Login

russian armor

In Game Store???

PAGES (12)down
26 Feb 2015, 23:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 18:51 PMInverse
Not even close. It had far less that CoH1, and CoH1 was peaking at around 10k players per day at that time.

*Falsehood*

I've seen more then 10k sometime...

Ask Quinn Duffy plz and the matter will be solve.
26 Feb 2015, 23:30 PM

+100 for the truth, Coho was from all sources a popular success with a wrong financial model.

Do your research and stop propagating falsehood. I was there, i played it to the end, it was supper fun and the waiting time for a game was seconds.

Plz stop writing nonsense....

Thanks.

CoHo had only a fracture of playerbase original coh had and it was far below 10k as already said previously in the thread.

Drop the pink glasses of nostalgia already, the game was a failure on so many levels it didn't even make to two digit month count on its life span.
26 Feb 2015, 23:31 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Some serious clashes against Inverse in this thread. Inverse has proven that he knows what he's talking about(Can't say the same about Van Vort) time and time again, AND he's a veteran CoH1 player, so why Van Vort and his crew are ganging up on Inverse I have no clue why. Inverse stated himself that he's making theories BASED on the actual leaks and what we know from those leaks; he then gets attacked by the single-player elitist group for voicing his opinion.

I don't know this "Van Vort" person is you are referring to, but he's clearly not me because I've also expressed my agreement with Inverse.

Mind you if you are going to misquote me, I suppose you might as well capitalise my name incorrectly and spell it wrong as well

PS:

The Italian Army fought with courage and skill
26 Feb 2015, 23:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 23:04 PMGiaA

Couldn't agree more with your 2nd paragraph. Angry bear members should think about this for a moment.

Wombats are not Bears
26 Feb 2015, 23:32 PM
Coder Red Badge

now, now :D Hold on!....;)

I know, you know, that you were part of a select band of 8 who agreed to play in the Harlequin CoHO tournament, before CoHO collapsed. Remember? With Nystrom, Audemed, ProPipe, Johny Crypton from the Czech Republic, AFKNinja (from NZ), Alphonse Rebain (SP?) from Estonia, Robert Taylor?

All power to your elbow :) It was an enjoyable spectable ;)

Yep, that's how I know it was a shit system for competition. I gave it a shot, and it was a trainwreck, though the subject game and the tournament organizer definitely didn't help matters. Everything about CoHO should've died with the game, it's depressing seeing perhaps its least desireable feature potentially being resurrected for CoH2.
26 Feb 2015, 23:34 PM

now, now :D Hold on!....;)

I know, you know, that you were part of a select band of 8 who agreed to play in the Harlequin CoHO tournament, before CoHO collapsed. Remember? With Nystrom, Audemed, ProPipe, Johny Crypton from the Czech Republic, AFKNinja (from NZ), Alphonse Rebain (SP?) from Estonia, Robert Taylor?

All power to your elbow :) It was an enjoyable spectable ;)

Ahahahaha Inverse -100... He must have lost...
26 Feb 2015, 23:40 PM

It's great news !

But, here are the minimal conditions i see for it to succeed:

-Keep the game balanced and as much bug free possible.

-In game supply can be used to buy everything and it's acquisition must come from normal gameplay without the need to do heavy grinding.

-Spending money must not be an obligation to play the game to stay competitive, but rather be an «act of love» to support someone's favorite game. (Love money marketing's concept)

-The money «needed» to support the game for a year of play must stay within the price of a average new game. (Around 20-30 CAD$ ) with that you should have «nearly» everything you want.

-The money would be spent to supply our «favorite pet units» or to speed up new units acquisition. But nothing to be more competitive, only to increase gameplay's flavor and variety.

With those requirements fulfill, i will play more then ever !!!!!

Long live to New COHO, sorry i mean COH2 the king of all team RTS !

Yes. U are right. That will be awsome.
26 Feb 2015, 23:41 PM

I don't know this "Van Vort" person is you are referring to, but he's clearly not me because I've also expressed my agreement with Inverse.

Mind you if you are going to misquote me, I suppose you might as well capitalise my name incorrectly and spell it wrong as well

PS:

The Italian Army fought with courage and skill

I spelt your name wrong indeed(And I'm not going to fix it), but I think you know that I was referring to you in my post. My post is absolutely right though and I didn't misquote anything; you despise the competitive CoH community and will do anything to see it erased from existence, hence why you compared competitive CoH players to the Taliban. Unfortunately for you, Relic relies on both the competitive CoH community as well as the single player community, so the competitive CoH community won't be dead anytime soon thankfully.

@ Voltar
CoH Online was a failure of epic proportions. It got shut down almost immediately because the transaction model they used was the wrong kind and implemented horribly, the balance was a disgrace...actually scratch that, I don't think there was any semblance of balance in CoH Online. I played CoH Online myself and I was there when it got shut down; the average amount of players was around 1500 whenever I played, and apparently my estimate of the playerbase isn't off since several people have also stated that the average amount of users online at any moment was around 2000.

CoH Online was a failure commercially, and just an outright disaster for competitive players and anyone who defends it needs to re-educate themselves.
26 Feb 2015, 23:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 22:10 PMInverse

Change is great; I don't think you'll find many people who don't think CoH2 needs to change if it's going to improve. But adding the CoHO shop system to CoH2 isn't a good change; it's a disaster to anyone who cares about playing this game even remotely seriously. And it's a whole lot easier to spot something like this while it's in the development phase than when it's already been coded and released. Why would you just blindly assume something is going to be great, especially when it comes from a company with a track record like Relic's? There's nothing wrong with being skeptical and taking issue with the direction Relic appears to be taking the game based on the information we have.

Given the communities current understanding this change could:

• Address the call in Meta.
  • Add a new dimension to the game, you must not just micro manage your armies but craft your doctrines.
  • Fix the outstanding war spoils issues.
  • Provide Relic the opportunity to release little bits of DLC content into the game.
  • Prevent unit abuse by requiring repair cycles or down town which will encourage other units to be used instead.
  • Tie in well with that Metamap thing I've seen floating around.

The only downside I see to this could be:

• Players can't use there same units over and over again without maintenance.
  • The small population that plays in tournaments gets mad because of the statement above.
  • Balancing, but this is always a issue.

Fuck we are all doomed. Better stop playing CoH2 and post more often on the forums.
26 Feb 2015, 23:52 PM

I spelt your name wrong indeed(And I'm not going to fix it), but I think you know that I was referring to you in my post. My post is absolutely right though and I didn't misquote anything; you despise the competitive CoH community and will do anything to see it erased from existence, hence why you compared competitive CoH players to the Taliban. Unfortunately for you, Relic relies on both the competitive CoH community as well as the single player community, so the competitive CoH community won't be dead anytime soon thankfully.

@ Voltar
CoH Online was a failure of epic proportions. It got shut down almost immediately because the transaction model they used was the wrong kind and implemented horribly, the balance was a disgrace...actually scratch that, I don't think there was any semblance of balance in CoH Online. I played CoH Online myself and I was there when it got shut down; the average amount of players was around 1500 whenever I played, and apparently my estimate of the playerbase isn't off since several people have also stated that the average amount of users online at any moment was around 2000.

CoH Online was a failure commercially, and just an outright disaster for competitive players and anyone who defends it needs to re-educate themselves.

Did you even play it ? How much time did you play it ?

I did play it at least 4 hours everyday during all the time the beta was up.

It's still for me and for many of my friends the best RTs ever made...

The meta was so rich that no game was exactly the same.

COHO died only because THQ was dying and they could not support the development costs and the support for such a huge game (Ask Quinn Duffy)

The financial model was a precursor (2009) and needed to be tuned. Many games now use nearly the same economic model.

Stop bitching when you know nothing.

If Relic don't find a way to make enough money, CoH2 will close. and VCOH too....like COHO did... But i think that some of you would be rather happy it that would happen.

But i 'm confident it'won't happen.

Thanks !
26 Feb 2015, 23:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 23:30 PMKatitof

CoHo had only a fracture of playerbase original coh had and it was far below 10k as already said previously in the thread.

Drop the pink glasses of nostalgia already, the game was a failure on so many levels it didn't even make to two digit month count on its life span.

Just go ask Quinn Duffy and stop spreading falsehood.
26 Feb 2015, 23:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 23:44 PMNapalm

• The small population that plays in tournaments gets mad because of the statement above.

Fuck we are all doomed. Better stop playing CoH2 and post more often on the forums.

Let me fix that for you:
The potential downside is that this new system brings us closer to p2w or pay-to-play. Forget tournaments. This is about fairness.

If the outcome of a match can be influenced by some form of currency we're all going to be affected.
27 Feb 2015, 00:08 AM

My apologies, I've been too harsh for nothing. Sorry

But i hate propaganda and trolls as much i hate walking stukas and bloobers...

That said, i sincerely think there is enough space in the COH universe for us all. Everyone is important.

We better solve our conflicts on the battlefield and unite our voice to have a great lasting game for us all in the forum.

All it need is a good will and great coding and we will all be happy.
27 Feb 2015, 00:15 AM

• Add a new dimension to the game, you must not just micro manage your armies but craft your doctrines.
  • Provide Relic the opportunity to release little bits of DLC content into the game.
  • Prevent unit abuse by requiring repair cycles or down town which will encourage other units to be used instead.

This would be the most retarded and insane way to stop call in meta, and it would only stop it for people not willing to shill out money to play the game they have already payed 60+ dollars for.

Pay for Advantage DLC is cancer, skins, faceplates, and decals are fine, but fuck you need to be delusional to think paying to use commanders you already payed for is okay. How much money do I need to drop on coh2? I payed full price at release AND full price at WFA release, why the fuck do I deserve to be nickle and dimed at every single corner?

Maybe if COH2 was an amazing game, sure I could see this being somewhat understandable, but it's filled with performance issues and bugs, and we haven't gotten a balance patch in MONTHS.
27 Feb 2015, 00:17 AM
Coder Red Badge

How will it magically fix the metagame? All it'll do is give players who pay for supply more freedom to use the units and items they want. CoH2's metagame problems are a consequence of the game's design, not its economic model. It won't "prevent abuse" (which is pretty strange and vague wording to begin with) because, again, players who are willing to pay won't be affected at all. Instead it will split the community into those willing to pay in order to use the best units all the time and those not willing to pay and instead being forced to use different, weaker units artificially thanks to the game's business model. I also don't see how this system would integrate with the metamap idea, especially since Relic has made statements regarding their vision of that system that doesn't mesh with economics in any perceptible way, aside from maybe giving drops.

What it will do is improve the drop system, perhaps let players purchase some otherwise paywalled content with supply, and give Relic more opportunities to monetize their game. All of this comes at the cost of giving players who are willing to spend money on item maintenance a very noticeable in-game advantage. That's a pretty huge step down the rabbit hole for a game that is first and foremost about competition, be it in custom games, in automatch, or in tournaments.

Companies like Valve and Blizzard have shown that there are gameplay-neutral ways to monetize your games over long periods of time. Giving players a paid-for advantage in a multiplayer game is, in my humble opinion, inexcusable.
27 Feb 2015, 00:30 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I spelt your name wrong indeed(And I'm not going to fix it), but I think you know that I was referring to you in my post. My post is absolutely right though and I didn't misquote anything; you despise the competitive CoH community and will do anything to see it erased from existence, hence why you compared competitive CoH players to the Taliban.

I'm impressed that you are crediting me with bond villain levels of malevolence and capability, it seems you have penetrated my façade. So I shall reveal the truth: Even now I am sitting in my impenetrable mountain fortress deep in the Atlas surrounded by gun-toting grim-faced Berber henchmen, ogling my concubines and stroking my pussy whilst plotting how to bring low the 1v1 player-base.

I had planned to build a time machine to travel back and "erase it from existence" by killing it's grandfather, unfortunately I had some budget issues after I pre-ordered Ardennes Assault at full price so that plan is on hold until I knock over De Beers, but mark my words ye shall rue the day ye mocked me, and RUE IT HARD. Ye shall Rue it so hard your name shall be RUEForever.
27 Feb 2015, 00:39 AM

You seemed like a reasonable and cool guy when I saw you on relics stream but this statement is plain ridiculous. "The small population that plays in tournaments"...what about the people who watch tournaments ? Hell this site has been created mainly to support competitive play. Why do you and your clanmates keep teasing people who want this game to be competitive ?

You're talking about a second dimension for the game besides the "battlefield", however you need to keep in mind that spending money on the game would allow players to completely bypass this layer of the game. So pls add "-completely destroys any of the leftover competitive spirit this game has" as a disadvantage.
27 Feb 2015, 01:15 AM

This is my big concern with the feature. I would like to be able to use whichever commander I want without having to worry about supply or durability. The ability to just jump in game and play is one of CoH2's strengths. Having to worry about keeping my commanders repaired or having adequate supply could dramatically detract from that enjoyment because at the end of the day it just isn't that fun to have to manage supply. I don't want to be forced to mess around with a boring supply system just so I can keep doing what I really want to do, which is play CoH2.

The caveat here is that we really don't know how Relic is going to implement the system. They might implement that horrid CoHO system but it is equally possible they learned from that particular mistake and we'll see a much more palatable supply system, one that complements the game play instead of interfering with it. We can only hope.
27 Feb 2015, 01:57 AM

I'm backing Inverse on every point. Don't mess up please relic.

/contribution to thread
27 Feb 2015, 02:22 AM

I don't see how Relic basing their entire financial gains from commander call in dlc is going to fix call-ins. If anything, the call in meta will get worse as more call-in units are pushed into the game via microtransactions in the store.

Of course COHO was good. It was literally COH1 but with microtransactions. I guess whoever person was in charge of COHO stayed with Relic for COH2 and is responsible for the DLC commander "options".

My hope is that the new British and German fractions are fun, balanced, complex and have multiple viable strategies.

If not, Relic pls HD remaster of COH1. Its the least you can do.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 15

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment