Login

russian armor

In Game Store???

PAGES (12)down
26 Feb 2015, 22:06 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 21:41 PMInverse
Maybe you do, maybe you don't. But if you're practicing for a tournament, you're going to want to have access to everything you'll have access to in the tournament game. That means you're using your best items in practice, and you're losing more supply than you're gaining in practice. Furthermore, in CoHO you received less supply when you played custom games than when you automatched, which means a tournament player is actively punished for playing proper practice matches.

No matter how you slice it, it's a terrible situation for anybody who wants to play the game competitively, and this isn't even accounting for the fact that ladder players who pay money would have more consistent access to the best items than ladder players who don't pay.

now, now :D Hold on!....;)

I know, you know, that you were part of a select band of 8 who agreed to play in the Harlequin CoHO tournament, before CoHO collapsed. Remember? With Nystrom, Audemed, ProPipe, Johny Crypton from the Czech Republic, AFKNinja (from NZ), Alphonse Rebain (SP?) from Estonia, Robert Taylor?

All power to your elbow :) It was an enjoyable spectable ;)
26 Feb 2015, 22:10 PM
Patrion 14

Van Voort is my hero, and, unlike Inverse he's actually a CoH2 player.
26 Feb 2015, 22:11 PM

So it seems with out having any source of credible information on the implementation of what we've come across here. People have decided to assume they know how it will work, who it will benefit, and what downsides it will have. All while having no more knowledge than the next person on how, what, why, and or when.

Either some people are getting disappointed early saving themselves some trouble later on.

Or they're going to find themselves completely and utterly wrong and I'm going to end up firing torpedos at those who mistakenly got everybody wound up over nothing.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 19:12 PMKatitof

I believe you greatly underestimate team "scrubs, but know better then top 10 players" presence with captain alex, trainer jaigen and latest transfer, but already showing extremely promising results John Doe.

Its an underdog team, but captain alone, single handedly took over 70% of the forums.

Please take your anger posting to the shout box Katitof, if you want to actually discuss something your more than welcome to.
Honorary Member Badge

We would need to see how it works.

In practice it may move balance from:

"Match by Match"

Where it is a question of using the best options in a given match

To a higher level where you cannot employ your best options each time and have to decide when to use them.

If damaged items recover slowly when not in use (as AA Companies do) this can work especially well.

It would be like having a Tournament where you play 10 matches, but you can only use each commander once so you have to chose when to employ them

26 Feb 2015, 22:13 PM

Honest and Polite Question will get a Honest and Polite Response:

I am not interested in tournaments, I don't play in them, I don't watch them, I very rarely play 1v1 and I don't care about them. It was not a condition of me, or so far as I am aware anyone else, joining staff that I do any of those things and I don't intend to. Most the content I generate is directed at the lower skill level and 3v3 and 4v4 crowd that is otherwise un-catered for.

That in itself merely makes me indifferent.

But each time a 1v1 player gets upset?

I smile inside

Because they spent most of my early time on this site condescending to me and the others like me who are the vast majority of the player base, actually pay the bills for Relic and keep the game alive because we aren't good enough or worthy of their attention.

So maybe if they did not treat everyone else like pudding I would have some sympathy

You Know what's funny ? It's been an upcoming trend lately to complain about "elitist" and "arrogant" 1v1 players who assault casual players for their game mode preferences. This would be perfectly understandable if those people actually existed but they don't.
26 Feb 2015, 22:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge

But, you were my hero, clearly we should elope

26 Feb 2015, 22:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge

So it seems with out having any source of credible information on the implementation of what we've come across here. People have decided to assume they know how it will work, who it will benefit, and what downsides it will have. All while having no more knowledge than the next person on how, what, why, and or when.

Welcome to the Internet.

You must be new here

Tip the waiter, try the veal, I'll be here until I find something more interesting to do with my time
26 Feb 2015, 22:24 PM

+1. So happy to have him in The Angry Bears.
26 Feb 2015, 22:26 PM
Patrion 14

durability boo~~~

if relic was going to implement durability the way we predicted it, then forget it. boo~~~
26 Feb 2015, 22:29 PM
Benefactor 115

I enjoy playing team games and play them more than 1v1 but because I organised tournaments and did shout casts I'm apparently "1v1 taliban scum"

I would like games not to devolve into call in spam vs OKW infantry death balls and not get pissed off when unit abilities take my ammo but don't fire or infantry gets stuck on random objects during retreat or my vehicles path in a spazzy way so they spin on the spot and eats a million AT gun shots or an M8A1 just gibs all my infantry in one shot or a vet 3 rifle grenade insta gibs my MG etc.

Instead of a rather superfluous shop system which doesn't help address root issues with the game but is merely more window dressing which won't help retain players.
26 Feb 2015, 22:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Please don't set me up against Inverse guys

He knows what he talks about, regrettably and unfortunately for him COH2 isn't and probably won't ever be the game he wants it to be but he is authoritive and polite in articulating the reasons why.
26 Feb 2015, 22:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I enjoy playing team games and play them more than 1v1 but because I organised tournaments and did shout casts I'm apparently "1v1 taliban scum"

Nope you only qualify to be a well-adjusted and normal human being
26 Feb 2015, 22:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 22:13 PMGiaA

You Know what's funny ? It's been an upcoming trend lately to complain about "elitist" and "arrogant" 1v1 players who assault casual players for their game mode preferences. This would be perfectly understandable if those people actually existed but they don't.

The Volks thread was locked because people were demanding to 1v1 me, they exist, but I'm by far no casual player lol. Sunk way to much time into this gardening game.

But honestly the bugs and performance issues in this game are so huge, they need to be addressed. And balance in team games is just an extension of balance in 1's and 2's. The issues in team games are just the same as in one and twos, just inflated.

A horde of volks/horde of rifles isn't any more or less stupid no matter what game mode your in.

And Inverse is 100% and IpKaiFung has more than a right to hope Relic is fired into the sun and COH2 gets a dev that doesn't treat it's testers and community members like garbage.
26 Feb 2015, 22:50 PM

Some serious clashes against Inverse in this thread. Inverse has proven that he knows what he's talking about(Can't say the same about Van Vort) time and time again, AND he's a veteran CoH1 player, so why Van Vort and his crew are ganging up on Inverse I have no clue why. Inverse stated himself that he's making theories BASED on the actual leaks and what we know from those leaks; he then gets attacked by the single-player elitist group for voicing his opinion.

It's almost hilariously comical because those single player elitists call 1v1 competitive players the Taliban of video games, but their behavoiur is exactly the same, except their allegiance is to the CoH SP/3v3 and 4v4 matches.

I agree with Inverse that the system from the leaks seem to be heavily influenced or copied and pasted from CoH Online, and could very well be the same system. I'm waiting on a solid explanation on Relic's part before I congratulate them or give them hell in a written letter(I've already written a few letters to Relic).

Here's hoping it isn't a copy-paste job from CoH online; that game was poison for competitive players, was unbalanced and wasn't very fun; luckily it got shut down shortly after release.
26 Feb 2015, 23:04 PM

Inverse speaks the truth. Besides, if the COHO-like durability scenario happens I fail to see how it would benefit team games either.

I guess it's just some sort of campaign against competitive player base by people who want to be the good guys throwing money at Relic whatever they do. And apparently trying to improve quality of competitive events does not equal supporting the game.

Yes, it's all speculation but I fear it might be too late to have this discussion once shit has hit the fan.
26 Feb 2015, 23:04 PM

Some serious clashes against Inverse in this thread. Inverse has proven that he knows what he's talking about(Can't say the same about Van Vort) time and time again, AND he's a veteran CoH1 player, so why Van Vort and his crew are ganging up on Inverse I have no clue why. Inverse stated himself that he's making theories BASED on the actual leaks and what we know from those leaks; he then gets attacked by the single-player elitist group for voicing his opinion.

It's almost hilariously comical because those single player elitists call 1v1 competitive players the Taliban of video games, but their behavoiur is exactly the same, except their allegiance is to the CoH SP/3v3 and 4v4 matches.

I agree with Inverse that the system from the leaks seem to be heavily influenced or copied and pasted from CoH Online, and could very well be the same system. I'm waiting on a solid explanation on Relic's part before I congratulate them or give them hell in a written letter(I've already written a few letters to Relic).

Here's hoping it isn't a copy-paste job from CoH online; that game was poison for competitive players, was unbalanced and wasn't very fun; luckily it got shut down shortly after release.

Couldn't agree more with your 2nd paragraph. Angry bear members should think about this for a moment.
26 Feb 2015, 23:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 18:49 PMEsxile
Hu? COHO had 10k players on regular basis when it was a simple beta.

+100 for the truth, Coho was from all sources a popular success with a wrong financial model.

Do your research and stop propagating falsehood. I was there, i played it to the end, it was supper fun and the waiting time for a game was seconds.

Plz stop writing nonsense....

Thanks.
26 Feb 2015, 23:24 PM

I do have to say that this topic has reached epic proportions. I'm actually kinda excited to see what's this all about :snfQuinn:
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS