Login

russian armor

In Game Store???

PAGES (12)down
26 Feb 2015, 16:24 PM

I think to keep the game competitive would be to allow players to buy/find/trade items that are cosmetic and dont affect gameplay in anyway such as changing to a tank model to another tank but still keeping its stats or giving infantry alternative uniforms like field grey uniforms for grenadiers or a coh 1 model for volksgrenadiers now these would come in the crates you can find/buy with different amounts of rarity
But if they do something such as buying something with money/supply that allows you to train shocks with a commander (this is just an example btw) I wouldnt be happy
26 Feb 2015, 16:32 PM

In the end paying for commanders and paying TO repair commanders is really, really dumb because it affect Ostheer and Soviets far more than it does the WFA factions.

I mean this kinda a round about way to kill call in meta, but jesus christ is it a stupid one.
26 Feb 2015, 18:37 PM
Benefactor 115

strong casual player base gives you a strong competitive base not because they are dependant on each other but because you just have a big player base.

A CoHO business model wouldn't give you a big player base as the concurrent players for CoHO wasn't even half the concurrent users for regular CoH.

Let's hope they aren't stupid enough to implement a CoHO business model again.
26 Feb 2015, 18:49 PM

Hu? COHO had 10k players on regular basis when it was a simple beta.
26 Feb 2015, 18:51 PM
Coder Red Badge

Not even close. It had far less that CoH1, and CoH1 was peaking at around 10k players per day at that time.
26 Feb 2015, 18:52 PM
Donator 11

Competitive coh is best coh
26 Feb 2015, 19:05 PM

hmmmm this may or may not be a good idea...
26 Feb 2015, 19:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 16:15 PMNapalm

It may come off as hostile as this is a hostile environment. Eat or be eaten. The Hunger games have arrived to coh2.org and team "eports" and team "never played the game but have an opinion" are winning the battle for the forums.

I believe you greatly underestimate team "scrubs, but know better then top 10 players" presence with captain alex, trainer jaigen and latest transfer, but already showing extremely promising results John Doe.

Its an underdog team, but captain alone, single handedly took over 70% of the forums.
26 Feb 2015, 19:13 PM

strong casual player base gives you a strong competitive base not because they are dependant on each other but because you just have a big player base.

A CoHO business model wouldn't give you a big player base as the concurrent players for CoHO wasn't even half the concurrent users for regular CoH.

Let's hope they aren't stupid enough to implement a CoHO business model again.

i agree. I think the online store would not add more players to the playerbase. Maybe Sega and Relic know that adding new players will be difficult to do
26 Feb 2015, 19:17 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 12:35 PMnigo

we want more LEAKS sir Mirage. :P

But..but.. you are the acknowledged expert ;) The board admires you for it :)
26 Feb 2015, 19:26 PM
Senior Editor Badge

thanks Major, but Relic going in FULL RETARD mode with this "durability" concept will cancel my leaks power :(

26 Feb 2015, 20:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Hello fellow debaters,

I think Relic could include some features/options for tournament that would disable any non vanilla units or include a way for tournament managers to determine the setup for every one in the tournament, defacto leveling the playing field for everybody.

This would work fine

Also I am sceptical that anyone in a tournament would suffer meaningful attrition during the relatively small numbers of games involved
26 Feb 2015, 20:12 PM
Coder Red Badge

In the CoHO system items lasted around 5 games before breaking, depending on the length of the games being played, which isn't enough games to complete a tournament.
26 Feb 2015, 20:16 PM

I am not against any forms of customizations, but all this durability thing is looks troubling to say at least.

Relic aren't going full retard to make coh2 pay2play game you already bought, are they?
Hux
26 Feb 2015, 20:49 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 20:16 PMJadame!

Relic aren't going... to make coh2 pay2play game you already bought, are they?

I hope not. this is my biggest worry. I paid for a product. then I paid for another product (WFAs) and now there's a good possibility that its not a product anymore but a service. I didnt want a service. If i did that's what I'd have bought....
26 Feb 2015, 21:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 15:55 PMboca

Honest question: is this appropriate from a staff member at a site which routinely promotes those tournaments? A site which seems to be at the forefront of promoting those tournaments? Your hostility toward their participants is off-putting at best and this attitude from a "Senior Editor" deserves scrutiny from other staff.

Honest and Polite Question will get a Honest and Polite Response:

I am not interested in tournaments, I don't play in them, I don't watch them, I very rarely play 1v1 and I don't care about them. It was not a condition of me, or so far as I am aware anyone else, joining staff that I do any of those things and I don't intend to. Most the content I generate is directed at the lower skill level and 3v3 and 4v4 crowd that is otherwise un-catered for.

That in itself merely makes me indifferent.

But each time a 1v1 player gets upset?

I smile inside

Because they spent most of my early time on this site condescending to me and the others like me who are the vast majority of the player base, actually pay the bills for Relic and keep the game alive because we aren't good enough or worthy of their attention.

So maybe if they did not treat everyone else like pudding I would have some sympathy

26 Feb 2015, 21:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge

That's not a leak

THIS is a leak
26 Feb 2015, 21:31 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 20:12 PMInverse
In the CoHO system items lasted around 5 games before breaking, depending on the length of the games being played, which isn't enough games to complete a tournament.

And of course no one who plays a tournament will have supply saved up from previous games at all.
26 Feb 2015, 21:32 PM
Patrion 14

The concept could be nice, could give us some more reason to win a game than only increase a silly ranking number.
This has potential. But Lelic is developing it, so: No thanks, I fear for the worst. :*(
26 Feb 2015, 21:41 PM
Coder Red Badge

Maybe you do, maybe you don't. But if you're practicing for a tournament, you're going to want to have access to everything you'll have access to in the tournament game. That means you're using your best items in practice, and you're losing more supply than you're gaining in practice. Furthermore, in CoHO you received less supply when you played custom games than when you automatched, which means a tournament player is actively punished for playing proper practice matches.

No matter how you slice it, it's a terrible situation for anybody who wants to play the game competitively, and this isn't even accounting for the fact that ladder players who pay money would have more consistent access to the best items than ladder players who don't pay. The ladder is the competitive environment that the largest number of players have access to, and it's arguably the one most affected by this system.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS