Login

russian armor

In Game Store???

PAGES (12)down
27 Feb 2015, 02:32 AM

Cash shops like described in the OP are basically part and parcel for any game that's almost dead and the company wants to suck as much money out of it as possible. So I wouldn't be surprised is Sega is tightening Relics belt.

Or they are just assholes with no common sense, will be kinda funny to see how good DoW3 is compared to this because if they fuck up DoW Sega will gut them and sell them off.
27 Feb 2015, 03:02 AM

Did you even play it ? How much time did you play it ?

Yes, I did. Did you even read my post or did you hastily press the reply button once you saw the word "CoHO", and proceed to type incoherent phrases.

I did play it at least 4 hours everyday during all the time the beta was up.
Good for you?

It's still for me and for many of my friends the best RTs ever made...
Great, although i'm not sure why you've felt the need to bring up how you find CoHO to be one the best rts games, when the current argument was about concurrent players, the balance of the game and the transaction model Relic decided to use for CoHO.

The meta was so rich that no game was exactly the same.
Rich isn't the word I would use. Matches were different for the worse but of course the casual simple-minded players didn't notice.

COHO died only because THQ was dying and they could not support the development costs and the support for such a huge game (Ask Quinn Duffy)

CoHO died because of the transaction model they used, the balance was horrible and a low playerbase that consisted of casuals who found VCOH too hard. Sure though, why not ask Quinn Duffy, right? I mean, it's not like he's one of the senior members of Relic...since we're at it, why don't we ask the CEO of Lockheed and Martin if they think their business is doing good.

CoHO wasn't a major game and why you're portraying it as such is beyond me; it was a low budget experiment and if you can't see this then i'm done talking you.

The financial model was a precursor (2009) and needed to be tuned. Many games now use nearly the same economic model.

Utterly wrong but i'm not surprised. Their economic model they used for CoHO was never and currently isn't the basis for the economic models other game devs use. If Relic was smart, they would've used the Dota 2 economic model, but they opted for one simply wasn't sustainable and anti-consumer.

Stop bitching when you know nothing.

Stop getting angry when people call you out on your bs, and maybe you won't receive such hostility. I live in Canada like you, so if you want we can settle this in real life with a street brawl. We can settle our differences that way like men.

If Relic don't find a way to make enough money, CoH2 will close. and VCOH too....like COHO did... But i think that some of you would be rather happy it that would happen.

But i 'm confident it'won't happen.

Thanks !

If Relic can't make enough money to sustain CoH2, then i'm not going to lose any sleep since I've bought content for CoH2 that I feel is worth it; it's up to Relic to make content that the consumer feels is worth purchasing. Also, do you have any evidence of people on this community wanting CoH2 to die? It's a rather bold claim and I'll need evidence for that.
27 Feb 2015, 03:04 AM

The Emperor and the Inquisition won't allow Relic to screw up Dawn of War 3. For Relic's sake, I hope they do Dawn of War 3 justice or they will feel the Emperor's wrath.
27 Feb 2015, 03:48 AM

Yes, I did. Did you even read my post or did you hastily press the reply button once you saw the word "CoHO", and proceed to type incoherent phrases.

Good for you?

Great, although i'm not sure why you've felt the need to bring up how you find CoHO to be one the best rts games, when the current argument was about concurrent players, the balance of the game and the transaction model Relic decided to use for CoHO.

Rich isn't the word I would use. Matches were different for the worse but of course the casual simple-minded players didn't notice.

CoHO died because of the transaction model they used, the balance was horrible and a low playerbase that consisted of casuals who found VCOH too hard. Sure though, why not ask Quinn Duffy, right? I mean, it's not like he's one of the senior members of Relic...since we're at it, why don't we ask the CEO of Lockheed and Martin if they think their business is doing good.

CoHO wasn't a major game and why you're portraying it as such is beyond me; it was a low budget experiment and if you can't see this then i'm done talking you.

Utterly wrong but i'm not surprised. Their economic model they used for CoHO was never and currently isn't the basis for the economic models other game devs use. If Relic was smart, they would've used the Dota 2 economic model, but they opted for one simply wasn't sustainable and anti-consumer.

Stop getting angry when people call you out on your bs, and maybe you won't receive such hostility. I live in Canada like you, so if you want we can settle this in real life with a street brawl. We can settle our differences that way like men.

If Relic can't make enough money to sustain CoH2, then i'm not going to lose any sleep since I've bought content for CoH2 that I feel is worth it; it's up to Relic to make content that the consumer feels is worth purchasing. Also, do you have any evidence of people on this community wanting CoH2 to die? It's a rather bold claim and I'll need evidence for that.

Well well who is getting angry when the facts are not on his side, ask Duffy himself and stop spreading falsehood, propaganda and nonsense.

And read all my posts again if you can ever understand them...

It's people like you that kill good games. Games are made for everyone, not just for your own little special tastes.

I've been playing RPG games for the last 25 years, so i know something about fighting little trolls...

Next time you quote me with your BS, i won't be that nice.

Get lost.
27 Feb 2015, 03:50 AM

If by the Emperors Wrath you mean Sega's wrath than yeah. Sega is in the garbage bin financially right now, can't really afford many more flops.
27 Feb 2015, 04:37 AM

Well well who is getting angry when the facts are not on his side
The worst part is that you're saying this with a straight face, and staunchly believe that you're right. You know who you remind me of? Countless politicians who tell lies to the People's faces, while doing so with a straight face. The facts are in this thread...facts that you refuse to acknowledge because it would damage your faith in Relic.

ask Duffy himself and stop spreading falsehood, propaganda and nonsense.

No need since the evidence is in this thread. Your arguments have been countered by several people in this thread who actually know what they're talking about, and can type proper sentences.

And read all my posts again if you can ever understand them...

I did read your posts and most of it is incoherent/broken English. If you can't type proper sentences, then you might think about getting a human translator so we can actually understand what you're typing. Unlike you, i'm English and have a strong grasp of the English language, and I can say for certain that most of your "sentences" don't make sense.

It's people like you that kill good games. Games are made for everyone, not just for your own little special tastes.

Right, I think it's clear that you have no fucking idea what you're saying. An avid CoH2 player killing CoH2? Great fucking logic there, mate.

I've been playing RPG games for the last 25 years, so i know something about fighting little trolls...

I've fought self-righteous bastards before, so i'm quite good at dealing with people like you.

Next time you quote me with your BS, i won't be that nice.
I just did, so what now tough guy?

Get lost.

How bout fuck off?
27 Feb 2015, 04:41 AM

I spelt your name wrong indeed(And I'm not going to fix it), but I think you know that I was referring to you in my post. My post is absolutely right though and I didn't misquote anything; you despise the competitive CoH community and will do anything to see it erased from existence, hence why you compared competitive CoH players to the Taliban. Unfortunately for you, Relic relies on both the competitive CoH community as well as the single player community, so the competitive CoH community won't be dead anytime soon thankfully.

@ Voltar
CoH Online was a failure of epic proportions. It got shut down almost immediately because the transaction model they used was the wrong kind and implemented horribly, the balance was a disgrace...actually scratch that, I don't think there was any semblance of balance in CoH Online. I played CoH Online myself and I was there when it got shut down; the average amount of players was around 1500 whenever I played, and apparently my estimate of the playerbase isn't off since several people have also stated that the average amount of users online at any moment was around 2000.

CoH Online was a failure commercially, and just an outright disaster for competitive players and anyone who defends it needs to re-educate themselves.

Is this guy seriously still impersonating me?
27 Feb 2015, 04:44 AM
Patrion 14

lol. who is reforever1911?
27 Feb 2015, 04:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2015, 01:15 AMCabreza

This is my big concern with the feature. I would like to be able to use whichever commander I want without having to worry about supply or durability. The ability to just jump in game and play is one of CoH2's strengths. Having to worry about keeping my commanders repaired or having adequate supply could dramatically detract from that enjoyment because at the end of the day it just isn't that fun to have to manage supply. I don't want to be forced to mess around with a boring supply system just so I can keep doing what I really want to do, which is play CoH2.

The caveat here is that we really don't know how Relic is going to implement the system. They might implement that horrid CoHO system but it is equally possible they learned from that particular mistake and we'll see a much more palatable supply system, one that complements the game play instead of interfering with it. We can only hope.

They read the forums. I hope they are taking some of this feedback in. Until then all we can do is;

27 Feb 2015, 05:09 AM

Hey guys, what if you actually get plenty of supply for restoring your items and buying new stuff, and the durability is a way to punish players for constantly leaving games?
27 Feb 2015, 05:10 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2015, 04:47 AMNapalm

They read the forums. I hope they are taking some of this feedback in. Until then all we can do is;

are you their new PR manager or something? lol.

good to hear they read it anyway. thanks.
27 Feb 2015, 05:12 AM

Sometimes I think they read the forums and trick themselves with reverse psychology that what players want is the exact opposite of what they post about all day, every day, in hundreds of threads. :loco:
27 Feb 2015, 05:31 AM

Yeah jump to conclusions, it's not like we have a detailed description in the OP.

Sometimes I think they read the forums and trick themselves with reverse psychology that what players want is the exact opposite of what they post about all day, every day, in hundreds of threads. :loco:

Cynthia reads the forums, the developers do not. That is why nothing said here matters that much ultimately. I mean shit the devs can't even get the patch notes right.
27 Feb 2015, 07:09 AM

I love how people automatically assume they're not going to like something before they even have proper knowledge of it's implementation.

To be brutally honest it's not Relic's fault people aren't happy with the game. They make the game, only you can decide if you like it or not. So technically if your not happy with what is provided to you to experience then that's technically each persons own fault it has nothing to do with Relic.

For example, the amount of people complaining that we haven't seen a balance patch in months. Is this because they don't think there's currently a need for it. Which may very well be the case. Or because of the amount of people that frequent the forums complaining about lack of balance manage to rope more players in? Turning one persons idea into a frenzy, based on players that more often than not only need to improve their game. Yet decide to not take on that responsibility because it is easier to blame Relic.

I'll let each of you decide.
27 Feb 2015, 07:14 AM

i personally complain about balanace here, and not on the 'offical' forums because the offical forums had an age-gate that i would have to enter my DOB every time i opened the website. hahhaaha
27 Feb 2015, 08:51 AM

Sega is in the garbage bin financially right now, can't really afford many more flops.

Fear the real enemy.

No but honestly your kind of right. Most SEGA games in the last 10 years were horrible failures. I think they are pretty low on money hence they insist on that lousy DLC and P2W system in most of their games.
It's a vicious circle.
27 Feb 2015, 09:06 AM

don't sega own the total war franchise? i thought rome 2 and now atilla were great sucesses

current players.......peak today
6,790.................17,111............Total War: ATTILA
6,565.................16,200............Total War: ROME II
27 Feb 2015, 11:17 AM

I love how the OP leaks something that leans towards the game WILL HAVE SOME SORT OF IN-GAME SHOP and DURABILITY ITEMS, then the whole thread turns into a community bashing fest and the shitty COHO remake ideal/theory crafting by some elittist forum warriors.

Seriously; when you made this thread what were you thinking?? Based on these information getting positive feedback is out of the pot instantly.

It's pretty dumb to post how negative the community is after provocating them with such leaks while trying to save Relic's arse because you state the community is the reason why they aren't satisfied with the MIGHTY RELIC.

For me it seems like your whole thread is intended about bashing the players and supporting Relic with the back-up of some members. Typical ultra-relicist behaviour.
27 Feb 2015, 11:57 AM

:rofl: Dude you gotta understand something, no one knows how this will work, no one even knows that it WILL happen, we can all assume, but I choose not to go around making decisions when even I don't have the full information, I leave my mind open to what may be as skeptical as I am that is the logical choice.

When this thread was made it was to inform people of things that not everyone was aware of. I could give more information but ideally who would understand the lines of code if they were showed them? o_O

I don't provoke discussion on anything besides what has been found and how it may affect THIS game! The fact that people have decided this will be as bad as or worse than COHO is rather poor choice considering how little they know on the subject. As for your comment on 'Mighty Relic' I myself am not satisfied with the game in its current state as many have seen me post multiple times.

But consider this, we all play the same game right? So how is it Relics fault that some people are satisfied and some are not with the current state of the game? How is it that some still play while others have given up or taken breaks? Do they make these decisions for us? I think you'll find the statement is correct. :facepalm:

:loco: Funny that your theory is completely wrong, considering the fact that thread is the way it is because the a large number of people posting here are unhappy about the current state of the game, and choose to see the negative in all this. As for the support relic statement, yes I do support them, I support them for trying to change things again, after the last time they changed them they were condemned for doing so, it takes guts to try it again with full knowledge that this community would happily lynch them for doing it. :sealed:
27 Feb 2015, 12:19 PM

PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 34
Korea, Republic Of 4
Russian Federation 81
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W