Login

russian armor

In Game Store???

PAGES (12)down
27 Feb 2015, 12:23 PM

To be brutally honest it's not Relic's fault people aren't happy with the game. They make the game, only you can decide if you like it or not.

+1 Mirage
Thats what I said when they released the Tiger Ace, dont fight it, embrace it.
27 Feb 2015, 13:09 PM

The worst part is that you're saying this with a straight face, and staunchly believe that you're right. You know who you remind me of? Countless politicians who tell lies to the People's faces, while doing so with a straight face. The facts are in this thread...facts that you refuse to acknowledge because it would damage your faith in Relic.

No need since the evidence is in this thread. Your arguments have been countered by several people in this thread who actually know what they're talking about, and can type proper sentences.

I did read your posts and most of it is incoherent/broken English. If you can't type proper sentences, then you might think about getting a human translator so we can actually understand what you're typing. Unlike you, i'm English and have a strong grasp of the English language, and I can say for certain that most of your "sentences" don't make sense.

Right, I think it's clear that you have no fucking idea what you're saying. An avid CoH2 player killing CoH2? Great fucking logic there, mate.

I've fought self-righteous bastards before, so i'm quite good at dealing with people like you.

I just did, so what now tough guy?

How bout fuck off?

Your immature childish gibberish don't worth any more replies for my part....

Thanks.
27 Feb 2015, 13:12 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2015, 04:44 AMpigsoup
lol. who is reforever1911?

troll from gamereplays.org
27 Feb 2015, 13:14 PM

+1 Mirage
Thats what I said when they released the Tiger Ace, dont fight it, embrace it.

Embrace it with cold hard cash
27 Feb 2015, 14:23 PM
Coder Red Badge

I love how people automatically assume they're not going to like something before they even have proper knowledge of it's implementation.

To be brutally honest it's not Relic's fault people aren't happy with the game. They make the game, only you can decide if you like it or not. So technically if your not happy with what is provided to you to experience then that's technically each persons own fault it has nothing to do with Relic.

For example, the amount of people complaining that we haven't seen a balance patch in months. Is this because they don't think there's currently a need for it. Which may very well be the case. Or because of the amount of people that frequent the forums complaining about lack of balance manage to rope more players in? Turning one persons idea into a frenzy, based on players that more often than not only need to improve their game. Yet decide to not take on that responsibility because it is easier to blame Relic.

I'll let each of you decide.

My point wasn't ever to speculate about what the upcoming CoH2 system may or may not be, I thought I made that perfectly clear in every one of my posts. My point was simply to attempt to make people aware of striking similarities between what we've seen so far of this CoH2 system and a system developed by the same company for a previous game that was, for all of the reasons I've hopefully made clear in my posts, very detrimental to gameplay. A lot of people weren't around for CoHO and might not fully understand why such a system would be problematic, but as someone who played it and tried really, really hard to rationalize it as a fair system, it just didn't work. It had a few positives, which I've outlined in my posts, paired with the huge negative of noticeable gameplay differences between those who paid and those who didn't, far more so than even commanders, which are themselves dubious in the context of a multiplayer RTS. If nothing else it provides the context in which this system is being constructed, and gives insight into the past thought processes of those responsible for constructing it. There's no comparison being made, because there's no system to compare it to.

When I read this thread I see people who are concerned about the similarities between what we know so far about this system and what CoHO had. I think that's a perfectly rational concern to have.

I also think it's kinda weird that you seem to believe people disliking a game has nothing to do with the developer, but that's an entirely different topic.
27 Feb 2015, 14:59 PM

If anything Inverse your posts ARE actually informative and well worth reading. You make many good points. My problem comes mainly from posts that really only add fuel to the fire. It makes me wonder if people really want to find out whats coming or rather fly blind head on into COH2's future.

My comments aren't directed at individuals while some might come to mind while writing them it is better to generalize my opinions so as not to openly offend. I hope people don't think I'm trying to poke the finger at people, tbh if it comes across that way to me it seems that a person is questioning themselves on whether they have acted in such a way that I have mentioned.
Hux
27 Feb 2015, 15:07 PM
Patrion 14

...a large number of people posting here are unhappy about the current state of the game, and choose to see the negative in all this. As for the support relic statement, yes I do support them, I support them for trying to change things again, after the last time they changed them they were condemned for doing so, it takes guts to try it again with full knowledge that this community would happily lynch them for doing it. :sealed:

This is insane.

I think the reason there is so much hostility towards Relic is the fact that there is still so much wrong with the game. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not talking about the call-in Meta or faction Design because I think they are largely subjective in terms of 'good/bad' design. What I'm most saddened by is the fact that there is still so much wrong with the game in terms of bugs and wonky things as Ipkai nicely put:

when unit abilities take my ammo but don't fire or infantry gets stuck on random objects during retreat or my vehicles path in a spazzy way so they spin on the spot and eats a million AT gun shots

Maps are ridiculously imbalanced depending on which side you play, Squads get insta-wiped when they all pile round a corner on top of each other and get wiped by a fucking stug , the list goes on.

And lets be clear. We're talking about a post bug patch here.

You say it's not Relic's fault if we don't like the game. I think you miss the point entirely, as liking a game and being satisfied with it are two separate things. I guess to some extent your right, its not their fault. But you sure as shit expect any self respecting business to be catering their product to customer satisfaction. If they aren't then you're being screwed.

But hey. Lets put all that negativity behind us because there might be a store coming! its the fact that new things are constantly being added and existing bugs and goofs are just largely ignored (180 degree MGs for months anyone?). That doesn't even take into account the bugs that creep in after each consecutive patch.

I get that you need to keep a game afloat, and things need to be financed but we're talking about a shoddy track record for this game and (if the speculation is correct) they're going to change it again? I personally think that's fucking idiocy. Although you may disagree. But hey I just make the statements, its not my fault if you don't like them (note: how daft the application of that argument is)

Now I'm not even a particularly good player. I'm nowhere near the level of tournament and largely I'm not brilliant at 1v1s, just to give some context for my viewpoint. In fact here's my PC:

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561197972511041

I love this game. Am I satisfied with it? Not really

I think not asking questions about ongoing issues before looking forward to the next set of changes is foolish. Personally
27 Feb 2015, 15:55 PM

To be brutally honest it's not Relic's fault people aren't happy with the game. They make the game, only you can decide if you like it or not.

you will excuse me if i "decide" not to like getting kicked in the balls. or if i "decide" not to like the burnt, oversalted, yet stale roast i got in a restaurant... but it's not the chefs fault i didn't like it right? i just got to try harder i guess :-/
27 Feb 2015, 15:56 PM

I love how people automatically assume they're not going to like something before they even have proper knowledge of it's implementation.

To be brutally honest it's not Relic's fault people aren't happy with the game. They make the game, only you can decide if you like it or not. So technically if your not happy with what is provided to you to experience then that's technically each persons own fault it has nothing to do with Relic.

For example, the amount of people complaining that we haven't seen a balance patch in months. Is this because they don't think there's currently a need for it. Which may very well be the case. Or because of the amount of people that frequent the forums complaining about lack of balance manage to rope more players in? Turning one persons idea into a frenzy, based on players that more often than not only need to improve their game. Yet decide to not take on that responsibility because it is easier to blame Relic.

I'll let each of you decide.

It is 100% Relics fault people are not happy with the game, there is tons of objectively bad things in the game such as the immense amount of bugs and performance issues. Why the hell should I NOT blame Relic for a bug that's been in the game for months on end and is an extremely game changing thing?

Relic themselves have said balance is wonked at the moment, how blind do you have to be to assume that it's the Players who are wrong when there isn't a single person in the entire coh2 sphere who things every thing is fine atm.

:rofl: Dude you gotta understand something, no one knows how this will work, no one even knows that it WILL happen, we can all assume, but I choose not to go around making decisions when even I don't have the full information, I leave my mind open to what may be as skeptical as I am that is the logical choice.

When this thread was made it was to inform people of things that not everyone was aware of. I could give more information but ideally who would understand the lines of code if they were showed them? o_O

I don't provoke discussion on anything besides what has been found and how it may affect THIS game! The fact that people have decided this will be as bad as or worse than COHO is rather poor choice considering how little they know on the subject. As for your comment on 'Mighty Relic' I myself am not satisfied with the game in its current state as many have seen me post multiple times.

But consider this, we all play the same game right? So how is it Relics fault that some people are satisfied and some are not with the current state of the game? How is it that some still play while others have given up or taken breaks? Do they make these decisions for us? I think you'll find the statement is correct. :facepalm:

:loco: Funny that your theory is completely wrong, considering the fact that thread is the way it is because the a large number of people posting here are unhappy about the current state of the game, and choose to see the negative in all this. As for the support relic statement, yes I do support them, I support them for trying to change things again, after the last time they changed them they were condemned for doing so, it takes guts to try it again with full knowledge that this community would happily lynch them for doing it. :sealed:

Okay, someone is squatting over your dinner plate with their pants down, do you think they are going to lay a golden egg for you? Or just shit all over a plate and make you eat it when they just did that to the last 10 people at the table.
27 Feb 2015, 15:56 PM

Considering it's all locked behind this ludicrous NDA, none of us have any idea what ongoing issues are specifically being looked at do we. So I make it a point to look into things after each patch. Unfortunately this is the most informative way to look into ongoing issues because we are told didly squat, so asking questions is a waste of my time unless I want to be answered with NDA. It just so happens that going through looking at those files you tend to stumble across new things when they appear.

TBH balance isn't my problem to solve, nor shall I begin a topic about what changes I find when they occur because after all fixing the game is not my job so why get all wound up about something that is almost completely out of my control. This community just like all others will never be 100% satisfied.

I've looked through thousands of lines of code over the past two weeks and I can tell you that most people here wouldn't have the faintest idea what they're even looking at.

In saying that we then understand that most people would have no idea how to fix the game, yet so many people think they know better than Relic, when in fact the truth is most don't have a clue. So if you convert that argument over to loving/liking/satisfied etc. Who would you think cares more about the games success? Who will determine it?

EDIT: As a separate closing statement because it seems trying to be positive and optimistic around here only gets you more and more hateful PM's, I shall simply say I don't think you'll find me posting more of what I find in the General forums any longer, welcome back the days of NDA.
Hux
27 Feb 2015, 16:02 PM
Patrion 14

Considering it's all locked behind this ludicrous NDA, none of us have any idea what ongoing issues are specifically being looked at do we. So I make it a point to look into things after each patch.

I don't think you'll find me posting more of what I find in the General forums any longer, welcome back the days of NDA.

We never left NDA.
27 Feb 2015, 16:09 PM

Considering it's all locked behind this ludicrous NDA, none of us have any idea what ongoing issues are specifically being looked at do we. So I make it a point to look into things after each patch. Unfortunately this is the most informative way to look into ongoing issues because we are told didly squat, so asking questions is a waste of my time unless I want to be answered with NDA. It just so happens that going through looking at those files you tend to stumble across new things when they appear.

TBH balance isn't my problem to solve, nor shall I begin a topic about what changes I find when they occur because after all fixing the game is not my job so why get all wound up about something that is almost completely out of my control. This community just like all others will never be 100% satisfied.

I've looked through thousands of lines of code over the past two weeks and I can tell you that most people here wouldn't have the faintest idea what they're even looking at.

In saying that we then understand that most people would have no idea how to fix the game, yet so many people think they know better than Relic, when in fact the truth is most don't have a clue. So if you convert that argument over to loving/liking/satisfied etc. Who would you think cares more about the games success? Who will determine it?

EDIT: As a separate closing statement because it seems trying to be positive and optimistic around here only gets you more and more hateful PM's, I shall simply say I don't think you'll find me posting more of what I find in the General forums any longer, welcome back the days of NDA.

People aren't positive or optimistic because they have nothing to be positive or optimistic about. Why would I, or anyone else be optimistic when have been given a shit sandwich of epic proportions?

And yeah people are giving you shit because after Napalms little news article people are getting quite tired of people coming to bat for Relic when the fucking Relic community manager herself admits that there are things wrong with the state of the game and that the fact zero communication is happening is stupid.
27 Feb 2015, 16:26 PM

I don't want communication. Some people say the stupidest things, like asking for a buff to Panzer IV, so I'd rather the game stay as it is than go backwards by listening to the german schteel "admirer" club.

Honestly at this point I just want the blatantly obvious things to be fixed. Fighting an enemy with better everything (do tell me what USF or Soviets have better than OKW, one thing, just one thing. Besides B4, which isn't even guaranteed to do well or anything) doesn't take too long to get old.

And then suddenly you give up on Soviets after hundreds of hours with them, make the switch to Ostheer and suddenly have far more consistent success with almost every doctrine. I did better as a fresh Ostheer player than I did as an "experienced" Soviet player, and there are people who consider Ostheer to be the worst faction! And no sensible person would defend OKW in any way, shape or form anyway, they are broken in every sense of the word.
Hux
27 Feb 2015, 16:40 PM
Patrion 14

Aaaanndddd this thread just became a balance theorycraft session again.

G'night folks!
27 Feb 2015, 17:26 PM

Aye and there we have the end of Mirage leaks. Well done everybody. I'm going to take Mirage's lead on this one and bow out from any of the other leaked code, whats coming next, prediction threads. Its just not worth the hassle.
27 Feb 2015, 17:33 PM

Yeah obviously it's the communities fault that when you post a thread about a P2W cash up in a game that's already on shaky stilts people say negative things.
27 Feb 2015, 17:43 PM
Donator 11

Wow coh community, way to be jerks and make him not want to post. What kind of monsters are we if we cant let people get hyped about a game we love. I love coh to death but not enough apparently to pm people rude and mean messages.

We're better than this guys
27 Feb 2015, 17:54 PM

Yeah I sure am hyped about a cash shop, I adore spending money to play a game Iv already payed 60+ dollars for.

And we haven't actually seen any evidence of said rude stuff, all Iv read ITT is people being understandably upset about more nickle and dime bullshit.
27 Feb 2015, 18:09 PM

Yeah I sure am hyped about a cash shop, I adore spending money to play a game Iv already payed 60+ dollars for.

And we haven't actually seen any evidence of said rude stuff, all Iv read ITT is people being understandably upset about more nickle and dime bullshit.

+ 111111111111111111111111111111111111
27 Feb 2015, 18:12 PM
Patrion 15

sad to hear, i appreciated your efford for finding this stuff.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS