your covering it. And it doesn't take 30 seconds of shooting at 160 damage shot.
2 Mar 2015, 19:50 PM

Nerf OKW AA truck health so i can take it down.

Placing that truck too frontally is risky and punishable
2 Mar 2015, 22:52 PM
Patrion 28

Uh, his blob isn't going to do anything to your AT gun if your covering it. And it doesn't take 30 seconds of shooting at 160 damage shot.

given that his blob is generally going to be more powerful than yours (you spent mp on an AT gun and he may have obers if the truck has been out long enough) he is absolutely going to roll over you.
2 Mar 2015, 23:03 PM

Assuming you have no armor, or infantry. A schwer will die fairly quick to focused fire and if you hit it with Jacksons short of a Pak43 there really isn't anything he can do to stop you.
2 Mar 2015, 23:14 PM
Patrion 28

entirely true but a schreck blob is a threat to a jackson too, the jackson just has an easier time getting away. flakHQ can be placed such that a jackson can't hit it though and a jackson is the only thing USF has, other than multiple shermans, that are a big threat to the thing. additionally, without rifle flares, you're firing into fog of war which makes it take 2-3 times as long to kill the thing.
2 Mar 2015, 23:18 PM

Pathfinders of either variety can also sight for you, as well as an M20.

I think OKW needs a shitload of stuff changed, but really the schwer isn't it. I would be fine with it having it's anti air abilities reduced, but in exchange for letting the player control the gun so it doesn't just shoot the ground like it tends to want to do.
3 Mar 2015, 00:05 AM

Pathfinders of either variety can also sight for you, as well as an M20.

I think OKW needs a shitload of stuff changed, but really the schwer isn't it. I would be fine with it having it's anti air abilities reduced, but in exchange for letting the player control the gun so it doesn't just shoot the ground like it tends to want to do.

I honestly do not think you have played against this unit enough. Just from what you are saying (get a Jackson) only 2 tiers on assuming I do nothing but tech, is not a solution. Also you completely ignored my comment about the cost effectiveness.
3 Mar 2015, 00:09 AM

I honestly do not think you have played against this unit enough. Just from what you are saying (get a Jackson) only 2 tiers on assuming I do nothing but tech, is not a solution. Also you completely ignored my comment about the cost effectiveness.

So what if it's cost effective? That's OKW entire design philosophy.

It's weak to indirect fire, as an allied player I always make sure to be covering my force with indirect fire, thus the schwer is not an issue. An SU-85 can also attack it while sighting for itself.
3 Mar 2015, 00:59 AM

wow. of all the things wrong with OKW, i dont think an immobile AA gun that cant be controlled (targeting) is one of them.
and placing that thing on the frontlines? lol any competent player will kill it or basically cap the whole map while your trying to defend it. group it up with medtruck? yes pls. so i can rain down shells on both of these trucks at the same time.
but yeah just drive one tank into it, lose it and be like "wow shit! that thing is OP!" especially when you could force the gun to engage another target (as i said you cant control where it shoots)
a püppchen in a building kann kill a sherman on its own, too... OP? i doubt it

people these days...
now, could we please go back to discussing the real issues with OKW? obers... shrek-blobs... maybe even vet 5?
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 1
Germany 690

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %