Login

russian armor

Damn this balance

PAGES (15)down
4 Mar 2015, 11:33 AM

I will agree with Jaigen (gasp) T-34/85 wrecks P4 in 1 v 1 battle. The T-34/85 has a superb gun and better armor.

It is perfectly true. Anyone saying different didn't play with PIV or even with ostheer. Period. Dual T34/85 can currently compete with a Tiger if you know what you're doing. Put a mark target on top of the Tiger and it will stand very little chance against your dual 85s.
4 Mar 2015, 13:28 PM

- Plays 4v4 autoteam as USF.
- Complains about balancing and gameplay issues.
- Here we go.
4 Mar 2015, 13:52 PM

It is perfectly true. Anyone saying different didn't play with PIV or even with ostheer. Period. Dual T34/85 can currently compete with a Tiger if you know what you're doing. Put a mark target on top of the Tiger and it will stand very little chance against your dual 85s.

And you are sending a single, lone, unsupported tank against 2 tanks that cost more and have doctrinal ability support and expect any other outcome why exactly?
Krupp steal megalomania is not valid reason.
4 Mar 2015, 14:01 PM

And you are sending a single, lone, unsupported tank against 2 tanks that cost more and have doctrinal ability support and expect any other outcome why exactly?
Krupp steal megalomania is not valid reason.

Just comparing the 2 call-ins and stating that 85 overperforms PIV.
4 Mar 2015, 14:29 PM

Dunno why anyone would say that the T-34-85 is equal to the PIV, undoubtedly rng can screw you over every now and again when dealing with PIVs, but the T-34-85 undoubtedly has the better chance in an engagement, though Vet 2 PIVs I wouldn't be so confident about... but I'm not sure of the stats with that.
4 Mar 2015, 14:35 PM

Just comparing the 2 call-ins and stating that 85 overperforms PIV.

Well, it costs quite a bit more, it be imbalanced if it didn't.
Thou it is not as much of a difference when both have vet2 due to axis units having vastly superior vet.
4 Mar 2015, 21:21 PM

Dunno why anyone would say that the T-34-85 is equal to the PIV, undoubtedly rng can screw you over every now and again when dealing with PIVs, but the T-34-85 undoubtedly has the better chance in an engagement, though Vet 2 PIVs I wouldn't be so confident about... but I'm not sure of the stats with that.

still in favour for the 85. unless the rng god screws you over.
4 Mar 2015, 21:23 PM

Well, it costs quite a bit more, it be imbalanced if it didn't.
Thou it is not as much of a difference when both have vet2 due to axis units having vastly superior vet.

Stop being so defensive. i like the fact that the the allied medium armour callins are better then the axis medium armour. but that aside ostheer tier 3 is a mess because it has no TD what so ever.
4 Mar 2015, 21:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2015, 21:23 PMJaigen

Stop being so defensive. i like the fact that the the allied medium armour callins are better then the axis medium armour. but that aside ostheer tier 3 is a mess because it has no TD what so ever.

Defensive?
What?
125fu generalist tank vs 145fu generalist tank. What does common sense tell you here if you still have any left?

And ost T3 fares average against USF, because of their design to be able to fight heavier armor, can't do much here without making jackson copy of wolverine with SU-85 RoF and better penetration which would still put Ost T3 behind.
Against SU T3, you have the same relation of power-its simply weak and unappealing, can help only if you get advantage early game and rush for it and as long as SU T3 will be weakest one in game, SU players will go for doctrinal call-ins simply because they can be relied upon.

Nothing really to do with T3 lacking TD, it still wouldn't beat jackson, it still wouldn't fight SU-85. I don't think I even need to explain why because of how soviet tiering is designed and giving both, good generalist tank and good TD for ost T3 would be overpowered as hell in relation to soviets who need to choose and USF who lack heavies, 70 range TD and proper AT gun that would reliably pen.
4 Mar 2015, 21:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2015, 21:23 PMJaigen

So? Axis has better Heavy armor (USF case, no heavy) and better hand held AT. I don't think Ostheer's T3 is a mess at all, perhaps redefining Stugs role as TD would suffice with increased cost.
5 Mar 2015, 01:17 AM

Permanently Banned

Defensive?
What?
125fu generalist tank vs 145fu generalist tank. What does common sense tell you here if you still have any left?

Pssh and people get mad when the t34/76 can't go head to head with a p4
5 Mar 2015, 02:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Pssh and people get mad when the t34/76 can't go head to head with a p4

The main problem is not only it will pretty much have no chance barring godlike RNG, neither will the rest of the tier, so then its AT matter is stuck with "I can get five 76s for their 4 IVs". And obviously, it wouldn't make all that much sense for the T-70 and M5 to be able to pick up the AT slack, so unfortunately Soviet T3 is basically entirely based around cheesing the enemy with hopeful squad wipes.
5 Mar 2015, 02:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2015, 02:00 AMVuther

The main problem is not only it will pretty much have no chance barring godlike RNG, neither will the rest of the tier, so then its AT matter is stuck with "I can get five 76s for their 4 IVs". And obviously, it wouldn't make all that much sense for the T-70 and M5 to be able to pick up the AT slack, so unfortunately Soviet T3 is basically entirely based around cheesing the enemy with hopeful squad wipes.

Its been said to death the SU needs to have the option to buy tier and 4. then tier 3 becomes a good option.
5 Mar 2015, 03:15 AM

Nothing really to do with T3 lacking TD, it still wouldn't beat jackson, it still wouldn't fight SU-85. I don't think I even need to explain why because of how soviet tiering is designed and giving both, good generalist tank and good TD for ost T3 would be overpowered as hell in relation to soviets who need to choose and USF who lack heavies, 70 range TD and proper AT gun that would reliably pen.

Nice insulting people that are actually agreeing with you.

Here are you flaws because you are primarily a 2vs2 player and way below me.

1: 85 are 130 fuel advanced tactics are not meta
2: ostheer that goes tier 3 doesnt have any heavy tanks they lack the fuel.
3: technically the SU player doesnt need to choose jack shit. they have and the very potent su85 at tier4 and any AI deficiencies can be covered by callins. In short the only faction that doesnt have balanced roster is the ostheer.

since you are a 2vs2 players you will notice that the problem is pacing and that the ostheer is having a very large gap in their AT between tier 2 and 4. And at that time the e8/85/ is2 start to roll out. Saying stupid shit that the ostheer becomes op with an AT unit in tier 3 is fucking moronic (With no valid argument whatsoever). It depends on how powerful the AT is after all.
5 Mar 2015, 03:22 AM

So? Axis has better Heavy armor (USF case, no heavy) and better hand held AT. I don't think Ostheer's T3 is a mess at all, perhaps redefining Stugs role as TD would suffice with increased cost.

Then your wrong. And your wrong way to often. And i grow tired of your uninformed posts. play a few okw games and a few ostheer games (in 1vs1 not scrub team games) and you will understand actually what the strengths and the weaknesses of these factions are. Then you and the rest of the fangirls who have been complaining about the OKW since the beginning would finally understand why the OKW is so god awfully powerful in teamgames. and guess what it has nothing to do with units or vet or even shrek blobs.

It has something to do called economy. Something that fucked up balance in coh 1 as well.
5 Mar 2015, 05:57 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2015, 02:00 AMVuther

With the whole soviet restructuring rumor going around I hear the su76(which is being buffed) and t70 are being swapped as well as other things. But besides that. The t34/76 hardly needs a combat buff, but more a cost decrease that somehow doesn't affect its timing, because its already the earliest medium on the field, while the p4 gets some slight penetration buffs. The t34/76 already does pretty well against p4s considering the fuel difference in comparison to p4 vs eazy 8 and t34/85 that cost 20 fuel more but blow it out of the water. Hence why vet 2 is absolutely necessary on the p4 for it to even bother competing with e8s and 85s.

If you can't keep your first p4 alive to reach vet its an utter waste of resources and you were better off just going t2 straight to tigers or panthers. If the first p4 is lost its a huge set back for ostheer, ostheer in general suffers the most from lost units than any other faction, and they have the games easiest squads to 1 shot wipe. Compared to US and okw who have more manpower to deal with and then the russians who have never even had to worry about squad wiping at all except in the most uncommon scenarios. Speaking of squad wipes thats all Ive noticed. As you climb the ladder and starting fighting the top 200, the whole strategy of both sides is too abuse anything that squad wipes. In general, 120s, isu152s, sturmtigers for taking out support crews and stukas, as well as the passive soft squad wipers which the majority are on the allied side(105 shermans, m8 nuke vehicle, demoes, shit like crashing planes). Regardless of any actual strategy these units are the most effective types in the game because they require little skill with a ton of payout. This is why I am currently not even playing the game.

If you haven't noticed I main ostheer so I feel the brunt of it all. As soviets, my individual units are weaker, but combined they are strong and even if I don't win the fight its easy as shit to wipe squads as soviets so its simple to wear down the enemy.

Horrible features horrible balance. Fix squad wiping first FFS BEFORE WORRYING ABOUT other units.

This kind of turned into a rant sorry. But what relic is doing is inexcusable, they fuck up the game and disappear. Fucking idiots.
5 Mar 2015, 10:04 AM
Patrion 14

I'm seeing a lot of people saying that 85s wouldn't work nondoctrially because of their stats (25% more HP is the main problem with them).

I don't see why the t34/85 couldn't replace the t34/76 if the 85 had the same HP pool as non-doc mediums and the same armor as a t34/76. If this were the case, it would enter the battlefield with a higher AT power than the P4, with less AI (no mg), less scaling, (no skirts), and less armor.

This would give soviets a nondoctrinal medium that they can use all game, while only slightly changing the matchup between ostheer t3 and soviet t3. If you just look at their stats, the main things that give t34/85s teeth is their HP pool and their access to mark vehicle (which is only available in 3 doctrines).

This seems to me the best idea to base the rework of callins on. Maybe couple this with a rework of the Stug g into a medium TD (weaker than JP4 and SU85, stronger than su76).

The t34/85 would be swapped in all doctrines with t34/76s, so that the doctrines have a stopgap, cheap tank to fulfill a "meatshield" role in the soviet army.
5 Mar 2015, 10:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2015, 03:22 AMJaigen

Then your wrong. And your wrong way to often. And i grow tired of your uninformed posts. play a few okw games and a few ostheer games (in 1vs1 not scrub team games) and you will understand actually what the strengths and the weaknesses of these factions are. Then you and the rest of the fangirls who have been complaining about the OKW since the beginning would finally understand why the OKW is so god awfully powerful in teamgames. and guess what it has nothing to do with units or vet or even shrek blobs.

It has something to do called economy. Something that fucked up balance in coh 1 as well.

Player card or stfu.
5 Mar 2015, 13:06 PM

Player card or stfu.

If you don't show your own playercard, you don't have any rights to demand the playercard of other members.
Playercard bullying is also incredibly childish, it's Ad Hominem argumentation, something you use when you are out of arguments.
5 Mar 2015, 13:23 PM

I like how jaigen constantly babbles about how he plays "at a high level" constantly pisses on everyone who doesn't play 1v1, talks bullshit about "how it doesnt work vs good players" yet refuses to show his playercard...

Infact, most balance threads just seem to revolve into jaigen and alexandzvar vs katitof flame wars.

It's a good thing doesn't listen to any of this useless rambling. Or else the game would be in utter shambles. It's easy to yell BAD DESIGN and then suggest something retarded beyond comprehension.

Infact most arguements here aren't even arguements at all. It's simply stating random facts that make no sense and throwing these facts at each other..
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS